CWD Deer

I doubt I would, just saying that I know of at least 1 family that has eaten a CWD positive deer. If I ever shoot a deer that doesn't appear to be healthy or is acting strange when I shoot it, I will get it tested.
That is like catching a fish with three eyes, I don't need a test to tell me not to eat it.

Do meat lockers test deer before they process them or is this assumed to be the responsibility of the hunter?

So theoretically a meat locker could bring in 15 CWD a year and they wouldn't even skip a beat

No, the hunters brought in 15 CWD+ deer, the meat locker had nothing to do with it, and no way of knowing.

They could bring in 1500 and wouldn't skip a beat.

Are deer shot in the CWD zone still tagged with a red registration tag?

After seeing/hearing about the "inner workings" of many meat lockers there's no way I would let them cut my deer up. I'm sure there are some good commercial places around...but I wasn't going to roll the dice. Also, after seeing how other hunters treat their deer before taking them to the processor...I wanted nothing to do with the possibility I'd end up with their venison.

It takes me about 4 hours to completely process a deer from skinning to cleaning up. Sure seems worth my time to me ;)
Yes

I saw red tags being put on deer taken from richland county at a registration station in viroqua

I've had some tested in the past, but it's been a few years now. Most of the deer that I harvest are with the bow and getting them tested during bow season is not as easy as it once was. I would not eat a sick looking deer or one that tested positive. We butcher all of our own deer and de-bone everything, so I haven't been overly worried. Most hunters that I've talked to have had similar thoughts.