Call to action for Concerned MN deer hunters

I agree.

I'm sure the MN DNR could come up with some way to dispute their own numbers, magic eraser or some other mystical reason?

Skip ahead to about the 2:50 mark. Lou Cornicelli says half a billion in 2012.

The 725,000,000.000 million dollars amount is in my packet that the block 2 committie members received from the MN DNR. I am using the rock solid numbers that they gave me. It has to be wright it is in writing!

The 725,000,000.000 million dollars amount is in my packet that the block 2 committie members received from the MN DNR. I am using the rock solid numbers that they gave me. It has to be wright it is in writing!

Yup, same thing in the Block 4 packet. Directly from what the DNR is providing to advisory team members:

Deer are important to the economy of Minnesota, particularly in rural regions where hunters
typically travel to hunt deer during the firearms deer season. Based on the 2011 National
Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation, the total annual economic
impact of hunting in Minnesota exceeded $725 million and more than 85% of hunters in
Minnesota hunt deer.

It is based on all hunting, 85% would still be 600+ million. 600m is 1,200 per hunter. When I add up licenses, food, property taxes, trees planted, gas, and other random things I have a few more $$ than that into it every year. I go 5+ years without a new gun or bow as well and I want my clothes to last as long as possible as well.

I like it. 750 million it is if the DNR says so!!!!

I like that number better than the 500 million dollar impact that I found on several websites. :)

I like it. 750 million it is if the DNR says so!!!!

I like that number better than the 500 million dollar impact that I found on several websites. :)

Has Brooks forwarded you a copy of the packets they sent by email? If not I can, I think I have your email.

Is the "Hunting Works For MN" effort still alive and well? Not much heard from this effort in some time. It seemed to be a good idea that has run outta gas?

Good list of hunting supporters on the site. No recent news reports or efforts by this organization.

I emailed them last night Foggy.....

It must be active... Look who the co-chairs are... The new Ex Director of MDHA is on it...

upload_2015-2-9_10-19-14.png

I think MDDI should be a member. Cost's nothing and we get a web link. ;)

MBI and Brooks Johnson for a Chairperson Seat as well. Didn't he make a few bucks "working" in the hunting industry in MN anyway?;)