Selsor 287 slice of heaven

For sure don't want either one. Must be too many guys hunting hogs in your area?
Never heard of anyone killing a hog in my area. My dad's neighbor claims he had a sow bear an 2 cubs playing on his round bails a couple yrs back. Another neighbor of his claims he got a trail cam pic of a nice big male black bear but thankfully no hogs. Lots of guys running cams to an never any pics

Speaking of this, went to the farm yesterday to plant and one of my plots was rooted up pretty good. First hog sign we've ever found. Time to go to war!

OL Blue is getting loaded down for a late night tree watering run. I have been so busy between work and mr mom duty I havnt been able to water trees and I know they need it! Hate to disturb things during bow season but Im not gonna lose any of my precious trees! Blue aint gonna like this load but Im sure she will handle it just fine haha.
image1.JPG

index.php

Been awhile since I posted any progress reports on my place. Season is over for me beings that I work the next 2 days. I did not get to hunt as much as I would have liked this year do to having a third child. Wouldn't have it any other way though! I did not see near as much deer as I thought I would this year but I think I am mostly to blame. See if I did get a chance to hunt I wanted to hunt the food plots I worked so hard to put in. Most my big bucks are to smart to show up on these food sources during daylight. And they had PLENTY of acorns this year to keep them content in the timber. Next year I am gonna really focus on hunting the timber!
I struck a deal with a logger who was doing some work on the neighboring ground to log approx 10-12 acres of my ground. He has great access to this timber on the back side. He has a big dozer so we are gonna exchange dozer time instead of $$$$ for the timber. So my next habitat adventure is turning the small watering hole above into a nice pond! Something for the kiddos to fish in and water source for tree planting. Im also gonna have him expand the above field on the uphill side a good ways. Plan to plant a row of various pear trees behind the row of chestnuts and sawtooths! He is also going to expand another area that will be designated for an apple orchard (already a few trees there now). I will post udate pics as I can!

Have you been in touch with your local soil and water office on your plans for a pond expansion?

Spring is here! Time to start some projects! First on the list is the pond. I did some trading with a local logger an had 12 or so acres logged in exchange for some dozer time. He got everything cleared this week and plans to start pushing dirt first part of the week! Had him clear around the old farm house as well. My wife wont stay in the old house! Cant figure out why!!?? HAHA Im still debating whether or not to have him doze the old place down. I would like to salvage some of the old tin for tower stands and maybe some of the barn wood for projects. I have plans for an orchard in the area cleared around the old house which is about 40 yards from where the pond will be. It sets on a bench above my biggest food plot (about 2 acres). Their is a row of chestnuts and sawtooths just below this bench in the field
image1 (30).JPG
image2 (2).JPG
image3.JPG

Looking good Jordan. Nothing like giving a bunch of kids some fresh dirt to play in.

It would be hard for me to tear that old house down. Looks like the perfect spring turkey blind!

This pic is before any clearing took place. The pond will be in the left corner in the draw. The old farm house is dead center on the far side of the field tucked in the overgrown cedars and thorn trees
image1 (31).JPG

Looking good Jordan. Nothing like giving a bunch of kids some fresh dirt to play in.

It would be hard for me to tear that old house down. Looks like the perfect spring turkey blind!

I know Steve! Their is actually 2 other small buildings that are in great shape that I hope to use for just that!

Looking good jordan!

If that guy left that crawler at my place over the weekend, I would unplug the hour meter and have lots of trails through the woods by monday morning.......just saying!;)

hahaha boy it is tough to know their is a bad ass machine just sitting there doing nothing!!!!

HAHA Im still debating whether or not to have him doze the old place down. I would like to salvage some of the old tin for tower stands and maybe some of the barn wood for projects. I have plans for an orchard in the area cleared around the old house which is about 40 yards from where the pond will be. It sets on a bench above my biggest food plot (about 2 acres).

KEEP IT!
It adds some storage, and character! Also, those big structures can be pretty nice as blinds if you have an access! Lots of people would swear by a nice barn loft for rifle season! If any of the structure is salvageable, keep it!

Looking Good! Always great to get your projects started.

First Long Beard Killed off Chestnut Valley Farms! Im stuck at work for a 48hr shift and little brother slipped out this morning and got it done! 19lbs, 9" beard and 1" spurs. Couldn't be happier for him:)
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1178.JPG

Pretty cool Jordan!

Congrats!

Place is looking great.

Your place is looking good. How big & deep to you plan to go for the pond?

Your place is looking good. How big & deep to you plan to go for the pond?
Pond should be about a quarter acre + and 12ft deep I hope. Project has been on hold but will start back up Monday morning!

KEEP IT!
It adds some storage, and character! Also, those big structures can be pretty nice as blinds if you have an access! Lots of people would swear by a nice barn loft for rifle season! If any of the structure is salvageable, keep it!

Just catching up on this thread.

I agree keep it if access to it is good. One of my best zero contact, zero disturbance rifle stands is in an old hay loft. Until this year it's where my best buck came from.