Lesson Learned in small plot in the oaks

wisconsinteacher

5 year old buck +
Last year, I added a 1/4 acre plot on my oak ridge and it worked out well. A month ago, I went up and frost seeded some clover and put lime down because I thought I would have good ground contact. This weekend I went up and found out that there was a thicker layer of leaves on the plot than I noticed when I frost seeded. I decided to take a leaf blower and clean it off. I'm guessing most of the clover seed and some of the lime was lost because I didn't clean the plot first. I guess I learned my lesson, I need to take the leaf blower up and clean the plot as soon as the leaves fall in October.

Do most of you guys remove the leaves in the fall or wait until spring?

I only have 1 small plot that has an issue with leaves and I usually just lightly disk it to incorporate whatever is on top and I'm just hitting it enough to make some lines in the ground after the disk goes over it. After it rains it looks like I used a planter when things start growing.

I try to blow the majority of them off in the fall

Last year, I added a 1/4 acre plot on my oak ridge and it worked out well. A month ago, I went up and frost seeded some clover and put lime down because I thought I would have good ground contact. This weekend I went up and found out that there was a thicker layer of leaves on the plot than I noticed when I frost seeded. I decided to take a leaf blower and clean it off. I'm guessing most of the clover seed and some of the lime was lost because I didn't clean the plot first. I guess I learned my lesson, I need to take the leaf blower up and clean the plot as soon as the leaves fall in October.

Do most of you guys remove the leaves in the fall or wait until spring?
If you can get a mower there, just mow them up. I plant a lot of rye too. That seems to help keep the leaves off as they resume growing in the spring.