Selsor 287 slice of heaven

Great news and nice looking buck. Hope u get another crack at him.

Glad to hear he's still there, good luck with him!

That's great news.

Any evidence of the hit in your pictures?

Looks super skinny

Looks young for such a big rack! I hope the 2nd try is successful!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darn nice buck, second time is the charm.

Looks super skinny
Yep he does. He was a porker this summer. Hope my father, brother or I get a crack at him before harder winter weather kills him

That's great news.

Any evidence of the hit in your pictures?

Not that I can see Bill and this is the only pic I got. I hit him on his right side and no exit

Great to see he made it. Hope one of you get him.

First time doing controlled burn at the farm! Burned approx 50 acres! Went awesome! Plan to use this management tool every yr from here on out!

Mo Hardwood timber where the white oaks are plentiful! Can't wait to see the regen

Fire! Gotta love fire! Used to help with controlled burns all the time. Just make sure your burn plan is approved prior to lighting it up.

Cool stuff right there!

I like it, I just don't have the balls to do it!

Something tells me you have some buddies from the firehouse.

I like it, I just don't have the balls to do it!

Something tells me you have some buddies from the firehouse.

Yessir I was lucky to have had some good help on this one! Half the 12 guys there have extensive Fire experience. With that said I would make it a point to concur your fear! You won't regret it. Start small. I have been watching some of grant woods videos lately and he really sells the benefits of fire. Its an awesome management tool.

Its been the busiest year of my life with 3 kids, pregnant wife, building a house, 2 jobs and 20+ lawns to mow! I was not able to get out to the farm much this summer which was depressing. I was finally able to sneak out there to pull cam cards and do some habitat work. Couple pics I wanted to share that gave me confidence things were still progressing even with my absence:) Buck inventory is good this year with 5 bucks I believe to be 4.5 or older.

Not sure what made me smile more. The field filled with bucks or the chestnut trees exploding out of the tubes:)
bucks.jpg

card full of twin fawns munching in weedy clover plot daily
twins.jpg

If you have 5 bucks on your place over 4.5 YO, you are doing something right! Maybe not having time to go to the hunting land all summer has helped with that? No Pressure?

Congrats on all the deer!

If you have 5 bucks on your place over 4.5 YO, you are doing something right! Maybe not having time to go to the hunting land all summer has helped with that? No Pressure?

Congrats on all the deer!

I'm sure me not being there has helped some.
I have good bucks every summer but the acorns start falling they disperse. My farm is hard to hunt due to being so thick and a white oak every 10ft. Bucks are cagey. They won't take pressure. I think the trick is creatinh more woodland plots to get a crack at them during daylight hours. I have come to the conclusion hunting my bottom destination plot is best saved for prime rut and late season. We Will see

I'm sure me not being there has helped some.
I have good bucks every summer but the acorns start falling they disperse. My farm is hard to hunt due to being so thick and a white oak every 10ft. Bucks are cagey. They won't take pressure. I think the trick is creatinh more woodland plots to get a crack at them during daylight hours. I have come to the conclusion hunting my bottom destination plot is best saved for prime rut and late season. We Will see

If you ever get any free time in Feb, invite me down for a look. Lets get some doe bedding going in spots, may hold the bucks a little closer in the fall and during the rut, and that should make it easier to hunt!