Cuddelink L series Q & A

@john volkman How do the cameras decide to link to each other? I have my cameras out in a semi-irregular line, with the first camera in the line being the cell cam. The 3rd camera appears to be connecting to the first camera, despite a low link strength. It's much closer to the second camera. When I did the link test, it reported 50, and assumed it was connected to the second cam. When I look at my current reports, it's now in the upper teens, and by passing the second cam. (I think)
a remote will always connect directly to the home if it can, but will jump thru another camera when needed.this can change by the day or even by the hour. The system is a mesh network that is constantly self adjusting thus the need for consistent power. When you ran the cl level ,it was likely connecting to another remote. I always suggest centralizing the home as much as possible as you will get images faster when doing so. If you cant do this , its ok, but know that is slows things down some when they need to go thru multiple cameras to get home.

I’ve added an L-series black flash to the Cuddelink system. Set up was pretty easy. For new users, be patient, as it took the system over one day to “discover“ the new camera. This is the first Cuddeback camera I have facing south. I have a SpyPoint that is south and it works well. I never got my former Moultries to work in a south direction. Pictures and report to follow.

I'm thinking of getting one and putting over a scrape. I feel like the white flash slowed down the use by mature bucks over that scrape.

@john volkman Any word on ETA for the OOS solar panels?

John, I am not getting pictures from the new L camera after what I thought was a successful deployment and some early pictures.
Do I need to bring it in from the field and update the firmware, or can anything be done remotely?
IMG_0588.png

John, I am not getting pictures from the new L camera after what I thought was a successful deployment and some early pictures.
Do I need to bring it in from the field and update the firmware, or can anything be done remotely?
View attachment 61594
1.7 is the latest firmware but you need to load it at the camera, it cant be done remotely, you can change out the SD card also- if you want to try something remotely change your cmaera delay and add a time lapse delay like 12-24 hours .

1.7 is the latest firmware but you need to load it at the camera, it cant be done remotely, you can change out the SD card also- if you want to try something remotely change your cmaera delay and add a time lapse delay like 12-24 hours .
Any word on what 1.7 fixes/changes? Does Cuddeback publish release notes?

Any word on what 1.7 fixes/changes? Does Cuddeback publish release notes?
some of it involves amount of power an external power source/solar panel delivers to the camera. It affected less than 5% of L cameras. Most common is the IR filter can get stuck as a result. Since you have a black flash, thats not possible but it may help your issue if its power related.

some of it involves amount of power an external power source/solar panel delivers to the camera. It affected less than 5% of L cameras. Most common is the IR filter can get stuck as a result. Since you have a black flash, thats not possible but it may help your issue if its power related.
I have 5 IR L cams on my network. 2/5 have solar panels, one has an external battery, with plans to put solar on all. Sounds like I should update the firmware when I'm at camp next.

I have 5 IR L cams on my network. 2/5 have solar panels, one has an external battery, with plans to put solar on all. Sounds like I should update the firmware when I'm at camp next.
if its convenient for you , yes... i would update all your L series.

John,

Changing the settings got the camera working without going into the field. I'll update the camera soon, but it is nice not having to go out in this weather!

1705435692457.png

@john volkman All of a sudden my cams appear to be offline. I'm guessing I lost connection with the home cam. It's been on for less than a month with new D batteries with an external battery pack. About two weeks ago it was switched to the sun and shade solar panel. It's been very gray in PA for the last few weeks. I don't see the edit option on Camp and in the Cuddeback app, when I try to look at cam settings it tells me no devices are connected. I won't be able to get to the cam for about two more weeks. Thoughts?

1706109947005.png

@john volkman All of a sudden my cams appear to be offline. I'm guessing I lost connection with the home cam. It's been on for less than a month with new D batteries with an external battery pack. About two weeks ago it was switched to the sun and shade solar panel. It's been very gray in PA for the last few weeks. I don't see the edit option on Camp and in the Cuddeback app, when I try to look at cam settings it tells me no devices are connected. I won't be able to get to the cam for about two more weeks. Thoughts?

View attachment 61898
unfortunately if its been off line for more than 48 hours you have to visit the home unit too determine the issue.There will be an error code on the LCD screen if there eis an issue - with below zero temps its hard to guess what caused it to go offline. damage to antenna , panel cable removed or compromised etc. There is nothing you can do online if its not connected to the server.

unfortunately if its been off line for more than 48 hours you have to visit the home unit too determine the issue.There will be an error code on the LCD screen if there eis an issue - with below zero temps its hard to guess what caused it to go offline. damage to antenna , panel cable removed or compromised etc. There is nothing you can do online if its not connected to the server.
Any chance it could have lost power but maybe the sun comes back out and gets enough juice to turn back on? Or will it stay off in that scenario?

Any chance it could have lost power but maybe the sun comes back out and gets enough juice to turn back on? Or will it stay off in that scenario?
no ,once it goes dead it needs to be powered back up and armed. Cuddeback is working on making this a feature now that solar is so popular but its not an easy update - i believe at some point it will be integrated into a firmware update. We have quite a few users that want to use solar without back up batteries in the camera so this is needed.

Any updates you can share?
they arrived this week most dealers will have them next week , they started shipping friday and the rest will go monday

Hello John,
I need your help on a J blk flash cam running 6 d batteries. It was waork fine and all of a sudden it disconnected from ny network and locked up. Now the option for cuddelink menu has dissapeared and I cant do any cell functions. I have removed the batteries and I have reloaded 8 3 0 firmware. Any advice on this issue

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hello John,
I need your help on a J blk flash cam running 6 d batteries. It was waork fine and all of a sudden it disconnected from ny network and locked up. Now the option for cuddelink menu has dissapeared and I cant do any cell functions. I have removed the batteries and I have reloaded 8 3 0 firmware. Any advice on this issue

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
if you reloaded firmware and your sure cudddelink mode is on and not off - you can try a reset under tests as a last resort - if this doesnt work your radio may have went out . if its under warranty then I would suggest sending it in.