Selsor 287 slice of heaven

Bean plot planted. Went with a mix of eagle an AG beans. Seemed to work well last yr. Also planted a half acre mix of sunflowers, beans, milo and somthing else.
My pond guy is MIA. To busy to make it back out. Sure would like to see that job wrapped up. Ready to rent a machine an do it myself

image.jpg
image.jpg

Gonna try somthing new this year I think. I plan to wait 2-3 weeks an get one good spray in on these RR beans then overseed with a clover mix. Thoughts?

Seeding clover right before the hot summer is usually not a good Idea. Better have taller beans for shade. Those tiny plants don't take extended periods of time with no rain very well.

If you get lucky with some timely rains you could have a killer plot. Did you row plant or broadcast? Here's an old pic if you haven't seen it.

Thanks for posting Riggs! I remembered somebody doing this but not who! Whats your routine and feedback with clover bean mix? The plot pictured above is about 2 acres that Im leaning towards maintaining as a destination clover plot from here on out with some annual stuff planted beside it. Beans are great but life's only getting busier with my growing family. Plus I want to tinker with some more woodland hunting plots;)

I sprayed and broadcast the ladino/chicory the same day. The reason I asked if you row planted is I think the rows allow the clover to grow better. Good mix of sun/shade. This plot was done 3 years ago I believe and it still is a decent clover plot. The clover filled in nicely the following year. Next year I will turn it over though. This year I used my drill to plant a mix of rr corn/soybean. I mixed one bag of soybeans to a half bag of corn and I'm liking the ratio I'm seeing coming up. I hear you on the time issue with family and that has driven me to try different things and do more one and done plots. I really like the pea, sorghum, soybean, sunflower plots I've been doing as there is no maintenance to them. Good luck!

Mn Yes.....Southern Missouri.........................EEK!:eek:

The good part is Med Red only costs $2 a pound. So you ain't out much if it don't work using that clover

Mn Yes.....Southern Missouri.........................EEK!:eek:

The good part is Med Red only costs $2 a pound. So you ain't out much if it don't work using that clover

You read my mind with the med red clover John. Then maybe hit it with some other clovers in sep

I sprayed and broadcast the ladino/chicory the same day. The reason I asked if you row planted is I think the rows allow the clover to grow better. Good mix of sun/shade. This plot was done 3 years ago I believe and it still is a decent clover plot. The clover filled in nicely the following year. Next year I will turn it over though. This year I used my drill to plant a mix of rr corn/soybean. I mixed one bag of soybeans to a half bag of corn and I'm liking the ratio I'm seeing coming up. I hear you on the time issue with family and that has driven me to try different things and do more one and done plots. I really like the pea, sorghum, soybean, sunflower plots I've been doing as there is no maintenance to them. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback. To answer your question I don't row plant just disk an drag. Last year I had allot of weeds take off in a hurry after planting but being this is the second year plot over seeded with rye an brassicas I'm hoping weeds aren't as bad. Still want to get one spray in before seeding some red clover

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
Made it out to the farm today to spread some fertilizer the old fashion way an boy is my shoulder sore! Clover plot is looking thick. Beans an corn are about 3-4" an coming in nice an thick. Last pic is my new corner tucked pear orchard with keifer, ms laneene, senator clark, moon glow an 1 barlett. Had a nice doe step out in the clover plot while fertilizing the beans. Was sure nice to get away for a few hrs

Looking good!

Looks good Jordan! Looks a little wet.

Looks great Jordan.

Hope this nice 3 yr old makes it through the season! Would love to see what he blossoms into!!!
View attachment 1663

Well beleive I put an arrow in this buck as 4 year old this ev. Gonna go look for him in a bit. Beleive he is hit hard. My arrow did not pass through but got good blood. Beleive it hit the offside shoulder. Cross your fingers boys

good luck recovering man! exciting, post them pics asap!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed. Good luck Jordan!!

Well beleive I put an arrow in this buck as 4 year old this ev. Gonna go look for him in a bit. Beleive he is hit hard. My arrow did not pass through but got good blood. Beleive it hit the offside shoulder. Cross your fingers boys

Can't wait man!

Anytime you can out fox a mature buck you is doing something right.

Last edited:
Good luck!

I love the suspense. Good luck Jordan!

Boom! Love it. Good luck on the trail. Pics, pics, pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk