Cuddelink L series Q & A

cell rate 1 hour, make channel random number like 08-16 and set them waist high or lower and you will have success. Solar panels will allow your system perform for years untouched.

Unless a deer chews the power cable…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless a deer chews the power cable…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
metal wrapped solar cable is a great accessory, we went to those on several farms where coon chewing oour cables were an issue. At home I rarely have an issue but other places they are a must.

Ok I have my cameras all powered up, channels set the same. Waiting here in the house to verify that they are taking pictures and transmitting them through the system before I go place them.

Do the individual cameras send to the home camera every time they take a picture? Is there a delay for the camera to send pictures to the HOME camera? I think I have the HOME camera set to transmit the photos every hour.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Ok I have my cameras all powered up, channels set the same. Waiting here in the house to verify that they are taking pictures and transmitting them through the system before I go place them.

Do the individual cameras send to the home camera every time they take a picture? Is there a delay for the camera to send pictures to the HOME camera? I think I have the HOME camera set to transmit the photos every hour.

Thank you!
yes they send based on the camera delay, so if the home isnt in the act of receiving pics from another remote, or transmitting images to the server - the remote will send them immediately.

I got them deployed this afternoon, they seemed to all be working fine in the house. Cell link strength was 99 on 2 of the 3 and 75 on the remaining one. I figured link strength would be no issue as we only have just under 90 acres and the HOME is pretty much centered on the property. Now the wait begins LOL!

Reactions: 356
I got them deployed this afternoon, they seemed to all be working fine in the house. Cell link strength was 99 on 2 of the 3 and 75 on the remaining one. I figured it link strength would be no issue as we only have just under 90 acres and the HOME is pretty much centered on the property. Now the wait begins LOL!
wooded terrain typical range is about 400 yds but more open terrain in the winter it can be much longer. So you can likely reach both ends of your property with home in the center, elevation can play a role too.

wooded terrain typical range is about 400 yds but more open terrain in the winter it can be much longer. So you can likely reach both ends of your property with home in the center, elevation can play a role too.
All the cameras will be in lower areas, the HOME sets on top of a hill. No hills between the remote cameras and the HOME.

Got my 1st pictures last night already. Its a cool deal! LOL I noticed this issue yesterday when setting things up in the house. It doesnt show me all the images in CAMP though I can see all of them in my email. Why do they not all show in CAMP and is there a way to change that. They eventually do show up and I think I clicked on something yesterday to get them to show all at once, but now of course I cant remember how I did that (if I actually did). The refresh button after "shown" does not put the rest of the pictures on the screen.

cuddelink does edit.png

Its the filters up top. Clear all the filters and more will show. When I open mine, it automatically puts a date filter on there. Keeps only the most current photos visible at first.

Attachments

• CAMP Before Filters Removed.png
    CAMP Before Filters Removed.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 15
  • CAMP After Filters Removed.png
    CAMP After Filters Removed.png
    353.6 KB · Views: 14
Its the filters up top. Clear all the filters and more will show. When I open mine, it automatically puts a date filter on there. Keeps only the most current photos visible at first.
But know if you have 10,000 images and remove the date filter, depending on your internet connection, it could take a while for all of them to load up.

But know if you have 10,000 images and remove the date filter, depending on your internet connection, it could take a while for all of them to load up.
If I have 10,000 images I am going to kill every F'n squirrel within 10 miles of my place! LOL
I know what you mean though. I have yet to decide if I will keep files on the Cuddeback server. I will probably just download the ones I want to my laptop and replace the cards in the cameras when they are close to full with a new card.

Very true. You can also adjust the date range. I tried to keep up with picture management at first, but gave up. They are all still on the cards anyway. Every picture I have shared on this site was actually downloaded from the email that I get every hour.

I get my emails every 4 hours and then categorize nice bucks, coyotes, raccoons, birds of prey, and a very few others. They add up quickly.

And don’t trust the server forever. Download them every so often. I’ve lost som important pics trusting the server, and cuddy can (will?) only get them back if you notice the first day they are gone.

I just activated my new cams. It doesn't look like the L series remotes are connecting to my G series home. (G series is new too) It's set to home mode and 001. Send pics 1 hour. (Just changed cell report to 4 per day, just during setup purposes) I ran the cell test and it emailed me the test image.

Cam2 is set to 002 and cam3 is set to 003. 002 is on 1.4 firmware a few hundred yards across the neighborhood. 003 is in my office with 1.6 firmware and 99 link strength. It's been 2+ hours and I don't have any pics from either cam, since I updated firmware and validated the link strength. When should I expect them?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231227-182311.png
    Screenshot_20231227-182311.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20231227-182327.png
    Screenshot_20231227-182327.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 14
I just activated my new cams. It doesn't look like the L series remotes are connecting to my G series home. (G series is new too) It's set to home mode and 001. Send pics 1 hour. (Just changed cell report to 4 per day, just during setup purposes) I ran the cell test and it emailed me the test image.

Cam2 is set to 002 and cam3 is set to 003. 002 is on 1.4 firmware a few hundred yards across the neighborhood. 003 is in my office with 1.6 firmware and 99 link strength. It's been 2+ hours and I don't have any pics from either cam, since I updated firmware and validated the link strength. When should I expect them?
are you sure there is pictures on those cams to be sent? , if so check your junk file and if using text check camp to see if images are in camp photos . The L series need to send pics and connect ot the home to show up in camp.also never use channel 01- always use a random number, i tell people to stay away from -01-05 channel numbers. what camera delay is your L series set on?

There are pics on the L cams to be sent. I'll double check the delay settings in the am. Not using text, just email and checking the camp app/website. I'll move them off of the current channels 1-10 setting.

There are pics on the L cams to be sent. I'll double check the delay settings in the am. Not using text, just email and checking the camp app/website. I'll move them off of the current channels 1-10 setting.
I checked the home G cam this am. I ran a cell test and took forever. Finally failed with 060 error. I pulled the batteries and ran another and it succeeded. I pulled the card, and it looks like it started having cell issues yesterday. There were pics from one of the L cams on the card in the queue. I did change the channels. We will see what happens now.

I checked the home G cam this am. I ran a cell test and took forever. Finally failed with 060 error. I pulled the batteries and ran another and it succeeded. I pulled the card, and it looks like it started having cell issues yesterday. There were pics from one of the L cams on the card in the queue. I did change the channels. We will see what happens now.
next time you are there i would move the cell unit a short distance and see if you can get more consistent signal/test success

next time you are there i would move the cell unit a short distance and see if you can get more consistent signal/test success
It finally worked. These are being tested in my backyard so there's plenty of cell service.

@john volkman How do the cameras decide to link to each other? I have my cameras out in a semi-irregular line, with the first camera in the line being the cell cam. The 3rd camera appears to be connecting to the first camera, despite a low link strength. It's much closer to the second camera. When I did the link test, it reported 50, and assumed it was connected to the second cam. When I look at my current reports, it's now in the upper teens, and by passing the second cam. (I think)