The Land of Milk and Honey

Good lord, single landowner?

Not positive, but I think it was a few. Folks here are good about lining up several properties to burn at once. Way easier to burn a thousand acres than 80 here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best man always such a big help. Oh, and I became a father again about 12 hours after this. My heart may explode.
3852a9dbe6a2bfb0db6a7a4d47cc0f6b.jpg

Ha congrats! I’ve got number 2 due in September…wish it was now so it didn’t impede upon deer season!

Ha congrats! I’ve got number 2 due in September…wish it was now so it didn’t impede upon deer season!

Yeah, my boy is late October. Wasn’t making that mistake again! had my chastity belt on from January to March!

Haha! Hey congrats! yeah my wife knew what she was doing. We had 1 baby in July and the others are 2 in December and 1 in January. Plus we got married in Feb, so I get to skip V-day!

Cute!!!
Congrats!

Congrats! Aint nothing better man! She's sure a cutie.

Congratulations on the new addition! Looks to be a keeper!

Not much better than when the head fire hits the back burn… Never gets old!
b8a1e644fea7ba63d5ff01f0682640ca.jpg

Man yall light it up out there! Is that almost exclusively for cattle out that way?

I worked a track meet today. Smoke plumes ALL AFTERNOON all around us! Everyone and their brother is burning today!

I worked a track meet today. Smoke plumes ALL AFTERNOON all around us! Everyone and their brother is burning today!

This one was across the valley, but there were plumes in every direction. Rare NE wind for this time of year. Omaha gonna be mad when the wind shifts this weekend…

Got the row cleaners on my planter and reinstalled the Keeton seed firmers. As soon as the wind quits blowing 100 I’ll get the gauge wheels on and we’ll be real close.
637f86ceba888c5645bf9029c6c17ae3.jpg

Very nice!

Disc openers and we are getting very close. Have to order some specialty bolts and then we will be parts complete. Just gotta finish putting it together.
e2d09421eaccf22bec0c588be2c149c0.jpg

Well, piss on the local conservation district… I hadn’t heard from them a couple weeks ago so I called to check the status of the drill I was gonna rent. She said they tried to call, buuuuuut I hadn’t missed a call. I got back on the list and she said it should be about a week. I called today and she said they tried again and I didn’t answer. I checked the number and it was correct. Again no missed call. So my wild man and I did a little hand spreading. Better than it being in a bag I guess. He’s such good help!
a092871620941070f91ec9fb2ea633ac.jpg

If you drag a harrow over that you will be fine.I threw about 5 acres up in the air one day the wind was blowing 40 MPH and it looks the same as what was drilled.I drilled some switch the other day so hopefully it comes up.My alfalfa and clover sure aren't doing much

If you drag a harrow over that you will be fine.I threw about 5 acres up in the air one day the wind was blowing 40 MPH and it looks the same as what was drilled.I drilled some switch the other day so hopefully it comes up.My alfalfa and clover sure aren't doing much

There is a chance of rain tonight. The chance is getting smaller by the second it seems, but I was hoping a little rain would knock it down to dirt. Most of that brome is dead dead from last fall and there is a quite a bit of bare dirt. We’ll see what happens.