Happy Fathers Day STUFF.

Trapper LM

5 year old buck +
My wife and 3 mid 20s aged kids asked me what I want?
I dont know? I'm very blessed. I have pruners, spreaders, seeders ect.
I tell them all I want is time with them. They tell me their budget is about $30 each.
What items can you suggest?

I typically love a gift card to my favorite farm supply store I always need something. I also like to tell them to wait and they can pay for my tree order from my local DNR (normally $30 for 100 trees) - which happens in the fall. I agree I don't need the "crap". As far as giving a gift I prefer to give gift cards so the person can get what they want. My father islike a kid ina candy store when I give him mis bass-pro gift card. He digs thru the fishing catalog like us kids used to go thru the toy catalog before x-mas.

This year I don't get anything.....I wasn't bad, well ok, maybe I was but that isn't the reason. My wife and I have a deal when I get a deer mounted it covers the entire year. Shoul be picking up the one from my avatar pic sometime soon!

G
I typically love a gift card to my favorite farm supply store I always need something. I also like to tell them to wait and they can pay for my tree order from my local DNR (normally $30 for 100 trees) - which happens in the fall. I agree I don't need the "crap". As far as giving a gift I prefer to give gift cards so the person can get what they want. My father islike a kid ina candy store when I give him mis bass-pro gift card. He digs thru the fishing catalog like us kids used to go thru the toy catalog before x-mas.

This year I don't get anything.....I wasn't bad, well ok, maybe I was but that isn't the reason. My wife and I have a deal when I get a deer mounted it covers the entire year. Shoul be picking up the one from my avatar pic sometime soon!
Good start. Keep them coming.
Nice buck J.

I have recently told everyone in my family that I am no longer accepting presents for any occasions unless it is a 40 acre or larger piece of hunting land. Other than that, I am just looking forward to a good meal and the company they provide. I don't need any more "crap"(as j-bird put it) and if I need a piece of equipment for hunting I will usually buy it for myself.

We are going up to the farm this weekend and will bring some steaks for my dad. It is tough to buy stuff for him and the steaks will make him plenty happy. Sometimes we will get him some sort of "toy" that he can play around with. A couple years ago we gave him some of those small remote controlled helicopters. They gave him plenty of entertainment fro $15-$20 a piece until they broke.

We will see the father-in-law in a couple weeks. We usually get him some sort of snack that he doesn't buy for himself, like good beef jerky or beef sticks from a local butcher shop, or a can of mixed nuts.

Big MAP of your land...or lake. Vacuum bagging system for meat. Meat Grinder.....stuffer, slicer, etc. Scale for weighing deer.

I bought my wife a Pocket Gopher Poison Delivery System for Mother's Day. (and potted plants - I ain't a fool ;) )

Have them pool their money and all of you go out to eat? Or cook out at the house with everyone over?

ammo, flashlight, kershaw knife, fishing lures, or they could compile their $$ an get a gift card to local nursery, custom turkey call or just go out for a nice meal

An IOU from them for X mount of hours each helping you in habitat work.

None needed. They are there whenever time allows them to be. I'm leaning towards them bringing steaks over for the family. They can grill while I kick back.
unless they really feel generous as I could really use a Orchard ladder or a stihl chainsaw on a stick.

None needed. They are there whenever time allows them to be. I'm leaning towards them bringing steaks over for the family. They can grill while I kick back.
unless they really feel generous as I could really use a Orchard ladder or a stihl chainsaw on a stick.
I think you hit it right on the head Trapper. This is on the line of what I was thinking. There is 4 of them @ $30 each = $120. A bunch of nice big ribeyes for the grill, maybe some grilled shrimp skewers or lobster tails if your so inclined, and you still might have enough left over for a 12 pack of good beer or a bottle of vino. Get one of them set up on the grill and you enjoy your view of the lake. Trouble for me in that situation is that I wouldn't trust anyone else to run the grill, so I would be stuck doing the grilling myself anyway.

Not sure where she ordered them online but my wife and her two sisters are having 2, 4 pound live lobsters shipped to their dad. I have an 8 and 4 year old and I tell my wife all I want is the stuff they make me. We are fortunate enough to spend every weekend together at camp so I don't need anything else. I would rather leave the purchasing of stuff to me, that way I know I get what I want.

Loving family, good food and cold beer - sounds like a winner to me as well. Sometimes society tends to commercialize things and we loose touch with what is truely important. I do know if I show up without some deer summer sausage for my dad however he will be grossly disappointed!

I am going to take my dad fishing. There is nothing I can buy him that he can't buy himself or doesn't already have. Time is more valuable than a 'toy'.

I bought my wife a Pocket Gopher Poison Delivery System for Mother's Day. (and potted plants - I ain't a fool ;) )

You need to be careful that she isn't mad at you when she gets ahold of the strychnine!

(I keep my strychnine hidden.)

Big MAP of your land...or lake. Vacuum bagging system for meat. Meat Grinder.....stuffer, slicer, etc. Scale for weighing deer.
Are you planning on success during the hunt?

sandbur said:
Are you planning on success during the hunt?

He just know how successful I am with the dam in Waupaca county.

Oops. DSM.