Live from the stand thread

This ditch is normally full of water because of Beavers.

Guess the head engineer didn't plan for this springs heavy rains.

That gnarly knob on the other side has been known to hold a few bedding bucks.
7cfdad79fd2fcc221ef518094dcb9a53.jpg

This white oak ridge has been known to bed a few doe.

I'm the monkey in the middle. But so far it's ridiculously quiet.

6bda3bfe5af80d020c792628f6cbe11e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not to crow bar this in here but I will. This is Big Rock hybrid willow cutting planted direct in a swamp. This swamp has a lot thicker ground cover and a lot less sun. I planted 100 and tubed 15. I have 5 or 6 growing out of tubes. I have not found one that was not tubed yet. I think the old beaver site would have a lot better success just based on being full sun. These were also plant it and forget it.
image.jpg

That would be awesome. It will have to be plant it and forget it. I was thinking about starting them in pots but that would be hard to get the volume probably needed. We will talk.

If they will be plant and forget, we'll go with some long ones to give them a chance. Yell when spring gets closer!

Thanks,

-John

He left stand to check the arrow out then waited 90 minutes. First bed@40 yards, second bed at 70 yards. Going back in the morning. Warm nite, lots of yotes in the swamp. Should have waited longer and stayed in stand till close warm nite or not. Ankle deep water makes it tuff.

Any update nofo?

-John

Wrong flavor

I spike just bumped her before the vid would upload.

At least it wasn't a total bust tonight.

Rattled his little azz back

Rattled his little azz back

I love the finger point...... "gotcha" :)

-John

Short video from the stand Monday night, 70deg. Trying to catch them going to the plots bihind the trees.

Congrats. Another giant, he is on a roll.

Lost the swamp buck, brisket hit. Flew all night from cal. Drove up, my son drove in from mpls. We got on stand@2pm and he dumped his 3rd book buck in 60 minutes. Now its my turn.
Sucks about the lost buck, happens to the best of us. Great looking buck your son got. Good luck getting that hefty boy you are after.

Lost the swamp buck, brisket hit. Flew all night from cal. Drove up, my son drove in from mpls. We got on stand@2pm and he dumped his 3rd book buck in 60 minutes. Now its my turn.

Sorry about the other lost buck but your son's buck is a brute! Congrats on that deer and good luck to you on your quest!

I hope to be able to try my new Tapatalk app on this thread this weekend when I am able to get out again for a 5 day hiatus...

I will finally be able to participate tomorrow morning. :D

Very little rut this am. Pms are better mow.
I've heard that. Typically most stuff happens in the morning during the rut by me. With the 18 deg cool Down over night I'm hoping that gets things going.

Sorry about the other lost buck but your son's buck is a brute! Congrats on that deer and good luck to you on your quest!

Am I loosing my mind (probably)???

I can't find the picture of his son's buck? Help the helpless please :)

-John

Am I loosing my mind (probably)???

I can't find the picture of his son's buck? Help the helpless please :)

-John

Me either in safari. With tapatalk I see a jpg symbol that I can click on to down load.

Here it is. Nice friggin deer.

b81c957707ddc3dfa0ba8fc76be6223c.jpg

Nice Nice Buck. Congratulations.

Think I asked this before but do you drive from MSP or do you take a connecting flight to Wausau or Green Bay?

Me either in safari. With tapatalk I see a jpg symbol that I can click on to down load.

Here it is. Nice friggin deer.

b81c957707ddc3dfa0ba8fc76be6223c.jpg

Yeah, that is a beauty! What I wouldn't do just to SEE one like that from the stand!

-John