Judge orders Wolf's returned to the endangered list

Isn't this exactly what Colorado did with the legalization of marijauna? There is a federal law against it....but the state set a precedent here. If our "public" voted to have a wolf season......I think we could have a wolf season. Get it on the ballet would be the trick. Somebody wake Brooks up and put him on it. ;) (JK Brooks)

Don't hold your breath Foggy. The precedent has been set that laws and votes don't matter. Politics aside, you can't help but look at pot, the border, wolves, Obamacare, and gay marriage where laws were either created and thrown out, or laws were broken and no enforcement was taken. The law is only to be enforced when their is something to gain by the power, and disregarded when their is something to be gained by the power.

It looks to me like the states need to quit spending money on this and let the HSA and these other tree huggings idiots foot the bill for all the research and man hours and depredation costs to the public. Take some money out of their coffers and they'll have less funds to be able to push this garbage agenda on other issues like the bear hunt in Maine. Not one more dime from the states for radio-collared tracking surveys or any other things that would allow the spread of wolves. If the tree huggers love them so much, they can foot the bill not only to further their advancement, but also pay for damages when they occur. 50 "Fluffy's" get killed vacationing in the northwoods over the summer and those groups have to pay for full damages and get all the bad publicity for encouraging the spread of wolves, they may not being playing their tune so loudly in the future. Folks moving forward that receive livestock or pet depredation should put together a class action lawsuit against the groups that called for relisting. As I have said for many years to these anti-hunter types, why should the sportsmen have to foot the bill to manage a species that they have no control over, fees for everyone, just like hunters. Birdwatching permit, wildlife viewing permit, you saw an eagle today, thanks that will be $5, oh a loon also you say, good that will be an extra $3 and a Trumpeter Swan well that will be $10, we brought those back from near extinction you know. Maybe then these idiots will shut the hell up and leave the wildlife decisions to educated folks who have already done the research and conservation efforts to get the population to the level where it could be maintained and kept in check at levels acceptable to the public that has to live with them on a daily basis. You live in the city and don't own land in a wolf zone, your opinion don't mean squat, especially to the folks who have to live with them daily. The states and local businesses should also sue for lost revenue from the legal hunting seasons being lost and the states should sue for past damages incurred in all the prior research that they have spent money on.

A couple of things about Wisconsin wolves. Now that the have been relisted the Feds will be responsible for payments for dog and livestock kills. Before the wolves were delisted almost all known wolf packs had at least 1 radio collared wolf in the pack. Any other wolves in the pack captured were micro chipped for identification. Since they were delisted the practice of collaring and micro chipping has not happened as much. When delisted the problem wolves that were trapped by Goverment trappers were destroyed, now that they are protected that will not happen. As far as my thoughts on the relisting of wolves in Wisconsin, when they have a pack causing problems they should trap them and release them in the Washington D C parks and see how long before the idiots out there pull their heads out of their a$$es.

A couple of things about Wisconsin wolves. Now that the have been relisted the Feds will be responsible for payments for dog and livestock kills. Before the wolves were delisted almost all known wolf packs had at least 1 radio collared wolf in the pack. Any other wolves in the pack captured were micro chipped for identification. Since they were delisted the practice of collaring and micro chipping has not happened as much. When delisted the problem wolves that were trapped by Goverment trappers were destroyed, now that they are protected that will not happen. As far as my thoughts on the relisting of wolves in Wisconsin, when they have a pack causing problems they should trap them and release them in the Washington D C parks and see how long before the idiots out there pull their heads out of their a$$es.
That would keep lot of the riff raff off of the streets at night, also.

...when they have a pack causing problems they should trap them and release them in the Washington D C parks and see how long before the idiots out there pull their heads out of their a$$es.
This is an AWESOME idea! This is the kind of change I can get behind!

I'm all for it. I think the white house lawn needs a pack too. Put some in the house and senate chambers while we're at it.

I'm all for it. I think the white house lawn needs a pack too. Put some in the house and senate chambers while we're at it.
I think LA could use 4 or 5 packs as long as we're having a relocating party.

Wolves have been shot before they were on a list, during, after being taken off, and will be shot when put back on. You can bet on that!

Who wants to wager that ice cream cone?

Who wants to wager that ice cream cone?
I'll take that bet and give you odds. You win,two scoops. I win, one scoop. Sprinkles are winners option.

We can pick out location. I like a plain McDonald's cone to keep it simple. I don't care for culvers. Dairy Queen is an option

They might as well hold off on the elk reintroduction into the Black River State Forest. If the already underreported numbers of wolves in that area are allowed to grow much further, they will decimate the transplants in short order, especially the younger ones. A predator is a predator, but I highly doubt those elk transplants that were born and raised for generations in Kentucky will understand fully how to get away from a pack of highly skilled hunters in the deep snow. That relisting was the death knell for elk reintroduction anywhere in the Midwest. I wonder how bent out of shape the deer farmers will be when the wolves start circling their pens when food runs short in the winter, I'm sure it happens already, wait until the population expands.

Keep in mind that this action is going to piss-off lots of folks that are not hunters. Farmer's, ranchers, resorts, homeowners are likely not going to be happy. I read a report that the endangered species act may be one that the new Republican Legislature may want to revoke.....or otherwise modify... to show who is in control. :D

Keep in mind that this action is going to piss-off lots of folks that are not hunters. Farmer's, ranchers, resorts, homeowners are likely not going to be happy. I read a report that the endangered species act may be one that the new Republican Legislature may want to revoke.....or otherwise modify... to show who is in control. :D

Lets hope you're correct.

I saw an interesting take on SSS on another site today. The feeling was that even if the locals do deal with this issue themselves, they likely won't have much of an impact. I forget the percentage, but the vast majority of wolves taken are done so via trapping. I don't think the locals are going to be running wolf sets and then dumping the bodies.

Stu you are correct. Very few deer hunters see wolves. Percentage wise bear hunters probably see more wolves than deer hunters. Trapping by far is the best way to get a wolf.

I saw an interesting take on SSS on another site today. The feeling was that even if the locals do deal with this issue themselves, they likely won't have much of an impact. I forget the percentage, but the vast majority of wolves taken are done so via trapping. I don't think the locals are going to be running wolf sets and then dumping the bodies.

Why would anybody trap when you can dose up meat thrown in the ditch with snail poison?

A person could do that, but I am pretty sure that none will.:rolleyes:

Stu you are correct. Very few deer hunters see wolves. Percentage wise bear hunters probably see more wolves than deer hunters. Trapping by far is the best way to get a wolf.

I shot mine while bear hunting in Alberta and the only one I've seen in MN was while bear hunting. I no longer hunt in northern MN but if I did I would consider dosing my gut piles.

http://www.lobowatch.org/adminclient/WolfKill1/go

Are Wolves to smart to snare?