The Agony of Defeat!.....Maybe!

Best of luck MO.

Good luck finding him. Do you have any bloodglow. This stuff works great.

http://www.bloodglow.com/

I don't see blood very well as it is. I may go grab another guy in the morning with his beagle...legal or not.

I don't see blood very well as it is. I may go grab another guy in the morning with his beagle...legal or not.
I'm in the same boat, color blind to an extent. The blood glow lites it up really good.

Hope you get him mo.

Were you in a ground blind?

Good luck ... an overnight wait and rain sucks ...

I may go grab another guy in the morning with his beagle...legal or not.

Just take the dog for a walk ;), but in all seriousness hope you find that buck. Sometimes those Rage's can make up for a mistake.

Where did the shot hit as far as left to right? With the clues of little blood, brown hair and greased shaft, sounds like it could have been above the spine. Good luck with the search.

Where did the shot hit as far as left to right? With the clues of little blood, brown hair and greased shaft, sounds like it could have been above the spine. Good luck with the search.

You may be right.

It was perfect behind the right shoulder. Going toward the inside of the left shoulder. But went high with what looked like a deflection of some sort. He was in a bean field with a few large weeds in between. I will go out in a 1/2 hour to try and see what may have happened from the stand and start to look.

Maybe this deer is so fat it and the fact he was hit a little high, he won't bleed much externally?

high hits you often don't get much blood, even if you clipped the top of the lungs. I've also center punched both lungs on deer before and had it look like a muscle hit...Only a couple times, but you never know.

If you can't follow the blood trail, really stop and ask yourself where you think he was headed after the shot (based on both direction and knowledge of the land)? Try a couple probes in that direction, following trails. If you don't get lucky (when I can't find blood, I always try the slightly educated probes first, hoping to speed up recovery and get lucky), grid search the area (concentric circles are fine, too). You need to make each pass so close that you think you're wasting time covering the ground twice. Make sure you check close under any brush pile, fallen tree and in every ditch.

Regardless of if you have a drop of blood or not, a grid will always turn him up, so long as he is dead, you are thorough with grid and you cover a big enough area.

Good Luck!

Grid is my plan if I don't find blood. The dam thing ran towards the raging river that my dry creek bed used to be. I still think it was a good enough hit. Time will tell! Thanks!

Take any dog with a nose and walk the downwind sides before you quit. Carry a shotgun and call it a grouse hunt if needed.

I found a deer so quickly this way it was unbelievable-about 30 years ago.

Take any dog with a nose and walk the downwind sides before you quit. Carry a shotgun and call it a grouse hunt if needed.

I found a deer so quickly this way it was unbelievable-about 30 years ago.

Not many grouse down here art.

Blue light by now. Wish I was in town I'd be headed over.

Good luck.

Then hunt doves with a dog.

I was referring to a deer in the north country-north of Talmoon which I have heard you mention.