Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I have a few cameras that keep sending pictures at a certain time everyday. 10 minutes apart for like 30 minutes to an hour. The surveillance and time-lapse appear to be off. Any tips from anyone would be appreciated.
I've had a couple cameras that during certain times of the year, when the sun is filtering through the branches just right, and the wind is blowing those branches enough, get triggered and take pictures of the sunlight patterns changing on the forest floor. Not sure if this is your issue but thought I'd mention it.

I have a new G series camera that is my home camera. It is sending out pictures from my other cameras but it is not sending/taking any pictures on it. Does anyone have any idea how I messed it up when I set it up?
Thanks

I have a new G series camera that is my home camera. It is sending out pictures from my other cameras but it is not sending/taking any pictures on it. Does anyone have any idea how I messed it up when I set it up?
Thanks
what is the camera delay set at one the G cell unit?

45 seconds

? change remote to repeater ?
One of my LL2A was being used as a camera and a repeater. It was set as "remote". Now a twig has blown down in front of the sensor and I'm getting lots of pics. If I change the setting online from "remote" to "repeater", will that turn off the camera but still allow repeater functionality?

? change remote to repeater ?
One of my LL2A was being used as a camera and a repeater. It was set as "remote". Now a twig has blown down in front of the sensor and I'm getting lots of pics. If I change the setting online from "remote" to "repeater", will that turn off the camera but still allow repeater functionality?
you can do that or you can just go into advanced and turn the camera delay to "off"

I finally got two blackflash units up and running and I have to say I think I like the low glow are better. I find the night images with blackflash to be more grainy with less illumination range, which should be expected. I am not sure it matters much to the animals.

I finally got two blackflash units up and running and I have to say I think I like the low glow are better. I find the night images with blackflash to be more grainy with less illumination range, which should be expected. I am not sure it matters much to the animals.
I agree 100%, I will never buy another black flash unit.

I don't have good comparison photos yet and I am sure this has already been beat to death, but

LL3A in twilight.
LL3a_deer_run.jpeg

The range and resolve of the LL2A is impressive to me. Especially considering that the foreground isn't washing it out, but I suppose the difference isn't huge..
LL2a_dark_elk.jpeg

@ 80ft
LL2a_dark_cat.jpeg

LL4A whiteflash? Maybe?

Last edited:
Had a bear break off the genius mount portion from the back of one of my G-series cameras. See pic. I just ordered a part from Cuddeback in Wisconsin......but I am uncertain if this part just attaches with screws? ....or if part of it is molded to that back door. Anyone done a replacement on these brackets?

I do remember reading that some folks recommended that you use the lower cost plastic Genius mounts.....as that will be the sacrificial part if a bear breaks it off. I had a metal genius mount.....and sure enough the section on the camera was broken off.....but the metal genius mount is in tact. I think it's easier to deal with a mount than the camera.

I am assuming I just remove the two screws shown.....install the replacement plastic plate and replace the screws. Right?? If so....I'd say this mount is genius.

I now have about 1000 pictures of partly cloudy skies. Geesh.

tempImager5bXxE.jpg

Had a bear break off the genius mount portion from the back of one of my G-series cameras. See pic. I just ordered a part from Cuddeback in Wisconsin......but I am uncertain if this part just attaches with screws? ....or if part of it is molded to that back door. Anyone done a replacement on these brackets?

I do remember reading that some folks recommended that you use the lower cost plastic Genius mounts.....as that will be the sacrificial part if a bear breaks it off. I had a metal genius mount.....and sure enough the section on the camera was broken off.....but the metal genius mount is in tact. I think it's easier to deal with a mount than the camera.

I am assuming I just remove the two screws shown.....install the replacement plastic plate and replace the screws. Right?? If so....I'd say this mount is genius.

I now have about 1000 pictures of partly cloudy skies. Geesh.

View attachment 65166
you can replace this , it was actually designed to break away instead of breaking the entire battery compartment.

Not sending pics to phone...
I was running my G series Home with a couple remotes, sending pics to my email and text to 3 phone numbers. Worked fine. I think, maybe, I turned something off somewhere so the other recipients wouldn't have to watch me make a 100 trips seeding the gamepatch. I think that's what I did. So now, the cameras are still working, I can see the images on CAMP, but I can't figure out how to get the daily texting to go again. My Device screen shows the list of recipients. 4 addresses total. Is there some simple selection that turns texting on/off?
It's frustrating getting old.

Not sending pics to phone...
I was running my G series Home with a couple remotes, sending pics to my email and text to 3 phone numbers. Worked fine. I think, maybe, I turned something off somewhere so the other recipients wouldn't have to watch me make a 100 trips seeding the gamepatch. I think that's what I did. So now, the cameras are still working, I can see the images on CAMP, but I can't figure out how to get the daily texting to go again. My Device screen shows the list of recipients. 4 addresses total. Is there some simple selection that turns texting on/off?
It's frustrating getting old.
if you have verizon as your phone provider , text is not available anymore, Verizon recently reclassified spam and their filters now block images when texted from the cuddeback server. Verizon has refused to change their spam filter classifications so as a result the text option is no longer available. Your options are- the Cuddeback app which you can set your phone up for notifications , email or camp. Cuddeback has and is trying to come up with a resolution but i highly doubt it will change. I dont know of any other cell camera manufacturer that offers text option and Cuddeback likely wont be going forward.

if you have verizon as your phone provider , text is not available anymore, Verizon recently reclassified spam and their filters now block images when texted from the cuddeback server. Verizon has refused to change their spam filter classifications so as a result the text option is no longer available. Your options are- the Cuddeback app which you can set your phone up for notifications , email or camp. Cuddeback has and is trying to come up with a resolution but i highly doubt it will change. I dont know of any other cell camera manufacturer that offers text option and Cuddeback likely wont be going forward.
Thank you for the quick and technical response. I'm glad I posted here rather than continuing the hours of reading manuals. I really thought I had turned something off. Losing text ability is real bummer in my situation, as my hosts and landowners are not computer types, and barely cellphone types. They (90 yr father/owner and his 2 sons) have totally enjoyed getting the regular text pics, calling each other "hey did you see that bear pic from last night", calling me - it's just been a great community. And something I could share with them as partial gratitude for hunting on their 300 acre farm.
They don't have computers in their houses, and the mostly retired sons don't even go in to their work computers very often. Looks like I'll have to get the Cudde app on their phones. But they'll be logging in with my info, right? and could accidentally change settings? Does Cudde have a password level thing, where others can see my pics without access to camera settings?
Thanks again for the discussion.

Thank you for the quick and technical response. I'm glad I posted here rather than continuing the hours of reading manuals. I really thought I had turned something off. Losing text ability is real bummer in my situation, as my hosts and landowners are not computer types, and barely cellphone types. They (90 yr father/owner and his 2 sons) have totally enjoyed getting the regular text pics, calling each other "hey did you see that bear pic from last night", calling me - it's just been a great community. And something I could share with them as partial gratitude for hunting on their 300 acre farm.
They don't have computers in their houses, and the mostly retired sons don't even go in to their work computers very often. Looks like I'll have to get the Cudde app on their phones. But they'll be logging in with my info, right? and could accidentally change settings? Does Cudde have a password level thing, where others can see my pics without access to camera settings?
Thanks again for the discussion.
it would be tough for them to change settings if all they are doing is viewing pics, you will need to give them your log in and password , no way around that - the beauty is they can open the app and hit refresh and see pics whenever they want. its as easy as scrolling down on the phone

it would be tough for them to change settings if all they are doing is viewing pics, you will need to give them your log in and password , no way around that - the beauty is they can open the app and hit refresh and see pics whenever they want. its as easy as scrolling down on the phone
^That is how I have been reviewing my pics lately. I had them going to my email.....but that is lots of emails to delete each day. I find it's easy to go to the Cudde site....and then I get an automatic log-in to my camp account where I can look at "recent" pics by date.

I prefer this set up.....and may change my family members when we meet over the 4th of July.

Thanks for the encouragement. Dogs can learn tricks, and they have grandchildren to help them.
So when I look at them on my phone, the pic is in landscape form on my upright screen, meaning it's pretty small. toolbar at the bottom. I rotate the phone to landscape, to get a bigger picture, but the toolbar takes up so much space on landscape that the pic still isn't very big. Is there a way to hide the toolbar / go fullscreen and just use arrow buttons? The pics viewed on the text format are much larger.

Thanks for the encouragement. Dogs can learn tricks, and they have grandchildren to help them.
So when I look at them on my phone, the pic is in landscape form on my upright screen, meaning it's pretty small. toolbar at the bottom. I rotate the phone to landscape, to get a bigger picture, but the toolbar takes up so much space on landscape that the pic still isn't very big. Is there a way to hide the toolbar / go fullscreen and just use arrow buttons? The pics viewed on the text format are much larger.
ooooo.......I see the issue. I wait to look on my laptop rather than my phone. I dont do much on my phone....eyesight is too weak for that......and my fingers are too big and clumsy.