Call to action for Concerned MN deer hunters

It's so much better with pictures and video. All in good fun of course.

Mr. Johnson,
Thank you for your email. I support a DNR deer audit also.
If you are a constituent, please continue to share your concerns.

Jon Koznick
State Representative Lakeville (58A)
Rep.Jon.Koznick@house.mn

these have been coming in about 1 every other day-

rep.dean.urdahl@house.mn> wrote:
I support the audit.

Dean Urdahl
State Representative, District 18A
253 State Office Bldg
100 The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155
Phone: 651.296.4344

Tree Hugger:!
Lee . . .
Thanks for writing; I live in the Chippewa in Balsam Township. you may be correct that the DNR has it wrong but I challenge the assumption that they purposefully screwed up!
Rep. Anzelc
Representative Tom Anzelc
317 State Office Building
St. Paul, MN 55155

Give Tom a little breathing room. He's gonna take some barbs from his side if he supports the audit. I got this from him yesterday:

Chris . . .

Agreed! Over harvest of does, 2 devastating winters and wolves!

Rep. Anzelc

Representative Tom Anzelc
317 State Office Building
St. Paul, MN 55155

Office: 651-296-4936
rep.tom.anzelc@house.mn

I guess I will include in my email when I send it, that Gino Deangelp stated that wolves and winterkill are nominal in PA240.

That leaves one reason why our harvests have plummeted.... excessive bullets.

Give Tom a little breathing room. He's gonna take some barbs from his side if he supports the audit. I got this from him yesterday:

Chris . . .

Agreed! Over harvest of does, 2 devastating winters and wolves!

Rep. Anzelc

And a model that does not suggest those factors lowered the herd.

I sent a personal e-mail to everyone on the list. I did receive a reply back from Rep. Glenn Gruenhagen saying " I agree and will suport"

Is there a list somewhere or that could be started listing all of the Rep. in support of an audit?

I know nothing of Tom Anzelc but he seems like a decent guy from the responses you have posted. My of my reply e-mails were 'canned' but I got 4 or 5 that were personal. No one has objected to the idea. I also doubt he will take much heat from the DFL for supporting an audit if it is supported by the public.

Is there a list somewhere or that could be started listing all of the Rep. in support of an audit?

If its green they are in. But many just started getting emails when the bulk list was compiled. The are becoming very aware and many are following the topic.

http://mnbowhunters.org/2014/08/14/is-your-elected-going-to-bat-for-the-states-deer-hunters/

I received this response. I hadn't seen Peggy Bennet's name mentioned.

Thank you for your email, Jason. The drastic decrease in deer population you have noted is concerning. An audit of the DNR deer model sounds very appropriate.
Thank you, again, for contacting me.
Sincerely,
Peggy
Rep. Peggy Bennett
House District 27A

507 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
651-296-8216
Legislative Assistant: Nick Lunneborg 651-296-5998

I received this response. I hadn't seen Peggy Bennet's name mentioned.

Thank you for your email, Jason. The drastic decrease in deer population you have noted is concerning. An audit of the DNR deer model sounds very appropriate.
Thank you, again, for contacting me.
Sincerely,
Peggy
Rep. Peggy Bennett
House District 27A

507 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
651-296-8216
Legislative Assistant: Nick Lunneborg 651-296-5998

peggy now added

Has anyone heard how the listening session went up in Park Rapids last evening?

1. One of the stakeholders spoke on how many of the zones are currently at or above goal since the DNR decided to change a bunch of the numbers from last years listening session. The stakeholder is well versed and the numbers are all over the board and constantly changing. He really struck a chord with some in attendance. Kudos to him.
Most of the stakeholder team mates had no clue how low the hunter satisfaction surveys came in. Did not know they existed. Folks from urbanized areas thought deer numbers were high as no wolves in town, deer are fed, so winter kill low, and ltd hunting. Public land guys said there are no deer left.

Do you know if they tape them? How can a person obtain a copy of the content or comments from the public?

Do you know if they tape them? How can a person obtain a copy of the content or comments from the public?

The DNR have a notetaker summarizing the 2 minute speeches. You can request points written verbatim. I don't know if they are recorded on audio.

Dear Lee,
Thank you for contacting me about the proposed audit of the Minnesota DNR’s deer model. Many legislators, including myself, share your concern about maintaining a healthy deer population.
In response to last year’s harsh winter and high deer harvest limits in some parts of the state, the DNR reduced harvest limits in many zones in order to allow the population to recover to a desired level. We will be closely monitoring the DNR’s actions to see how quickly the deer population
rebounds to acceptable levels.
On February 11, the House Mining & Outdoor Recreation Policy Committee will hold an informational hearing on the deer population at 2:45 pm in Room 10 of the State Office Building. You are welcome to attend the hearing to hear more about the DNR’s plans.
Best Regards,
Rep Jerry Hertaus

Best Regards,
Rep Jerry Hertaus

Lee - Jerry sits on the Mining Outdoor Recreation Committee. Try and get him up to speed. He does not like to answer emails unless they are from his constituents.

Dear Lee,
Thank you for contacting me about the proposed audit of the Minnesota DNR’s deer model. Many legislators, including myself, share your concern about maintaining a healthy deer population.
In response to last year’s harsh winter and high deer harvest limits in some parts of the state, the DNR reduced harvest limits in many zones in order to allow the population to recover to a desired level. We will be closely monitoring the DNR’s actions to see how quickly the deer population
rebounds to acceptable levels.
On February 11, the House Mining & Outdoor Recreation Policy Committee will hold an informational hearing on the deer population at 2:45 pm in Room 10 of the State Office Building. You are welcome to attend the hearing to hear more about the DNR’s plans.
Best Regards,
Rep Jerry Hertaus
This is a canned response I have gotten from 4 or 5 reps. My guess is they probably have their interns fiellying most emails.