Ruger Precision Rifle Test by NRA

To me.....that rifle shown is not designed for hunting. Not saying you cannot hunt with it.....but that was not the intended purpose of the designer. I can see that rifle used to shoot NRA matches or for many field target shooting situations. The interchangeable parts with the modern sporting rifle is one of the biggest achievements for this bolt gun I suppose. An ordinary person can add lots of accessories that have been designed for the AR.

Regarding Ruger and Precision: Not sure about trigger quality - which has been one of Rugers biggest hang-ups for accuracy in time gone by. Also, their investment cast receivers have not lived up to the highest standards for accuracy and some of their barrel tech has not proven to be of target quality in time gone by. Not saying they have not addressed these issues.....just saying. I do own a number of Rugers.....and don't want to put them down.....as I like the brand. But when it comes to precision.....they have not "lead" in that department in the past. They have been leaders in adapting to new tech to produce guns that are affordable and of good quality.

To me.....that rifle shown is not designed for hunting. Not saying you cannot hunt with it.....but that was not the intended purpose of the designer. I can see that rifle used to shoot NRA matches or for many field target shooting situations. The interchangeable parts with the modern sporting rifle is one of the biggest achievements for this bolt gun I suppose. An ordinary person can add lots of accessories that have been designed for the AR.

Regarding Ruger and Precision: Not sure about trigger quality - which has been one of Rugers biggest hang-ups for accuracy in time gone by. Also, their investment cast receivers have not lived up to the highest standards for accuracy and some of their barrel tech has not proven to be of target quality in time gone by. Not saying they have not addressed these issues.....just saying. I do own a number of Rugers.....and don't want to put them down.....as I like the brand. But when it comes to precision.....they have not "lead" in that department in the past. They have been leaders in adapting to new tech to produce guns that are affordable and of good quality.

Agreed on Ruger. I only own one centerfire Ruger rifle - a 77 in 300 Win Mag. The throat is too long for my taste (too much freebore to the lands). It shoots acceptable but is nothing to brag about.

Their 22 target pistols can be pretty accurate.