Cuddelink L series Q & A

Exciting, i might be a first. I have been running 1 photo rate for over a month and have not noticed any issues. I will try 1 hour. If this speeds things up I will be even more happy.

To make matters worse, I have a couple set to priority.

View attachment 58737

One issue i do have is it looks like it is running on pacific time, but should be mountain. I did my initial setup in pacific time, and now can't change it remotely. Not much of an issue, and should be easy to fix when I get back there.
you need to set date and time on the home unit , it cant be done remotely since commands are not done in real time. once you set the home the remotes will sync with it within 24 hours .

you need to set date and time on the home unit , it cant be done remotely since commands are not done in real time. once you set the home the remotes will sync with it within 24 hours .
Copy, fyi the auto/network time seems to set itself to the time zone the unit is initially activated in, but if it is moved to a different time zone it will not automatically change to that time zone. Or so it appears to me.

Changing my cell rate from 1 pic to 1 hour increased the time to receive pictures. My best for the last dozen is about 1 hour 20 minutes, average looks to be around 2 hours. My best last night was 15 minutes, 30 minutes average. I am going back to the 1 pic rate and confirm my unicorn status., along with this change I am turning off priority (4 cams) and see what happens.

Have you ever seen a picture like this? This is from an L. I got six within two minutes. Elk were in the area, and I was getting clear daylight photos of them 1 hour before. It is well above their heads. I had couple single pics of the same thing a week or so ago. I kind of wonder if it is the filter?
3.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine seems to be sending all the images now. Still not sure why it sends so many emails throughout the night/day with only one or two images if I have the cell rate set to one hour. Is this normal or should it be sending one or a few emails per hour with several images?

Attachments

• Cudde_1.png
    Cudde_1.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Cudde_2.png
    Cudde_2.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Cudde_3.png
    Cudde_3.png
    237.9 KB · Views: 3
Mine seems to be sending all the images now. Still not sure why it sends so many emails throughout the night/day with only one or two images if I have the cell rate set to one hour. Is this normal or should it be sending one or a few emails per hour with several images?
1 hour means it sends each hour no matter if there is 1 image in que or 20, this is best setting since it keeps your que clear so when activity peaks it can keep up , you can move it to 2 or 4 hours if your picture volume is low and you dont want emails with 1 picture in them.

1 hour means it sends each hour no matter if there is 1 image in que or 20, this is best setting since it keeps your que clear so when activity peaks it can keep up , you can move it to 2 or 4 hours if your picture volume is low and you dont want emails with 1 picture in them.
Thanks John. Do you know why sometimes it sends 30 images per email but mostly only sends one or two even if there is several images in the queue? Seems like mine only sends several images per email after I clear the SD and queue then it reverts back to one or two per email.

Thanks John. Do you know why sometimes it sends 30 images per email but mostly only sends one or two even if there is several images in the queue? Seems like mine only sends several images per email after I clear the SD and queue then it reverts back to one or two per email.
do you have priority on? im glad to jump on the phone with you to explain how it should work, pm me your number or ill pm you mine.
30 is the max the cell que can hold, so anytime it hits about 30 images ( this is approx as its a data amount, not pic count)) it sends no matter what your cell rate is. an example is , if your cell rate is set to 1 hour and you get 30 images in the cell que before the hour is up.... it will send, other wise it will wait until the hour is up and send whatever is in the que , regardless if its 1 , 2 , 5 etc images,
Keep in mind the report is not in real time. Its a snap shot of the last time the remotes each connected with home. So if it shows images in the que that doesnt mean at that exact moment, it reads as the last time the cell checked in with the server. On top of that, the remotes could have checked in with the cell hours before that.

Copy, fyi the auto/network time seems to set itself to the time zone the unit is initially activated in, but if it is moved to a different time zone it will not automatically change to that time zone. Or so it appears to me.

Changing my cell rate from 1 pic to 1 hour increased the time to receive pictures. My best for the last dozen is about 1 hour 20 minutes, average looks to be around 2 hours. My best last night was 15 minutes, 30 minutes average. I am going back to the 1 pic rate and confirm my unicorn status., along with this change I am turning off priority (4 cams) and see what happens.

Have you ever seen a picture like this? This is from an L. I got six within two minutes. Elk were in the area, and I was getting clear daylight photos of them 1 hour before. It is well above their heads. I had couple single pics of the same thing a week or so ago. I kind of wonder if it is the filter?
View attachment 58753

Maybe a sasquatch eyeball? lol I've gotten so many pics of cows and deer sticking their face right in the camera, or licking it. Doesn't matter how well i hide the cam.
I know yours is too high for all that. With my new L cams, I've been getting the occasional foggy pic out of the blue, but not a foggy as this one is.

@john volkman hey John may have an issue with couple L model settings? First two are from Ls and last one is from a G about 300’ away from one of the L about same time the Ls sent clear day time pictures this is the first night pictures since I set these out today 5.jpeg23.jpeg22.jpeg

@john volkman hey John may have an issue with couple L model settings? First two are from Ls and last one is from a G about 300’ away from one of the L about same time the Ls sent clear day time pictures this is the first night pictures since I set these out today View attachment 59102View attachment 59103View attachment 59104
i would monitor it but if daytime are clear and a few nighttime are not, its likely moisture related /fog/dew or frost (if morning) if it continues and all night pics are like that send it in for replacement- the L uses different technology for night pics, there is almost zero motion blur but it is more sensitive to high humidity.

Yes I just think it’s odd that the frost or moister affected the Ls and not the Gs if that was the problem…have they had any know issues with the seals cause I just send and L in that was full of water only 6 months old? It looked like it was just sitting in a bucket of water when I took it off the tree

Yes I just think it’s odd that the frost or moister affected the Ls and not the Gs if that was the problem…have they had any know issues with the seals cause I just send and L in that was full of water only 6 months old? It looked like it was just sitting in a bucket of water when I took it off the tree
I have not seen any water issues, i run 70 L series and we just had a major rain event and none of them had any leakage. I have seen Js in the past with bad seals but yours would be the first L series.

I have not seen any water issues, i run 70 L series and we just had a major rain event and none of them had any leakage. I have seen Js in the past with bad seals but yours would be the first L series.
Ok thanks for the info makes be feel better sense I have two more Ls on the way

Hi all, just got 4 new L series cams. After testing them out in the garage I found one that is not detecting motion. Swapped out the batteries and sd card for new. Also tried the reboot but no change. Anyone seeing this or have an idea how to correct?

Hi all, just got 4 new L series cams. After testing them out in the garage I found one that is not detecting motion. Swapped out the batteries and sd card for new. Also tried the reboot but no change. Anyone seeing this or have an idea how to correct?
The only thing I can think is check the delay, and check to see if it is showing "dwell", which means it is waiting before another picture is taken.

^^^Good idea...maybe see if that fresnel lens looks different that the other units, too. Have had my fair share of issues, but not that

Isn't there a sensor test under the test menu also?

Isn't there a sensor test under the test menu also?
Thanks for the input. Yes i tried the sensor test but still not working. The other 3 worked fine. I armed the camera just to see if it would take a pic anyway thinking maybe the sensor test light wasn't working but still not working. Ive never seen this on any of my J or G cams. Just thought maybe i had missed something with the new L series settings?

@john volkman so got a good night picture off one then one later with frost on the lens I guess is there anything I can wipe on the lense to combat this? Seems the Ls are more prone to this maybe than the Gs and Js 6.jpeg30.jpeg

@john volkman so got a good night picture off one then one later with frost on the lens I guess is there anything I can wipe on the lense to combat this? Seems the Ls are more prone to this maybe than the Gs and Js View attachment 59154View attachment 59155
we have had a few reports of this type of image (halo like above) and are working towards a solution , as soon as i have answer ill update. Im not 100% that the above image is even frost related (i have seen some frost or moisture related images like always) but this may be a filter issue. It may be simple as a firmware update if it is.

My camera was kind of doing the same thing, it was also only sending one or two images per email. I had the camera aspect set to wide. I changed it to full and I'm now getting better quality images and is sending a lot more images per email.