Planting times for crabapples

Gross144

A good 3 year old buck
I have ordered a few crab apples from Northern Whitetail Crabs and was expecting them to arrive in April. Being extremely bored with the quarantine in New York was wondering and had a question about timing. If their delivery gets pushed back into May or later, possibly as I don't think the rest of the world thinks crabapples are as "essential" as those of us on here, how would that affect or would it affect my planting of the trees.

New to this but thought that they were shipped when they were, and bareroot, as they were still dormant from the winter. A later planting date if they break dormancy would any additional steps be needed??? I have no problem with getting them in the ground within days of receiving them as they are going on my property upstate New York as I live on Long Island.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't think they would ship them if leafed out, the chance of root shock would be bad. Many nurseries keep bare root trees damp and in cold storage so it shouldn't be an issue.
NWC is pretty good about getting their trees sent out...and they are great at sending good quality trees.

The nurseries I've seen on here and been in contact with have been right on time with shipments. But that's what I've seen thus far.

Thanks Savage110

I got 2 crossbow and 2 wickson. Trying for a fall drop. Think thats what they advertised.