Frustration grows in the Hoosier state

I am being told the structure of the team that is pushing for some changes is wanting to set up "representatives" similar to the way Wisconsin does. I am not familiar with this process and I am curious to hear you guys opinion as far as how that process works for the deer hunters there.

It sounds like I am going to get talked to and see how I will be able to participate within this structure. I may help represent my county, my area (8 or 9 counties) or some sort of other committee.

I'm very interested in part of the process and hopefully we can affect positive change. The goal is to push for an actual plan, with data and the whole deal. Sounds like many of the guys involved are jaded from QDMA as well - so there seems to be a reoccurring theme here.

I am cautiously excited.

Last edited:
I look at it like this. Generally speaking, we as deer hunters wanting better need the DNR because they have the influence in the amount of tags issued. And if there are tags available they will be filled or attempted to be filled by somebody. Look at those guys taking their limit of 25 panfish day after day during the ice season from the same water. If the law allowed 50 that's what they would do. Same goes if the law only allowed 5. The majority of deer hunters are no different. Only difference is most that would love to take 5 deer a year either don't have means or the skills to do so.

One thing that is automatic, sex sells!
Then maybe the hunters of MN should do some fundraising and pool their money to hire Tiffypop to come in and do a public service announcement about killing less does and allowing the herd to grow in a hot pink camo bikini and pay to have it air on all the outdoor networks. Many of the Fudd's don't care to do anything about real deer hunting issues, but they all watch the he!! out of those outdoors shows and especially Tiffy's show. Maybe that would be the venue and method that would get the point across. She might want to do multiple takes wearing all the different camo manufacturers products, we don't want the Realtree guys PO'd that she is in a Mossy Oak bikini and vice versa, we want everyone on board!