Help me compare a Land Pride LP500 drill with a Genesis 5 Light drill

Foggy - The 3P600 and Gen 5 Light are way too much drill for that tractor IMO. You may (barely) have the hydraulic lift capacity but you'll be lifting the front end of that tractor off the ground to use it. And if you have any hills...

Not much of a safety margin but I don't see why it wouldn't work? His tractor with loaded tires, loader, bucket should be around 6000#. 3 point lift is 3748# at the pins, 2646# 24" behind the pins. Why would a 1800# genesis 5 or 1600# 3p600 be too much? Especially with a little extra ballast in the loader.

Thinking about this more. The weight of the loader/bucket is probably 1500# and should offset a most of the weight of these drills. Additional ballast in the bucket should keep the front end down easy enough. Maybe i'm missin something?

Last edited:
Not much of a safety margin but I don't see why it wouldn't work? His tractor with loaded tires, loader, bucket should be around 6000#. 3 point lift is 3748# at the pins, 2646# 24" behind the pins. Why would a 1800# genesis 5 or 1600# 3p600 be too much? Especially with a little extra ballast in the loader.

Thinking about this more. The weight of the loader/bucket is probably 1500# and should offset a most of the weight of these drills. Additional ballast in the bucket should keep the front end down easy enough. Maybe i'm missin something?

I'd say maybe closer to 5500# loaded. If he has the crimper on the front he's probably fine..

Our 50 HP LS is about that weight exactly, same capacities etc.. With about 1500# or so on a rear disc it gets squirrely on hills. Just something to keep in mind.

I'd say maybe closer to 5500# loaded. If he has the crimper on the front he's probably fine..

Our 50 HP LS is about that weight exactly, same capacities etc.. With about 1500# or so on a rear disc it gets squirrely on hills. Just something to keep in mind.

Gotcha. I very well might have not worried about it in my looking at drills for my l3560 because I don't have hills at all.

Some #'s based on printed specs below, cant vouch for accuracy. Some additional weight is likely if he has the front tires loaded (thought he said he did), the front grill guard, 3rd function, etc

Weight in lbBasis for weight value
L3560 HST-C
3880​
Kubota printed spec
LA805 Loader
1279​
Kubota printed spec
Bucket
331​
Kubota printed spec for standard 72" round back
Loaded Tires
650​
the R1s rears only on my L3560 took 60 gallons or roughly 650#, foggy has R4s
Total
6140​

Gotcha. I very well might have not worried about it in my looking at drills for my l3560 because I don't have hills at all.

Some #'s based on printed specs below, cant vouch for accuracy. Some additional weight is likely if he has the front tires loaded (thought he said he did), the front grill guard, 3rd function, etc

Weight in lbBasis for weight value
L3560 HST-C
3880​
Kubota printed spec
LA805 Loader
1279​
Kubota printed spec
Bucket
331​
Kubota printed spec for standard 72" round back
Loaded Tires
650​
the R1s rears only on my L3560 took 60 gallons or roughly 650#, foggy has R4s
Total
6140​
And a cab

I rest Wind Gypsy's case for my tractor....and his. :emoji_relaxed: Those Kubota L3560's are allot of tractor (weight and capacity) in that size tractor. They can do allot of work. I have looked this situation over every way since Sunday.....and think that I could comfortably live with the drills I said above.

Tractorhouse.com. A land manager was selling his for 9500. I offered 8500 and he took it. I had to pay about 800 to have it shipped.

I figured you had a lucky encounter in person with someone. That's an even better scoop being as it was online where it was listed nationally.

Nice buy, i'm a little jealous.

Regarding that 3P600NT no-till Land Pride drill. I stopped by my local Kubota dealer today.....as I saw a few drills standing in his lot.

He still has the 3P500 (conventional) drill sitting on his lot.....which I turned away from at the higher price $15,xxx. Just too much for what it is....IMO.....still they are a nice product for my needs. It was interesting for me to compare the 3P500 with the 3P600NT drills. I may go back and look some more.

He had two 3P600NT drills also made into Land Pride paint. Nice rigs, with small seed box and more. I believe I could handle one of these with my L3560 HSTC tractor......but they only are made in Category II ONLY. I'm not sure how I could convert the pins.......and likely would not pay the price for one of these either(I think new they are now about $22,500 or so). They are nice drills......but I plan to get along with my Tar River SAYA 505......until a better solution comes along. (or maybe forever)

Thought I would post this.....In case someone is looking to buy a drill. The dealer is north of Brainerd/Baxter MN - near the BIR race track. Drills are in his inventory.

I still consider offering him the price he quoted me in Jan for the 3p500.....but I am afraid he will take me up on it.....lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    598.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I think that 3p606nt would be pushin it foggy, I bet the standard 606nt would work fine though.

Last edited:
I think that 3p606nt would be pushin it foggy, but I bet the standard 606nt would work fine though.
Ageed. But, I might add that lots of Tar River Saya 505's and 507's are going on these tractor sizes.....and they got about the same weights and blades in the ground. Still, if I had one of the lot to pick from right now.....and money was (almost) no object.....it would be between the LP 3P-500 and the Genesis 5 Light. I think the small seed box of the LP would tip the scales to them. I realize the Genesis can also have one....but that runs up the price. Alas....I have come to be satisfied with my Tar River Saya. It's all good.

Ageed. But, I might add that lots of Tar River Saya 505's and 507's are going on these tractor sizes.....and they got about the same weights and blades in the ground. Still, if I had one of the lot to pick from right now.....and money was (almost) no object.....it would be between the LP 3P-500 and the Genesis 5 Light. I think the small seed box of the LP would tip the scales to them. I realize the Genesis can also have one....but that runs up the price. Alas....I have come to be satisfied with my Tar River Saya. It's all good.

That 3p606nt is notably heavier than the sayas.

That 3p606nt is notably heavier than the sayas.
yeah....but at the same time.....I could add 500 lbs to my SAYA 505.....and load the seed hoppers and never break a sweat. If Land Pride offered a 3p500NT.....in category 1.....I might be all over it.

I just bought a Great Plains 3P 500 Grain Drill with the small seed box. One year old.....very low use. Going to pick it up in a week or so. Likely be selling my Tar River Saya 505 soon. Nothing wrong with it....but I do like the press wheels on the back of a drill.

I just bought a Great Plains 3P 500 Grain Drill with the small seed box. One year old.....very low use. Going to pick it up in a week or so. Likely be selling my Tar River Saya 505 soon. Nothing wrong with it....but I do like the press wheels on the back of a drill.
I'm excited to see how it works for you!

I'm excited to see how it works for you!
You and me both. Trying to decide if I should hang on to my Tar River drill to see how the two compare. lol.....would be a good thread to compare 'em.

Good buy my man! It’s a well built piece of equipment.

Just re-read this whole thread. MAN.....am I persistent! lol. I sold my Tar River 505 last night. Will pick up the GP 3P500 in a week or so. Still......I had to be home all day today.....and still no video or unbiased review by an owner of a LP or GP 3P500. Geeesh. I may be the first to do a video on this product. Even Tar River has LOTS of product reviews on their offerings.

Anyway.....took the plunge now that I saw one and found a slightly used one at a tolerable price. Things should not be this hard. Grin. Hope it works out as planned. Stay tuned.