MN zone designations (SE = not good)

SD51555

5 year old buck +
DNR just pushed out the map tool to see zone regs. Southeast MN is getting unlimited tags dropped from cargo planes. It says 2018, but that is an error. The rest of the info is new. Brainerd area also going unlimited antlerless.

Hats off to all those in the deer hunter organizations that crafted this plan with the DNR.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/deer/map.html

The question now is, If your zone is now no-limit, do you still pass deer and let them grow, or whack them before the neighbor gets them?

I guess it finally hit my area. I better get my kids out hunting more so they can tell their grand kids what it was like to go deer hunting.

Are you sure this is 2019 info? The web site still says
2019 deer season information
Deer hunting season is just on the other side of summer and we’re in the midst of updating our regulations for the 2019 season. Complete regulations are expected to be posted online and available at license agents at the beginning of August.

You are correct though, the info in the zone map is different info including the metro are is now zone 701.

I'm still going to pass and let them grow.

i've said it before, We need to band together and quit hunting (in Minnesota) for 3-4 years. However I'd bet there wouldn't be a DNR by the end of the second year without deer hunting license sales.

I fall into the new 645. I wonder what their harvest goals are?

I fall into the new 645. I wonder what their harvest goals are?
With unlimited antlerless harvest and a 3 buck per hunter rule, it seems clear what their harvest goals are?

With unlimited antlerless harvest and a 3 buck per hunter rule, it seems clear what their harvest goals are?

3 buck per hunter???? Pretty sure it's 1 buck per hunter per season.

3 buck per hunter???? Pretty sure it's 1 buck per hunter per season.
3 bucks per hunter, 1 per each weapon season in the CWD zones in SE MN

Holy cow. I thought MO was crazy with 2 buck limits (1 gun, and 1 bow or both with a bow). I wish we would go to a 1 buck limit as well...and don’t get me started on the timing of rifle season on Missouri. It wasn’t long ago (3 years I think) that you could kill 3 bucks here, but only 1 with any type of firearm. I’m glad frustrations with deer management policies of the state are not unique to Missouri.

really? I guess that is not the way I interpreted that, but you may be right. That is aggressive.

This is exactly the way i read it as well.

Click on any of the 600 units in SE MN and the designation says-
Designation: Unlimited Antlerless, 1 Legal Buck per Season (Archery, Firearm, Muzzleloader)

That's all I know

This state is such a joke for deer hunting. Minnesota could be the bomb, but the DNR is clueless, literally incompetent.

Sick of it

If I was Lou I'd be investing in a flak jacket.

This state is such a joke for deer hunting. Minnesota could be the bomb, but the DNR is clueless, literally incompetent.

Sick of it
we could easily have the best hunting in the country with a few minor adjustments.

The amount of wooded cover in some areas and the mix of crop, woods, CRP and sloughs in others is as good as it gets. It is just so frustrating that our state (DNR and other organizations) cannot figure it out. I hunt in Iowa, and they have 1/10 the cover overall but the hunting is 10x better. I see more big bucks in Iowa in one week of hunting than 10 years worth in Minnesota.

Help me understand. Is the logic to kill as many deer as possible to avoid the chance that they might get CWD and might die? Confusing

Passing deer won't save them, at least in northern MN. The state is getting rid of deer by getting rid of habitat in the north woods. A bullet need not be fired to exterminate the herd on government lands.