Hawggardville

Planted several wildlife group pears and one dozier crabapple in Dec, all were bareroot 4ft whips. Of those this gallaway pear is already out of the five foot tube.

That's all I got for now Merle will add again before long I'm sure.

Those dunstans you are growing look very healthy. That food plot and surrounding country looks beautiful.

We found this no shoulder while mowing today.

This a Chinese chestnut we planted today from wbpdeer on qdma. Planted two today many more still at home in pots.

Here is one of the plots we did last fall, the winter rye grain is coming on.

This is another one.

One year old American chestnut.

This is one of the Dunstan's I grew from seed last year. Already hasbmale flowers this year.

This is a au buck IV I got one each of the III and IV, I was not impressed with their size but both have leafed out this year sobat least doing good so far. Got weed mats on both with pea gravel today.

You guys are busy fellas

I love going up there. It's finally starting to really shape up. Plus getting to fish while up there is nice. Got two good sized catfish today. Also had another snake try to climb in the boat on us.

I love going up there. It's finally starting to really shape up. Plus getting to fish while up there is nice. Got two good sized catfish today. Also had another snake try to climb in the boat on us.
I would not be OK with that :eek:

I definitely wasn't holding my composure well. Merle hit it with a fishing pole and it took off. It snuck right up on us. I just happened to turn around and it had its head out of the water less then a foot away and am amazed i didn't flip the boat.

looking great guys, I am ready to move down there and enjoy some heat, can't believe how far ahead you are, trees here are just starting to bud. What kind of a snake was that? I am very thankful we do not have anything like that here, especially ones that try to climb in the boat.

looking great guys, I am ready to move down there and enjoy some heat, can't believe how far ahead you are, trees here are just starting to bud. What kind of a snake was that? I am very thankful we do not have anything like that here, especially ones that try to climb in the boat.
That's a copperhead in the pic. We have those galore plus cotton mouths and while I haven't saw one yet, my neighbors have killed a few rattlers. The only real problem they'll give you is if you step on one by accident so I try and wear snakeboots this time of year. Oh, and the heats awesome this time of year, but it's pretty tough come August. 98 degrees with 90 percent humidity makes me long for fall lol.

I've done a poor job with pics, but we've been working on a acre and a half eagle bean plot the last two weeks on our days to go play. We're clearing out a spot in an old pasture that is starting to get overgrown with sweet gums so it's been a job. Got the lime and fert down today, but it was still to wet to disk so maybe next week. This is our first try for a summer plot too. Did get a pic of another copperhead though. Last year must of been a banner year for them.0511160825-00.jpg

I've done a poor job with pics, but we've been working on a acre and a half eagle bean plot the last two weeks on our days to go play. We're clearing out a spot in an old pasture that is starting to get overgrown with sweet gums so it's been a job. Got the lime and fert down today, but it was still to wet to disk so maybe next week. This is our first try for a summer plot too. Did get a pic of another copperhead though. Last year must of been a banner year for them.View attachment 8886

I have family West of you, great place to be early spring before the heat and snakes come out.

I have family West of you, great place to be early spring before the heat and snakes come out.
Lol, even with the heat, snakes, and tiger stripped mosquitoes I feel like Dorothy, there's no place like home.

Looking great. I like seeing that pear peeking out the top of the tube.

I have some Wildlife Group pears that have been in the ground 3 years now, and some of them are loaded this year. Galloway is one of them.

Hopefully we can compare notes on WG pears later on. Unfortunately I didn't get some of them tagged, but did most and know the varieties.