MOA Challenge

My membership to the gun club a few miles from home expired so I haven’t shot in a few months. Got re-upped today so get to finally shoot a new rifle. I had a 18” 6mm creedmoor barrel spun up for a tikka action this spring for suppressed whitetail hunting. Most of my other rifles are magnums more tailored to longer range western hunts and are way overkill for Mn whitetails.

Looked at the chamber and bore with a bore scope but didn’t even put a patch down the bore. The 100-200 yd range is closed for a private training class today so I’m stuck @ the 50 yd range..

Looked through the bore to bore sight, took 2 shots that landed a little low of POA. Measured offset with reticle and adjusted scope. Next 8 shots went into a bughole near POA. This is with cheap factory ammo that was around $1.20 per round. This is the first 10 rounds down the bore. Im happy with the new barrel!

9696021B-9490-424C-A344-B15961E5A02E.jpeg

Shot one group with Berger factory ammo which IMO is about as high quality as factory ammo gets but I bought 6 boxes of the 95 gr classic hunter stuff that was on sale for $30/20 from scheels. Turns out my gunsmith used a reamer with shorter freebore than SAAMI spec and I could feel the bullets jamming in the the lands when closing the bolt on this stuff. I’ll have to seat the bullets deeper and see how it does.

Anyways, 10 rounds went into about a 1 MOA group. That’s enough for today, will hit the 100 yd range soon I hope.

A1F7D955-C127-45B2-8466-E03D38F3A2B7.jpeg