Live from the stand thread

Lots of activity tonight. My target buck was out with 2 does at 4:30. Something blew them all off at 4:45. Eventually those 2 does came back out and were joined by 6 more does and a small buck, but my guy stayed hidden. Was a good drizzly evening.
e4fb31bcf64aef1d2ffb70e772b3e9d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got back out about 3. This morning reminded me 18 degrees when your not use to it is cold. I almost ordered one of them Milwaukee heated jackets when I was in stand this morning. But I didn’t. Anyone use them? How do they work?IMG_5793.jpeg

I almost ordered one of them Milwaukee heated jackets when I was in stand this morning. But I didn’t. Anyone use them? How do they work?
I have one. It works pretty well if you put a jacket over it. I use it as my middle layer. Wish it was a vest though.

Had a target buck working a scrape. Safety off. He decided he should finish with that and sprint past me to check out some does on the field. ☹️

This guys consoling me now.
IMG_2652.jpeg

I’m living vicariously through you guys. Our general season doesn’t start until next Saturday. We just got the cool temps from the North but supposed to be a South wind next Saturday and 70*. I should be used to it by now !

I had a small 6 pointer circle me, nose to the ground no interest with anything around him, and had a doe and 2 fawns frolicking, until the momma found me and took off.

My deer don’t compare to you guys deer, but a small six is safe around me.

Only a small 8 and a bunch is does tonight. Had to have my wife come down in her truck and blow the field so I could get out. My big guy didn’t show, but cell cams show he entered the field about 20 minutes after I left. Cat and mouse…
221f1ddf1ba6a6f7cc54c3f4ccd559ae.jpg

Well, there was a 30-degree swing here over the weekend. But I spent my time in a gym. I won't be hunting any Saturdays this year because my son won his starting line up wrestle off for college. The deer will be safe from me for a while.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I had a small 6 pointer circle me, nose to the ground no interest with anything around him, and had a doe and 2 fawns frolicking, until the momma found me and took off.

My deer don’t compare to you guys deer, but a small six is safe around me.
I hear you. The bucks being passed by many on here are once in a lifetime bucks where I hunt. A small six is often times the best buck I will see all throughout the bow and gun seasons.

My target deer to date is smaller than the ones you guys are passing up. I haven’t seen him yet in stand, but I get night pictures of him.
This is the biggest I have this year, but I have him on camera almost nightly for the last week and a half. IMG_5803.png

I've said it often. Geography is they only thing on the side of many of us.

And for me it is the life decisions by my father and grandfather. I am blessed to hunt family land that is situated in a great spot!