Cuddelink L series Q & A

Does anyone know if you can downgrade the firmware on the L series camera to 7.9? I understand I won't have the functionality of 8.3.
I do not think so, the L uses different firmware than the G etc. L is currently running 1.4.0

I do not think so, the L uses different firmware than the G etc. L is currently running 1.4.0
Thank you.

I had a camera that quit transmitting to the home. Finally made it to the camera today and the screed read “Link TX.” Any idea what that is and can I prevent it? I pulled one battery to reset it and it started back up just fine. Additionally is there a chance it was still taking pictures and will transmit them now that I have it reconnected? Link level was 99 so that is not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if you can downgrade the firmware on the L series camera to 7.9? I understand I won't have the functionality of 8.3.
you cant, the L series uses a different firmware , but will link with 8.3 only - L firmware is currently 1.4

I had a camera that quit transmitting to the home. Finally made it to the camera today and the screed read “Link TX.” Any idea what that is and can I prevent it? I pulled one battery to reset it and it started back up just fine. Additionally is there a chance it was still taking pictures and will transmit them now that I have it reconnected? Link level was 99 so that is not an issue.

Link TX is what is reads when transmitting images to the home, it was stuck on that for over a minute or so its likely an SD card issue.

Link TX is what is reads when transmitting images to the home, it was stuck on that for over a minute or so its likely an SD card issue.
I have a similar problem. Everything was working great, but I had turned up the day delay on most of the cameras because we had the sheep in. Once the sheep were out I went through and changed those long day delays to off using camp, thinking it would put them back to auto delay. Then after a couple days I realized off means off, then set those cameras to 5 second delay. All is good now, but I have two cameras that have not sent a photo for over a week, even with a vehicle parking in front of one. I have sent "take photo" commands with no response. Set them to priority, no photos. Cleared que, nothing yet.
They show as functional in the report, but I notice the lifetime images has grown while the images on the SD card has not. Both cameras are running 64GB cards, which I had some issues with initially. I will try clearing the cards and resetting them this weekend.
Is there anything else I can try remotely? I hate to clear the sd card because I think they have all of the photos that have not been transmitted.

I have a similar problem. Everything was working great, but I had turned up the day delay on most of the cameras because we had the sheep in. Once the sheep were out I went through and changed those long day delays to off using camp, thinking it would put them back to auto delay. Then after a couple days I realized off means off, then set those cameras to 5 second delay. All is good now, but I have two cameras that have not sent a photo for over a week, even with a vehicle parking in front of one. I have sent "take photo" commands with no response. Set them to priority, no photos. Cleared que, nothing yet.
They show as functional in the report, but I notice the lifetime images has grown while the images on the SD card has not. Both cameras are running 64GB cards, which I had some issues with initially. I will try clearing the cards and resetting them this weekend.
Is there anything else I can try remotely? I hate to clear the sd card because I think they have all of the photos that have not been transmitted.
changing out the SD card should fix this, either format the card in a computer or toss it before using it in another camera.

changing out the SD card should fix this, either format the card in a computer or toss it before using it in another camera.
Thank you, I had issues with my 64GB cards because they came with NTFS formatting and had to reformat to exFAT.

"Conclusion. In a debate regarding exFAT vs NTFS vs FAT32, NTFS is the best format for storage devices with Windows operating system. However, exFAT is best for portable storage devices due to more efficient power and memory management. It also allows you to use a storage device on both Windows and macOS."

I think Cuddeback is messing up advertising that these cameras can support up to a 256G memory card. The larger cards have caused me fits.

I think Cuddeback is messing up advertising that these cameras can support up to a 256G memory card. The larger cards have caused me fits.
What size card is in your camera that stopped talking?
I had no issues once the formatting got straightened out. I am guessing my current problem came about from sending a series of commands while trying to get the day delay set after I realized I turned the day delay to off.
I did finally get a "take picture" command to go through on one of my suspect cameras, so I think I only have one that is not talking.

which has better image quality - LL-2A or G-5109 or G-5064? Need to decide which goes on the busiest spot.

What size card is in your camera that stopped talking?
I had no issues once the formatting got straightened out. I am guessing my current problem came about from sending a series of commands while trying to get the day delay set after I realized I turned the day delay to off.
I did finally get a "take picture" command to go through on one of my suspect cameras, so I think I only have one that is not talking.

128 in the one that just stopped. It worked perfectly for a couple months prior to that. Had a 64 in another that locked up a couple weeks ago.

128 in the one that just stopped. It worked perfectly for a couple months prior to that. Had a 64 in another that locked up a couple weeks ago.

I am going to down size some of my cards. The bigger ones should be in the non-transmitting cameras anyhow.
After sending "take picture" commands to my non responsive camera for a week, I finally got a return last night. I did not get any other photos from it other than the one I triggered. I am going to have to check the card to see if it was just not transmitting or if it was not working at all.

which has better image quality - LL-2A or G-5109 or G-5064? Need to decide which goes on the busiest spot.
I have no experience with G or earlier cameras, but from what I understand the difference is in the transmitted photo and the L transmits a better quality photo than previous generations.
Yet, I still see used Gs, and Js for sale for as much or more money than an L.

The one that got stuck while transmitting did not take any pictures during its error. I was hoping it did and would transfer after I reset it. No luck. I too am going to downsize my cards. I just think Cuddeback should advertise a smaller card.

The one that got stuck while transmitting did not take any pictures during its error. I was hoping it did and would transfer after I reset it. No luck. I too am going to downsize my cards. I just think Cuddeback should advertise a smaller card.
I would agree.
I actually found this website when I was having the typical minor issues w/ my Cuddelink system. Between this forum and JohnV, I've been able to work thru every problem. Point is: it does seem odd to me how cards are consistently blamed for Cuddelink system issues. Like everyone else, I've been using SD cards on game cams, regular cams, data storage, etc, and don't remember ever having an issue with SD cards until this system. I started with 4 128gb cards, and had the occasional transmit lock up issues. At the time, I was convinced the issue was likely spotty cell service, but, the card issue kept coming up on the forum, so I changed them all to some used 32gb cards I had. Haven't had that problem since. (Note that the 128gb cards were SanDisk, and the 32gb cards are PNY, and, never had an issue with the 32gb cards filling up)
If they can't reduce the number of these small bugs w/ software or hardware, then consumer info is the next best step.
Don't get me wrong, the pros w/ Cuddelink outweigh the cons, and I'm still happy with the system!

I would agree.
I actually found this website when I was having the typical minor issues w/ my Cuddelink system. Between this forum and JohnV, I've been able to work thru every problem. Point is: it does seem odd to me how cards are consistently blamed for Cuddelink system issues. Like everyone else, I've been using SD cards on game cams, regular cams, data storage, etc, and don't remember ever having an issue with SD cards until this system. I started with 4 128gb cards, and had the occasional transmit lock up issues. At the time, I was convinced the issue was likely spotty cell service, but, the card issue kept coming up on the forum, so I changed them all to some used 32gb cards I had. Haven't had that problem since. (Note that the 128gb cards were SanDisk, and the 32gb cards are PNY, and, never had an issue with the 32gb cards filling up)
If they can't reduce the number of these small bugs w/ software or hardware, then consumer info is the next best step.
Don't get me wrong, the pros w/ Cuddelink outweigh the cons, and I'm still happy with the system!
I also agree, although having a card that is too big has always been a problem for me on most of the cameras I own. The cheaper/older the camera is, the less memory it can handle. I have also had cards lock up cameras (my oldest and most reliable) before, but removing and reinstalling the card resolves it which tells me it is likely a mechanical issue and probably not the case with the Cuddebacks.
I would expect if there is an issue with card size it can be resolved through firmware.

I imagine it would take a few years for me to fill a 128g card on a camera, and months to review.

All I have ever seen Cuddeback has said 32GB max in the K, J and G series. This 256GB, 128GB and 64GB must be for the L series. Is this correct.

you dont need anything larger tan a 16 gb card in any Cuddelink camera, if you cant find one that small larger are ok but you denfinlty dont need or want a 256gb card. Older models cannot take a 256gb most older models, J, k and G max out at 64gb.

All I have ever seen Cuddeback has said 32GB max in the K, J and G series. This 256GB, 128GB and 64GB must be for the L series. Is this correct.

Yeah, the L series advertises up to 256GB. Not only unnecessary, but will cause problems.