Cuddelink L series Q & A

My camera was kind of doing the same thing, it was also only sending one or two images per email. I had the camera aspect set to wide. I changed it to full and I'm now getting better quality images and is sending a lot more images per email.
if it was an L you cant change the aspect, its fixed. Is it an L series? one or two images per email is a sign of something else, oftentimes channel interference with another network., if you are using 01 thru 05 as one of your channels this is common and i recommend using a random channel and separate the numbers by 8 or more. an example is 11-28

if it was an L you cant change the aspect, its fixed. Is it an L series? one or two images per email is a sign of something else, oftentimes channel interference with another network., if you are using 01 thru 05 as one of your channels this is common and i recommend using a random channel and separate the numbers by 8 or more. an example is 11-28
It is an L series camera and I've been using channel 15-30. Tried multiple different cannel configurations from previous conversations with both you and Cuddeback support. I tried multiple new SD cards, different link counts, different email addresses, different camrea/home locations. I was on the brink of sending them both back for repair but for some reason I just changed this one setting and it seemed to start working correctly. Why is there a setting for it on the camera itself if it doesn't do anything? I may change try to change it back to full now and see if it reverts back to what it was doing.

Attachments

• Aspect.JPG
    Aspect.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 17
It is an L series camera and I've been using channel 15-30. Tried multiple different cannel configurations from previous conversations with both you and Cuddeback support. I tried multiple new SD cards, different link counts, different email addresses, different camrea/home locations. I was on the brink of sending them both back for repair but for some reason I just changed this one setting and it seemed to start working correctly. Why is there a setting for it on the camera itself if it doesn't do anything? I may change try to change it back to full now and see if it reverts back to what it was doing.
they need to remove that option but have been working on more important changes online and on the app, Cudde uses an in house programmer instead of indian or pakistan programmers so they are slower getting things changed. AsPect change is avialble in J, K and G series but not the L and it requires a bunch of effort on the site to have specific model changes. So you are still getting 1-2 images per email? if so, what is your cell rate? if you are PM me your log in and password and ill look at your account to see whats up.

they need to remove that option but have been working on more important changes online and on the app, Cudde uses an in house programmer instead of indian or pakistan programmers so they are slower getting things changed. AsPect change is avialble in J, K and G series but not the L and it requires a bunch of effort on the site to have specific model changes. So you are still getting 1-2 images per email? if so, what is your cell rate? if you are PM me your log in and password and ill look at your account to see whats up.
It seems to be working great now and I don't really know what's changed other than this one setting. I just received an email with 25 images from an hour ago. Previously it's almost like the queue was getting backed up or something and it would take all day to send the pictures it took the night before with 1-2 images per email. Weird, but it seems to functioning correctly now. If I have anymore issues I may get back with you. Thanks John.

It seems to be working great now and I don't really know what's changed other than this one setting. I just received an email with 25 images from an hour ago. Previously it's almost like the queue was getting backed up or something and it would take all day to send the pictures it took the night before with 1-2 images per email. Weird, but it seems to functioning correctly now. If I have anymore issues I may get back with you. Thanks John.
On of my six new L cams is still giving me trouble. I’ve tried all the setting changes JohnV suggested earlier and it continues to take pictures of nothing, filling up the queue. I’ve moved this camera 3 times, and even set it up in the garage where wind and shadows cannot be a problem, and it still takes lots of pictures of nothing. The L cameras that took it’s place in the earlier locations are working great. Think it’s a candidate for return.
And like Chriswright83, it only sends 1-2 images per connection, even thought the queue currently has 232 images waiting to send. Something weird about that????

On of my six new L cams is still giving me trouble. I’ve tried all the setting changes JohnV suggested earlier and it continues to take pictures of nothing, filling up the queue. I’ve moved this camera 3 times, and even set it up in the garage where wind and shadows cannot be a problem, and it still takes lots of pictures of nothing. The L cameras that took it’s place in the earlier locations are working great. Think it’s a candidate for return.
And like Chriswright83, it only sends 1-2 images per connection, even thought the queue currently has 232 images waiting to send. Something weird about that????
its normal for the cell to not allow one remote to send all the images and take over the network, its designed to go to each camera in a sequence so as to not allow one remote to be the only one that can send images home for long periods of time . Keep in mind the home can only receive images fromm one remote at a time. And Yes, if you checked all settings and the unit is still taking blanks its time to send it in.

@john volkman what settings are you using on your Ls as far as flash mode and sensitivity?

@john volkman what settings are you using on your Ls as far as flash mode and sensitivity?
on the L series i use the default optimum for flash and on sensitivity i go one level up for default, there are 7 levels with the 4th level being default.

John,

When comparing the old G cams to the L, if my G cams need repairing would you recommend replacing with the new L?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

John,

When comparing the old G cams to the L, if my G cams need repairing would you recommend replacing with the new L?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
i prefer the L over the G , the housing , sensitivity adjustment , and night pictures are better. IF you want the hi res images off the card (especially daytime)then the G may be what you want or if you want white flash then the G is only option right now - the G series cameras will be sold at an aggressive price now since they are discontinued, if you want some of those PM and ill give you somewhere to contact for G series you will need to call them though.

@john volkman hey any update on the blurry pictures on L cameras here another example the first is an old worn out J model and second is new L model these cameras are in the same plot pictures taken 10 minutes apart 16.jpeg

Attachments

• 14.jpeg
    14.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 16
@john volkman hey any update on the blurry pictures on L cameras here another example the first is an old worn out J model and second is new L model these cameras are in the same plot pictures taken 10 minutes apart View attachment 60228
in my experience the L picks up moisture vapor /fog/ humidity more so than the J but with the L you will almost never have a picture with motion blur (I havent see one in 1,000's of pics) so its a trade off, also.... those pictures may be in the same plot but not the same location - direction its facing etc can have an effect on all cameras and images.

If I use the solar panels on my cameras do I need put re-chargeable batteries in the camera or do I need batteries at all in the cameras? Does the solar panel plug directly into the camera?
What's the difference between the PW-003 and PW-3600? According to the description online the only difference is the PW-3600 comes with a tilt mount as opposed to standard mount.

If I use the solar panels on my cameras do I need put re-chargeable batteries in the camera or do I need batteries at all in the cameras? Does the solar panel plug directly into the camera?
What's the difference between the PW-003 and PW-3600? According to the description online the only difference is the PW-3600 comes with a tilt mount as opposed to standard mount.
if you use a Camera that takes 4d you run alkaline in the camera as a back up to the solar, or you can run it empty. The 3600 needs 5+ hours of full sun, the Pw -003 will workin sun or tree canopy, its larger and had two internal batteries instead of 1. You only use rechargeable batteries if the camera is a 12aa camera or 6 d camera (both of those were discontinued several years ago. we now only make 4d cameras and they are designed to work with the solar panels.

I just ordered some new L series cams. Will they come with the latest firmware?

Has Cuddeback considered fixed memory in their cams? I see a lot of trail cam challenges due to memory cards. It seems like a camera maker could work around that with fixed memory, and a mechanism to pull high res pics.

Has Cuddeback considered fixed memory in their cams? I see a lot of trail cam challenges due to memory cards. It seems like a camera maker could work around that with fixed memory, and a mechanism to pull high res pics.
the L comes with firmware that will work with other version on 8.3 but there is an update , pm me your email and ill send you the latest which is 1.7- yours will likely be 1.2 or 1.3

they actually removed internal memory in the newest cameras as that occasionally caused issues.

they actually removed internal memory in the newest cameras as that occasionally caused issues.
Weird. I'd think they could leverage ECC capabilities at scale to do away with the memory card complications.

I pulled the trigger last night on a 4 pack of L series with solar panels. I’ve never used Cuddelink before so here’s to something new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mrs Claus was very good to me this Christmas.......... well everybody chipped into her gift for me. I now have 3 IR "L" Series cameras and a home base to get set up. I will have to wait until tomorrow though for the D batteries as we dont have those in the battery drawer! LOL I will start researching the best place for the solar panels as I am sure they will be the way to got moving forward.

Mrs Claus was very good to me this Christmas.......... well everybody chipped into her gift for me. I now have 3 IR "L" Series cameras and a home base to get set up. I will have to wait until tomorrow though for the D batteries as we dont have those in the battery drawer! LOL I will start researching the best place for the solar panels as I am sure they will be the way to got moving forward.
cell rate 1 hour, make channel random number like 08-16 and set them waist high or lower and you will have success. Solar panels will allow your system perform for years untouched.