Selsor 287 slice of heaven

I have to thank whoever started the waterhole craze. It's been awesome this year for pics on my place and a little trick I did was add a 50 lb salt block in it which keeps deer there all throughout the day. Nice looking place you got there Jordan!

Looks like you got it all going your way Jordan with both family and playground. I am on my second go around.(grand kids) Lots of things being done with emphasis towards the grand kids.

Looks like you got it all going your way Jordan with both family and playground. I am on my second go around.(grand kids) Lots of things being done with emphasis towards the grand kids.
I'm blessed to say the least. I do my best not to take it for granted! You get those grand kids a deer yet?

They are not old enough yet to hunt. Taking part in all kinds of activities from food plots, rock picking, checking trail cameras, building their future deer blinds and helping to retrieve their dad's deer. I to am very blessed. My lovely bride of 35 yrs. puts up with all of my hunting and fishing shennanigans,and always with a smile and a kiss for luck.

image (19).jpeg
image (20).jpeg

First Chestnuts came sooner than I expected!!!! This is 1 of 6 3gal dunstan's from wal mart that I planted last fall. It stands about 6.5ft an has 5 burs on it. Hopefully it will at least give me a hand full of seeds to grow this winter. That is a milo patch behind it that I plan to tuck a ground blind into

Pretty cool getting some chestnuts a year or 2 early!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a chinese chestnut from native nurserys planted last Nov. Seedlings came about 2ft tall several are out of the tubes an really growing good.
image (21).jpeg

Hope this nice 3 yr old makes it through the season! Would love to see what he blossoms into!!!
brows.jpg

Got any sawtooth pictures?

I did not take any today Tommy. I will snap some next time Im out there. They are growing great though! My wife was really surprised at what the seedlings have done! I cleaned an old woodland field up about a month ago. I plan to plant 4 of your sawtooths in it for an early season ambush spot:) I have several of your sawtooth's here at the hse that I have been babying all summer that are really looking good!

Beautiful place Jordan, thanks for posting. Looks like you've got yourself a lot of habitat help in the future with the kiddos! Keep posting, fun to see progress from others

image (23).jpeg Put in 2 fall plots today that consisted of oats, ww, red clover an some light peas. This one is tucked back behind my beans. It kind of steps down sitting lower. Got so busy I forgot to take a pic of the 2nd one.

Last edited:
Found where the big 10 is crossing the creek. I had several morning an ev pics but they were blury. Cheapo stealth cam
monster 10.jpg

Here is the big 10's mini me. Thought they were the same deer till i got them both in the same frame. Both dandies... This covert cam is new. Its ok but a pain in the rear to set up!
small 10 new.jpg

Here is my little helper in his new "workn boots" :) He loves his new boots so much he puts them by his bed at night haha. He sure has taken to the outdoors thus far. Love the lil rascal
farmer kellen.jpg

WOW. Dandy bucks Jordan! What I would do to have those two hogs running around my property, man alive. HOw awesome that must be to have your buddy at your side 'helping' with the management chores. Can't wait until I have myself a couple extra helpers running around.

Couple of nice 3 yr olds
wacky rack.jpg

I let this buck walk last yr as a 3.5 yr old on opening day rifle. He didnt put on as much size as I would have thought but Im digging the split he developed on his rt G2!hollwood.jpg

Here he is from last yr as a 3.5. Notice the split in his Lt ear
hollywood 3.5.jpg

I just liked this pic. I saved it as future is bright:)
future herd.jpg