My little piece of dirt.....

Those are some great pictures, and you have those boys started off right. You have some fine helpers for your habitat work!
Thanks! I tell you what......it's a big help having some young energetic help! They can dig a hole and get a tree planted about as quick as I can set another pot where it needs to be planted.

Pears putting on good crop.

This is Dunstan chestnut

Good look at the Dunstan

Another dunstan.

I've got about 30-40 live oaks planted.
I planted these bare root.

Everything is looking good for the most part. I will get more pictures tommorrow.

Good looking trees!

This is some Transcendent Crab apple that I should have cleaned around last year.
Before pictures

Last edited:
Now a couple of after pictures of the crabapple row.

Another after.

Those crabapple trees was just some little whips when I planted them and didn't seem to grow much at all the first 2 years ,but they really made a jump this year. I almost just gave up on them, but I'm glad I checked them this morning!

I'm excited about this pear tree! This pear looked so bad last year with pale yellow looking leaves. I poked 3 holes in the ground with my Dibble tool and put triple 13 in each hole. I said to myself that I was gonna make it die or grow like hell! Now this year it looks great. Dark green leaves and has pears for the first time this year. It's called a sugar pear, and supposed to be the best tasting pear. I have never seen a sugar pear before this one.

Nice work! I've never had any luck applying by hand like that. I always end up burning stuff.

Nice work! I've never had any luck applying by hand like that. I always end up burning stuff.
I know....kinda hate to experiment on a tree unless you are about ready to give up on it! LOL

I'm thinking about going back and clearing up more rows of sawtooth this weekend. Only thing is I feel it the next day more than i used to after big weekend on the place. Now days I do as much as possible with the tractor. Think smarter....not harder!

After checking a couple mineral licks and refreshing them again I decided to put a camera on one of them. The deer are hitting the mineral licks hard right now.
This is a picture of it before we added anymore to it. This makes a great place to get pictures.
. .

Last edited:

. [/QUOTE]
.new after pictures
These are sawtooth behind the first row of crabapple.
6 rows 25x30 spacing. Young trees and will start fertilizing next year. You can easily see unfertlized vs fertilized with pale green vs dark green.

Another picture of the young orchard style sawtooth. 60 sawtooth in this orchard.

This is a picture of a sawtooth from my older orchard. This tree was planted in late January 2011. This one is a little above average of that orchard. It has 30 sawtooth in it that range from 3 to 4 yrs old.
Look how the fertilizer has it so green.