My little piece of dirt.....

When can you expect those to start producing? Or are they already?

The way they are growing, I expect acorns real soon! I can't believe they are growing this fast, but I have been fertilizing these trees real good.
Next year when I fertilize the younger sawtooth then they will start really putting on the growth. Expecially after getting rid of all the competing growth.

Good looking Sawtooth for only 4.

Not all was work yesterday. Kids fished late yesterday evening.

Another picture next to side by side for reference

This is a mahaw tree that I got planted behind the old homeplace. (Our weekend home). I got a few trees planted out near the pond.
A young keiffer pear in the background.

Last edited:
I refreshed mineral licks and put cam on it.
Had 630 pic in 6 days.
This deer is back. I know it's bad quality pic but you can tell good enough.

Early last summer before he was done growing.

This is him after he was finished growing last yr.

Back again this week. Three years and only 5 or 6 daytime pictures .
He was a 9 last yr.

Last edited:
IT feels great getting those last couple weekends of work done. My place is pretty much laid by for another year as far as tree upkeep goes.
I just hope for timely rains during the upcoming hot summer time ahead.
Foodplot is still a long was off. I will probably plant fall plots the last of September or first of October.

Now the trail cam fun begins!

Well I came across a couple trees marked down really cheap so i bought them.
First one is a quince . It's not too big, but looks good.

I am real proud I they had this 7 gal live oak. These are some nice trees that usually grow to have a lot of character.
It's neat to think that this tree could live to be 300 plus years old.

I have been getting some nice rain showers at my place. It was starting to get really dry. I'm looking forward to see how the trees have fared so far this summer.

I'm also ready to get more serious about the trail cams. Love seeing them week by week growth on the bucks

So far so good! Still getting rain about every other day. This will really help the trees.

I ended up with 19 DCO seedlings out of the acorns Scott44 sent me. Thanks again scott.
Took a while for them to sprout, but I'm pleased with them. They are small since they are late spouting. I have a few already growing at my place that are I think 3 yrs old, but wanted some more of them.
I'm ready for them to get some size so I can plant them out at my place.

Here's a picture of a few of them.
. .

This is sawtooth I'm growing from seed. They will be planted out this fall.

More sawtooth

Last edited:
Are your 3 year old DCO's producing yet? Any pics of those?

Those DCO's must like Mississippi better than MI, mine didn't turn out so well, good to see yours did ok.

Are your 3 year old DCO's producing yet? Any pics of those?
I had 3 acorns on one last summer. I do not have a picture of one from this yr. I have not been to my place in a month. I will take a couple pictures to see how they are coming along. I think this fall will actually be 4 yrs old. I would have to look back when I planted them. It's hard to remember exactly when planted when it has been spaced over several years span.

Also the only tree I can remember over fertilizing and killing one of my trees was this yr on one of the DCO. I was not happy when I saw that.

Those DCO's must like Mississippi better than MI, mine didn't turn out so well, good to see yours did ok.
I hate yours didn't do to well. Mine was slow about coming around, but
I think they are good to go now.