Cuddeback cuddelink - not receiving pictures

BFarmer

Buck Fawn
We have a new set of cameras (k and j) I’m very frustrated. I setup- tested at home- worked great. went to land installed I sent tests received those got a few pictures while I was there snapped while I was setting up. Now nothing. No daily report. Before I left I sent one last test. Saw cell was on 7 nodes. Everything looked great.
I have been up there 4 times can’t get this system to work? I have a steady good AT&T signal . Any suggestions? Oh one other thing I started on firMWare 7.9 and couldn’t get it to send past while I was there. I upgraded to gen 2 8.0 that didn’t work didn’t see all cameras would update on website kept saying pending. I scrapped that put them back to 7.9 while setting up all looked good not a single email for 3 days. Help!

I am not an expert by far but I thought they had to be on version 8 to work. I had one cam I hadn’t gotten to that was on 7.9 and wouldn’t transmit through the cell. As soon as I updated to 8.0 it came back on line and has been working flawlessly. Hope you get it sorted out. Love our Cuddeback system.

I am not an expert by far but I thought they had to be on version 8 to work. I had one cam I hadn’t gotten to that was on 7.9 and wouldn’t transmit through the cell. As soon as I updated to 8.0 it came back on line and has been working flawlessly. Hope you get it sorted out. Love our Cuddeback system.
At one point they were all on version 8 and I still wasn’t getting images and then one day they starting sending every 10 minutes 30 images the same images all the time we live 1 1/2 hrs away it went on for a day before I could get there and used all my data. It seems the home camera is not not sending as I said no report even for a couple of days

As I said in another thread my single Dualcell wasn't sending anything for awhile and when I went to check on it it said "Locked". Unlocked after I sent them an email & then days later I was told it was either because there was no cell service those days or data was over the limit. It was neither of those, I'll leave it at that. I'm guessing you had nothing like that on your screen?

Also, even before the 8.0 update it started to change on its own how often it sent the pics. Was set for an hour and it was doing just that for the longest time. Last few weeks before the update it was taking 2+ hours, after the update its been back to around the hour.

We have a new set of cameras (k and j) I’m very frustrated. I setup- tested at home- worked great. went to land installed I sent tests received those got a few pictures while I was there snapped while I was setting up. Now nothing. No daily report. Before I left I sent one last test. Saw cell was on 7 nodes. Everything looked great.
I have been up there 4 times can’t get this system to work? I have a steady good AT&T signal . Any suggestions? Oh one other thing I started on firMWare 7.9 and couldn’t get it to send past while I was there. I upgraded to gen 2 8.0 that didn’t work didn’t see all cameras would update on website kept saying pending. I scrapped that put them back to 7.9 while setting up all looked good not a single email for 3 days. Help!
john volkman will be along and answer all of your questions, he is one of our resident cuddelink experts.

john volkman will be along and answer all of your questions, he is one of our resident cuddelink experts.
I hope so I am so frustrated it’s such a simple system. Don’t know why it is not sending

As I said in another thread my single Dualcell wasn't sending anything for awhile and when I went to check on it it said "Locked". Unlocked after I sent them an email & then days later I was told it was either because there was no cell service those days or data was over the limit. It was neither of those, I'll leave it at that. I'm guessing you had nothing like that on your screen?

Also, even before the 8.0 update it started to change on its own how often it sent the pics. Was set for an hour and it was doing just that for the longest time. Last few weeks before the update it was taking 2+ hours, after the update its been back to around the hour.
Thanks for the info. Everything helps. Cell is always great not an issue, not been locked either. I truly am baffled. It hasn’t sent regularly ever except that days or so it was every 2 hrs the same pictures every time and they were days old. I’m hoping someone can help me. A lot of money invested for cameras that don’t work.

:emoji_thinking:

Thanks for the info. Everything helps. Cell is always great not an issue, not been locked either. I truly am baffled. It hasn’t sent regularly ever except that days or so it was every 2 hrs the same pictures every time and they were days old. I’m hoping someone can help me. A lot of money invested for cameras that don’t work.
Did you run a test on the unit in the location its at?
You are going to need to be at the camera or have it in your hand for someone to help you if you dont have version 8.0 loaded. 8.0 allows us to look at your system remotely and also see if its connecting or if the signal is not strong enough. It sounds like either a cell service issue or you have something wrong with your cell unit. I would get the unit and call cuddeback or pm me your number and when you have your unit or are at the site. Cuddeback has great CS , that is the first place to start. This forum has a lot of users that can help and i monitor it daily if possible but its not the fastest way to get help.
Keep in mind cell service in an area needs to be to the point you can load images online, talking texting etc do not constitute sufficient cell service in regards to transmitting images. If all cameras arent on 8.0 that could also be your issue.

Last edited:

one thing to note if an image isnt in que it wont send on the hour, it will only send an image on the hour if the image is in que before hour occurs , I run mine on one hour but dont get images every hour because often they advent made it to the que or none were taken in that time period.

one thing to note if an image isnt in que it wont send on the hour, it will only send an image on the hour if the image is in que before hour occurs , I run mine on one hour but dont get images every hour because often they advent made it to the que or none were taken in that time period.

But if a pic or pics are taken between lets say 1:10 and 1:45 and it's "set up" to send around each new hour- it should send those around 2:00 then, right? What I was getting was such pics being sent 2-3 hours later. Consistently 2-3 hours later. As I said above after installing 8.0 it's gone back to sending them on the hour.

Have the cam down now..putting it back out in August.

But if a pic or pics are taken between lets say 1:10 and 1:45 and it's "set up" to send around each new hour- it should send those around 2:00 then, right? What I was getting was such pics being sent 2-3 hours later. Consistently 2-3 hours later. As I said above after installing 8.0 it's gone back to sending them on the hour.
this is correct, but there are other factors.
1. 8.0 syncs all the times and dates settings in the network , in 8.0, once you set your home unit's Date and time all the remotes will sync to the same date and time.
2. the images need to be recieved by the home unit prior to the hour and be in que for them to be sent on time. Number of links, distance and total volume of the network can affect how long it takes a remote image to make it to the home units Cell que.
3. 30 is the max in que so anytime the que hits 30-31 images it will transmit regardless of the time setting.

I have found that the transmission of pics from the remotes to the home camera can vary a bit in time. Sometimes it is almost instant and sometimes it takes a while. It seems like when deploying the system and testing it those pics taken right after setup seem to take longer to transmit. Once the system has been running for a while they seem to transmit quicker. Not sure but just a guess that it may take the system a while for everything to get in sync and optimized? Personally for me the need for instant photos isn't that great. One thing I miss with a cell cam is the excitement of getting to go thru a months worth of pics and see what you got when you manually check them.

I really like how I have mine setup now. I have it set on 6hrs so I get pics at Midnight, 6AM, Noon, and 6PM. Then I have it set to send my report twice a day at 9, so I also get pics at 9AM and 9PM. This seems to work well and I don't get a ton of emails per day. I would rather have a few emails per day then having a whole bunch.

Hi John new to the site but have read plenty in the last 6 months. my K cell home is on the 12 D pack I hear you do not run D's in the k cam if your set up this way?
Also seems like I get the same pics sent several times I cleared the sd card on all cams hoping that should help. I hear you speak of clearing cell que's often when you do this will the images be deleted before reaching home? my guess is not but will be cleared after remotes make connection with home cam the pics will be received and then the prompts to clear cell que is given... that is my understanding. Again I don't actually know what clearing the cell que is typically used for but seems to be the process to clear up many things with the system. Could you tell me what the clear cell que was designed for so I know when I need to implement those steps? thanks

Hi John new to the site but have read plenty in the last 6 months. my K cell home is on the 12 D pack I hear you do not run D's in the k cam if your set up this way?
Also seems like I get the same pics sent several times I cleared the sd card on all cams hoping that should help. I hear you speak of clearing cell que's often when you do this will the images be deleted before reaching home? my guess is not but will be cleared after remotes make connection with home cam the pics will be received and then the prompts to clear cell que is given... that is my understanding. Again I don't actually know what clearing the cell que is typically used for but seems to be the process to clear up many things with the system. Could you tell me what the clear cell que was designed for so I know when I need to implement those steps? thanks
yes, its best to not run them in the K with a dual power bank since the voltage will be the same and the camera will have a hard time determining what source to use first.
Cell que is the images in the cell home camera that have been received from the remotes but not sent to your email or text number as of yet. One would clear the cell que when you know there are images in it that you dont want to be sent , thus using up data etc. An example would be a camera that took some unwanted images and you are aware of it. If you had multiple emails of the same images clearing the cell que may help. It also can help to clear the sd card on the home camera.

I have found that the transmission of pics from the remotes to the home camera can vary a bit in time. Sometimes it is almost instant and sometimes it takes a while. It seems like when deploying the system and testing it those pics taken right after setup seem to take longer to transmit. Once the system has been running for a while they seem to transmit quicker. Not sure but just a guess that it may take the system a while for everything to get in sync and optimized? Personally for me the need for instant photos isn't that great. One thing I miss with a cell cam is the excitement of getting to go thru a months worth of pics and see what you got when you manually check them.

I really like how I have mine setup now. I have it set on 6hrs so I get pics at Midnight, 6AM, Noon, and 6PM. Then I have it set to send my report twice a day at 9, so I also get pics at 9AM and 9PM. This seems to work well and I don't get a ton of emails per day. I would rather have a few emails per day then having a whole bunch.
we are working on speeding up the the transmission time from remotes to home. Its in beta testing now and when its complete it will be released if there is a benefit.

yes, its best to not run them in the K with a dual power bank since the voltage will be the same and the camera will have a hard time determining what source to use first.
Cell que is the images in the cell home camera that have been received from the remotes but not sent to your email or text number as of yet. One would clear the cell que when you know there are images in it that you dont want to be sent , thus using up data etc. An example would be a camera that took some unwanted images and you are aware of it. If you had multiple emails of the same images clearing the cell que may help. It also can help to clear the sd card on the home camera.
Thanks, I did clear all SD cards. So technically the only que you need to clear is the home? I can see all remotes have the option as well, so its not needed? I would guess if its a remote that has a few links to get home that would store in que on that remote right?
also on the Cuddeback site I can't find the cable to connect 12 D pack to the K home. I see its a cable with two brown connectors all I see on website is one black end and one brown end type connectors. somehow I lost mine when I moved it.

Question on the k model, is anyone seeing a difference in battery usage if you have the k programmed to receive images and take pictures?
Reason I ask is I dont necessarily need it to take images just to be a home unit.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I did clear all SD cards. So technically the only que you need to clear is the home? I can see all remotes have the option as well, so its not needed? I would guess if its a remote that has a few links to get home that would store in que on that remote right?
also on the Cuddeback site I can't find the cable to connect 12 D pack to the K home. I see its a cable with two brown connectors all I see on website is one black end and one brown end type connectors. somehow I lost mine when I moved it.
if the repetitive images are form one particular remote i would clear that que also.
the cable you need should be on there, they also have a wire wrapped version.

Question on the k model, is anyone seeing a difference in battery usage if you have the k programmed to receive images and take pictures?
Reason I ask is I dont necessarily need it to take images just to be a home unit.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
if you turn the camera delay off on the K you will get longer battery life