Deer as a red meat

The damn processed foods today are killing us. One only needs to look at the list of ingredients of some of the stuff for sale and wonder what started us down this road. My grand parents did not eat these chemical additives in their food. My doc says venison is fine in moderation. We are told to eat more fish and fowl. My state advisory board recommends eating no more than one meal a month on any of the fresh water fish taken from state waters.

I really try to eat healthy but all this worrying about what is good or bad today will kill you quicker than anything else. Be active, and have a good outlook on life. My wife's aunt lived until she was 104 and was the sweetest person I ever met. Her mindset enabled her to live a long life. As hard as it is in today's world, be thankful you are above the ground among the breathing.

By the gift of God my family has very little cancer or heart issues in my father's side. Their lineage can be traced back in this county until the 1700s and many lived into the 70s and 80s at a time when 50 was considered old. My dad is 92 and my mom is 88. When I retired the HR lady told me, your health is your greatest wealth. Invest in it.

There is no nutritional science that's valid because the researchers never differentiate the quality of sourced food. Most of us are probably lucky enough to have tasted a real tomato, a good pork chop, and a home grown strawberry. Deep down, you know there is a difference.

Find real, clean, and natural food and eat it. There is no bad food until science starts 'adding value' to it.

To break the conversation down to 'red meat' puts slim jims and tyson shelf stable summer sausage in with forest-only wild venison.

Bread is the same way. You cannot analyze food-grade glyphosate desiccated fiberless gmo bread full of preservatives, sugars, vegetable oils, flouride, bromide, and synthetic flavorings up against fresh, heirloom, pesticide free, whole wheat, made from scratch 4-ingredient bread (clean water, yeast, flour, pink salt).

To break the conversation down to 'red meat' puts slim jims and tyson shelf stable summer sausage in with forest-only wild venison.
Isn't that where the Harvard docs get it wrong? Unless I've heard incorrectly, big macs and pepperoni pizza count as red meat in these studies.

I was just reading an article from Harvard medical where they were discrediting the research about red meat not being bad for whatever it’s worth. I’m just taking the second hand info from guys who look at hearts and arteries all day!
Did they have any studies to cite comparing a diet heavy on WILD deer meat to one that was heavy on conventional red meat and/or one light on wild deer meat?

I stopped caring what doctors were saying/pushing after they started getting kick backs for promoting certain things. When one company pays a doctor to push the product I'm done listening to their "advice". Common sense has to kick in sometime. How many studies are legit and honest with out an agenda? NOT MANY. JMHO

If your fat just take a pill. Pretty sad

I stopped caring what doctors were saying/pushing after they started getting kick backs for promoting certain things. When one company pays a doctor to push the product I'm done listening to their "advice". Common sense has to kick in sometime. How many studies are legit and honest with out an agenda? NOT MANY. JMHO
Most fields have an agenda. Including doctoring and Harvard. I heard once that chemistry is tougher to have an agenda with, it's just a bunch of nerds doing what they do and it's harder to exploit.

Did they have any studies to cite comparing a diet heavy on WILD deer meat to one that was heavy on conventional red meat and/or one light on wild deer meat?
You behave fella. That kinda talk gets you a needle in the neck and your car pushed into the pond with a typed suicide note.

You behave fella. That kinda talk gets you a needle in the neck and your car pushed into the pond with a typed suicide note.
Signed by Fauci?

Most fields have an agenda. Including doctoring and Harvard. I heard once that chemistry is tougher to have an agenda with, it's just a bunch of nerds doing what they do and it's harder to exploit.
Try mathematicians if you think the chemistry guys are bad. I have both in my family. Funny as hell seeing one of them explaining something to you in chemical terms and the other saying that is only 30% truth. 😂

Don't forget to consider what your food comes in.

Don't forget to consider what your food comes in.
Health effects aside, we have moved to almost all glass storage in our house. I made a new year's resolution a few years back to try and limit single-use plastics. Fast forward to today and we almost never use them period.