Live from the stand thread

Time to regroup. Took a shot at a small 8 but a unseen branch saved his life. Ten minutes later a beauty walks past a cam strapped to the base of a different stand. Need to redeem myself now.

Sitting in the grapevine thicket again this morning and have just seen something that I never seen in my 45 seasons of hunting in NW Pa. While watching some turkeys, I turned my head a there stands a spotted fawn. Looks to be 2-3 months old. It just bedded about 50 yds from me so I'm hoping to get a picture of video of it.
We've got spotted fawn at our place in Central Ohio. Really small. Mama must have come into estrous in February or March.

Had her feeding under me for 20 minutes as I thought, how can it be Nov 11th and there isn't a buck on her tail. Six pointer came out right before closing and my buck tag is filled.

....slow service, cell pics not loading

Last edited:
4 bucks, the biggest being an 8 and 8 does. Had the 8 at 44 yards but that's outside my comfort zone of 30 to 35. Thought one of the hot does would lead him past me but just my luck she went directly down wind and stopped dead. Never spooked 100% but definitely winded me.
Try again tomorrow.
He would have been by far my biggest with a bow. 😥

I feel pretty ill so I skipped the morning hunt. I was getting dressed to go out for the pm hunt and could tell my wife was bored and pissy. I told her to get out of the house and do her thing today, I’ll watch the kids and skip the hunt. I have Tuesday off to hunt as well as Friday for our gun opener, and we have half the season to go, so it’ll be worth it to stack up some midseason credits. Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunting the backyard at home with a crossbow. No deer. A bobcat was 5 yards infront of my little trailer Im hiding in. The cat of the house has been weird about wanting to go out. He got his rear leg skinned open around june this year. Wonder if it was this trouble maker.

Only shoot predators if there's a problem with them. I don't shoot them on the farmland I hunt. Farmer wants the herd thinned out. They do their job just as much as I do.

No shooters for me the last couple days. Friday I saw 7 bucks, all little fellers except for a 125/130 three year old. Times were, he would be dead, but things change. Saturday morning I saw three bucks, two little ones and a maybe 120 three year old. He was moving right along and I think he got a whiff of me as the wind was changing. I got out at noon because of the wind and I had hunted three days straight. At that point I was tired. I ain’t quite as mad at ‘em as I used to be ! On the other hand, my Green Cover food plot looks great !IMG_2302.jpeg

Opening weekend was pretty slow here, one six chasing a doe around the orchard and another six cruised by sunday evening. No shots fired. Almost as slow as my cell service... 20231111_165559.jpg

I haven’t been out hunting since I shot my bow buck but I’ve been watching my cell cameras. My pics have gone down drastically this past week. I’d say we are in lockdown rt now based on my camera activity in western Wisconsin and NE Wisconsin. Heading back over Friday for the gun season opener on Saturday. I think there will be some rutting activity then as the bucks look for more does especially with the warm forecast this week.

By 7:00AM I had 2 coyotes dead. May be why deer sightings are light. I keep making to much noise 😂

But when I see a yote, I’m coyote hunting.

IMG_2781.jpeg

Last edited:
By 7:00AM I had 2 coyotes dead. May be why deer sightings are light. I keep making to much noise 😂

But when I see a yote, I’m coyote hunting.

Another reason suppressors are nice! Less racket when you have to put down a coyote.