All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures from the stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

chummer

5 year old buck +
I have started a thread for everyone to post their pictures from the stand. I don't have a deer pic, but this picture is why I love plotting. This is a smal 15x20yard plot about a 3/4 of a mile back in the woods. It is clover over seeded with WR. Not much usage yet but we just had our first frost so they will start eating the WR soon. This plot looks better than my manicured lawn at home!
image.jpg

I like it. Now I just need to get into a stand.

Great idea for the thread Chummer !! Nice looking " hidey-spot plot ". Do you have your yardages laid out ???

Great idea for the thread Chummer !! Nice looking " hidey-spot plot ". Do you have your yardages laid out ???
No I am a one pin 25 yard and in guy. The back edge of that plot is probably 35 yards.

I had to go out and get a current picture. This box stand is all of 30 yards from my lawn.

Front view.
IMG_8306.JPG

Front left view.
IMG_8307.JPG

View from the side window.
IMG_8308.JPG

I hope the rows of beans that are in the corn will provide shooting lanes/travel lanes. Last year there was a flooded out opening in front of the stand.

That is a nice stand site. Will you harvest the corn or leave it standing.

It will stand for one and probably part of it for the second winter.

I usually do not have enough deer to clean it up in one year.
I have another 1.5 acres of corn/beans in the back foodplot.

They must love that.

There is a haralson in the circled location that is hanging with apples. Some other trees are behind it.IMG_8307 2.jpg

^ Too bad you can't shoot that far Art. Grin

^ Too bad you can't shoot that far Art. Grin
That's why my wife uses that stand most of the time.

Here is an old picture that I have posted before.IMG_7570 2.jpgIMG_7571 2.jpg And a waterhole to the south.

Another picture from a few years ago. This field is currently in the bean/corn mixture.

IMG_7576.JPG

Another woods stand where there are rows of spruce on each side of this small patch of popples. I have hinged these popples since the picture was taken.
IMG_7562.JPG

First sit of this year tonight, 20' ladder stand overlooking switch field, food plots are off to the right.

First sit of this year tonight, 20' ladder stand overlooking switch field, food plots are off to the right.

Do you see many deer pop up out of the switch grass?

Do you see many deer pop up out of the switch grass?
No not pop up as they were bedding there but they move through there to the plots. If you look in the back of this pick I hinged some trees right on the edge and they will bed there.

No picture for me until tuesday. I just spent the last 8 days staring at beans going in the combine!:eek:

Man am I glad that is done! Now on to hunting!

Good yield on the beans MO? Kaching, Kaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.