Live from the stand thread

My view from the afternoon, didn't have enough cell service to post from the stand. One basket rack and one doe was all that showed up.20231102_160828.jpg

Still blowing out of the south. I’m back in the same spot.
Around here ya sure need plenty of good South wind spots. I just checked the 15 day forecast and 9 of the days are some form of south and 6 have some form of north. Our farm only has west access and most of the better spots set up for north winds. Or east, haha (not good)

Around here ya sure need plenty of good South wind spots. I just checked the 15 day forecast and 9 of the days are some form of south and 6 have some form of north. Our farm only has west access and most of the better spots set up for north winds. Or east, haha (not good)
My farm is sooo hard to hunt on any north wind besides ne. South is great for me. My new farm will hunt a north wind perfectly which is such a relief. I would agonize over what to do with a n wind the last year and a half.

One 2.5 yr 8 cruising so far.

^^^^ what is it buck or doe??

Congratulations!
That is a nice picture.

Brute! Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s a deer I have history with. Passed him
3 times last year. Not the biggest deer on the farm but he’s definitely mature.

3 or 4?

3 or 4?

Heck of a buck regardless. We have a great crop of deer this year. There are at least 8 bucks running around that are 3 year olds and at least two over 4. That’s as good as we’ve ever had it in the past 20 years.

Heck of a buck regardless. We have a great crop of deer this year. There are at least 8 bucks running around that are 3 year olds and at least two over 4. That’s as good as we’ve ever had it in the past 20 years.

We are in the same boat in MN, looking forward to next season, the gun season is as late as I think it can be (I think i saw Nov 9 opener). If you/me/everybody can get some quality 3 year olds through this gun season, we might be cooking with some gas for the next few years.

3 or 4?

I’m more in the 5-6 camp. He was mature last year. Didn’t do much antler wise from last to this year. Not gonna win any awards for his rack but his body was a tank. I didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell of getting it in the Polaris by myself. Thank god my neighbor was there
BCFC68CD-18F7-4714-AB7C-2223FD5BA2DD.jpeg

Looking at his head/body size compared to you. Either you are a little guy, or he is huge, and I am leaning toward him being a huge 5+ YO. Very nice buck and great pic. Congrats!