Live from the stand thread

Geez I can't believe I was the only one who hunted tonight! Or maybe everyone else is still celebrating with a cold one. Got in the stand about 4pm. Moderate north winds and a temp of about 45 degrees. About 5pm I saw a yearling doe coming from the north (left side of the frame), crossed in front of me and went into the corner of the timber on the right side. About 5 minutes later here comes a spike buck on the same course. About 5:30 I can see an antlered buck over in that same corner of the timber. I rattled lightly, didnt get a response. About 5:45 I see a forkhorn coming from the north he might have been responding to the rattling as he walked the trail/ fence line to my left and pretty much came to my stand. He started milling around. 6pm a yearling doe squirts out of the timber point and starts coming down the defunct clover lane dead ahead in the photo towards me. About 30 seconds later out pops "Tiny Brows 55" as I called him when I first got a trail camera picture of him a few days ago. The little forkhorn thought maybe he should go see what the big buck was up to. The bucks met in the lower vegetation area where you can make out some white milkweed heads. Tiny Brows 55 immediately went into the side stepping "Give me a reason to kick you ass" mode. By then I knew I was going to take a shot if he gave me one. 25 yards, slightly quartering away, caught both lungs right behind the heart the arrow got stopped by the off side shoulder. He spun and ran for the tall grass straight out in the picture, but didnt even make the sunlit area before he was down. Diaphragm was intact when I field dressed him, the lung area was full of blood. I am guessing I clipped a major artery. 23" Left beam, 24" right beam, 16" inside spread, tallest points are the G3s @8", decent mass. The beams were what made him a shooter for this year. Now I can devote more time to getting some Fall habitat projects done and hopefully a box blind up for the kids to rifle hunt out of at the end of November!

tiny brows55 kill site.jpgtiny brows 55 and me 3.jpgtiny brows 55 lighted nock.PNGtiny brows 55 in the pickup.jpgtiny brows 55 hnaging from loader.jpgtiny brows 55 4b.jpgtiny brows 55 2nd pic.jpg

Last edited:
Great buck! Congrats! I passed on this guy not even 5 minutes into my sit last night. He was chasing a doe. About 15-20 yards. Hadn’t even gotten the jacket on yet.

a2efd70f3354cfeaf10b7f496f88649f.jpg

c8c9ea737c5e67a6be45865a0c744f77.jpg

Geez I can't believe I was the only one who hunted tonight! Or maybe everyone else is still celebrating with a cold one. Got in the stand about 4pm. Moderate north winds and a temp of about 45 degrees. About 5pm I saw a yearling doe coming from the north (left side of the frame), crossed in front of me and went into the corner of the timber on the right side. About 5 minutes later here comes a spike buck on the same course. About 5:30 I can see an antlered buck over in that same corner of the timber. I rattled lightly, didnt get a response. About 5:45 I see a forkhorn coming from the north he might have been responding to the rattling as he walked the trail/ fence line to my left and pretty much came to my stand. He started milling around. 6pm a yearling doe squirts out of the timber point and starts coming down the defunct clover lane dead ahead in the photo towards me. About 30 seconds later out pops "Tiny Brows 55" as I called him when I first got a trail camera picture of him a few days ago. The little forkhorn thought maybe he should go see what the big buck was up to. The bucks met in the lower vegetation area where you can make out some white milkweed heads. Tiny Brows 55 immediately went into the side stepping "Give me a reason to kick you ass" mode. By then I knew I was going to take a shot if he gave me one. 25 yards, slightly quartering away, caught both lungs right behind the heart the arrow got stopped by the off side shoulder. He spun and ran for the tall grass straight out in the picture, but didnt even make the sunlit area before he was down. Diaphragm was intact when I field dressed him, the lung area was full of blood. I am guessing I clipped a major artery. 23" Left beam, 24" right beam, 16" inside spread, tallest points are the G3s @8", decent mass. The beams were what made him a shooter for this year. Now I can devote more time to getting some Fall habitat projects done and hopefully a box blind up for the kids to rifle hunt out of at the end of November!

View attachment 58889View attachment 58884View attachment 58892View attachment 58891View attachment 58890View attachment 58894View attachment 58885
Awesome!!! Beautiful deer.

Oh you weren’t the only one hunting. I had the pleasure of swatting mosquitoes last night. Front hasn’t hit here. Headed out in a sec and it 66

Sitting here in the dark in Northern Pennsylvania in late October and it’s almost 70 degrees! Bucks are definitely on their feet had 4 hit 1 scrape overnight and been seeing lots of chasing..I’m banking on that front to cool things off in the weather department and up in the rut action department…

Had my first sit of the season last night. It was 68 when I left home to drive to camp. It was 43 when I arrived 3 hrs later. I twisted my knee while unpacking and now a limping pretty bad but that’s not going to keep me out of the woods. Was a pretty windy sit. Saw 1 doe but back awake this morning to do it again. Good luck everyone.

I had planned on sitting last night, and most of today, but ended up working late yesterday, and I now need to work today as well, then this evening my wife wants to go on a date. Damn life being in the way of hunting! I will be out Sunday and most evenings next week. I also have on camera a couple new bucks, but they have been at night. Except a small 6, and a medium size 8 which isn’t on my must shoot list.

Youth weekend here in Missouri. I’ve got grandkids on the farm hunting while I have work responsibilities all weekend. Good luck to those who are in the stand.

Other than hearing a giant tree snap and crash to the ground no action yet. First morning sit of the year.

View attachment 58889View attachment 58884View attachment 58892View attachment 58891View attachment 58890View attachment 58894View attachment 58885
Congratulations! Good shot.
I'll be in a stand soon.

Looks like it'll easily qualify as a P&Y. Nice shot, great buck!

Headed out in a couple hours for my first sit of the year. Jealous of you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to the hunters and congrats to Turkey Creek, that’s a very nice buck.

Two doe and a fork buck. He had no interest in the ladies or the greens. Worked 4-5 scrapes along the edge of plot.

Congrats TC!

Sent from my SM-G990U3 using Tapatalk