2018 Hoosier state rules are out

If all hunters were like us, monitoring a deer hunting/habitat website in the summer, rather than the guy that buys his license and a box of shells and all the permits he can the Friday before gun comes in, you would be right. Many hunters I've spoken with say, if we didn't have the deer the DNR wouldn't allow all the permits. Plenty of people kill deer they don't need. I have a guy that hunts on a neighbor that kills 6-8 a year, and gives most away. Says he just likes killing them...

I am glad that they left my county an 8. I appreciate the ability to manage the deer population on my ground as I see fit. Last year I harvested zero, but in a couple years I may need to shoot a bunch. Property to my north (600 acres) is hunted by one guy and he doesn't shoot anterless. That means on my 180 acres I need to harvest enough doe to make up for his zero every year.

Throughout the past couple years I have noticed one thing about most Indiana deer hunters. They complain for 11 months out of the year about how no one should shoot any doe, how the state is out to kill every deer, if you kill more than one deer you are just wasteful, insurance companies, farmers kill all the deer with dep tags, etc. Then during gun season they go out and shoot multiple antlerless deer. Then they will talk about how they didn't see any deer this year and the dnr needs to do something about it.
Sounds much like PA

Weed Wacker ^^^^ - We still have some in my camp just like that - sadly. They are mostly a couple younger guys who still like to BRAG about how many they killed. A few years ago, one of them brought his freezer-burned venison back to camp and dumped it in the woods. What a jack-ass. If killing lots of deer " makes you a man & a big, tough hunter" - that person must really have LOW self-esteem. If you need to pile up carcasses to feel good about yourself & brag - then waste the meat - you already told others all they need to know about you.

Yep - Pa. has lots of 11 month whiners / doe tag hoarders. "Hey ……… if they're selling tags - I'm shooting !! " B R A V O.