If I owned a Subaru I would worry about this story in the news......

no doubt cheaper then a polaris. When my Polaris wears out I'm going the small 4x4 route.

those samurais and geo trackers are hot items now days for ice fishing and off roading.

My dad had one of those 80s Subaru brats for a bit when I was young as a beater for commuting/ice fishing. I thought that little pos was the coolest because of the seats in the bed.
DDA8FA03-2839-4CD3-88F3-93F0F5EF535D.jpeg

Subaru has made a few interesting niche vehicles. Remember the Samari? I see a few of those that have been turned into some Bad Ass Rock crawlers down here in OZ. Most of them have a big lift with a much wider stance and big tires. Wheel spacers? Dunno. Never looked at them closely to see if axels have been swapped out.....but I expect they have.

Subaru has a cult-like following......kinda like Saturn. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Edit: Seems like I see more Saturns (than any other brand) with a huge gal driving the car....and the car is loaded with political bumper stickers....and has dents in ever conceivable body panel included the hood and roof. Usually some parts hanging under the car and not tracking straight, etc. Not sure how anyone can treat a car like that....and still have a license.

When Saturn’s first came out my wife just had to have one, was all into the annual party for the customers they threw (although we never went. She traded in a sweet Astro van in on it.

Well within a month she hated it...coming out of an Astro van I could see why. That Saturn was the most uncomfortable vehicle we ever owned, I didn’t like it either...especially with three small kids. After a couple years she traded it in on a new Blazer.

I still miss that Astro....

If I need to display my "manliness" by the vehicle I drive ......... I need to check my nether parts. :emoji_wink: :emoji_grin::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Have a good day boys - whatever you drive!!!!!!!

I have the man version of the Suburu outback. 300 HP V8 powered AWD Audi Allroad. No man buns or skinny jeans here.

I tried hard to get my wife in a 4-runner but she had her heart set on a Subaru Ascent. I was dead set against it until we test drove both. The difference was night and day. The 4 runner drives rough like a truck with a stiff suspension, and the Ascent drives smooth as can be.

We had it on some pretty rough forestry service roads and in about a foot and a half of snow. The thing handled it better than I ever expected an SUV to be able to.

I know the current cars, with all the electronics, aren’t going to last as long as the classic Subarus… but my stepdad had a late 80’s GL hatchback that went just shy of a million miles before it got totaled in a multi-car accident. If I didn’t need a truck, I wouldn’t hesitate to pick a Subaru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the man version of the Suburu outback. 300 HP V8 powered AWD Audi Allroad. No man buns or skinny jeans here.
Sweet car for sure but I'd be scared to drive that beauty down the USFS roads to my parents place where floorboard deep mud holes and "free pin stripe" pines that are common with the wife's outback.

Last edited:
Sweet car for sure but I'd be scared to drive that beauty down the USFS roads to my parents place where floorboard deep mud holes and "free pin stripe" pines are the common with the wife's outback.
2004 with over a hundred thousand on the odometer. I wouldn't want to intentionally wreck it but your wife's outback is more than likely worth more.

Foggy, I worked really hard on that meme just for you.

:emoji_grin:

What if I can grow one with a brush hog and a solo spreader? Does that count?

What if I can grow one with no equipment and no effort?

( My renter plants alfalfa with a bit of red clover in the low area).

What if I can grow one with no equipment and no effort?

( My renter plants alfalfa with a bit of red clover in the low area).

I believe you would win

Foggy, I worked really hard on that meme just for you.

:emoji_grin:
Kinda like having a big handicap in golf.....right? You want extra credit for keeping one hand behind your back? The deer do not care! .....but if you like....here is a participation trophy and a juice box for you SD. :emoji_grin:

I drive my wife’s forester for summer time glassing locally and have for some public ventures…. So much stealth compared to the truck. Had one guy stop, nine collector stickers and other crap filling his back window on a “hunter’s truck”. He basically called me Q when I told him I was taking pictures of the sunset….. didn’t even note the mature buck in the field, it was a spotter not a camera on the window and the sun was setting behind me, not the direction I was looking. Lol.

I like Subarus. I also kill my target bucks.

Running does the same.

Subaru has a cult-like following......kinda like Saturn. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Edit: Seems like I see more Saturns (than any other brand) with a huge gal driving the car....and the car is loaded with political bumper stickers....and has dents in ever conceivable body panel included the hood and roof. Usually some parts hanging under the car and not tracking straight, etc. Not sure how anyone can treat a car like that....and still have a license.
They must’ve went through a lot of effort to replace all the panels with metal ones, just to dent them…

“Unlike conventional auto bodies, Saturn`s fenders, hood, trunk lid and door panels are made of a tough, yet lightweight, plastic. Saturn officials say there are a number of reasons they abandoned steel in favor of plastic. For one thing, because plastic weighs less than steel, it improves fuel economy.Nov 24, 1990”

I’ve never owned one, but when I read your comment, something in my memory recalled those cars were made of plastic.