Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I didn't charge them ahead of time. I didn't open the box till I was way hey out in the woods, then I saw the instructions it might need charging if it's been stored awhile. But it will be months before I make another trip, so I put it up in hopes that it would catch up. We're getting those first brilliant clear fall days this week. I hope that's enough.
I deployed some without a full charge too, and they did catch up. I think it's mainly an issue if they are only getting marginal light. Turning the settings down so that it is taking minimal pictures and doing minimal transmission for a couple days can help.

How do you save the settings in the phone app? When I make changes using the phone app, sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't. I make the changes and then click on the next camera or click on the device button. When I go back in it does not show the change pending. If I make the change using a PC and CAMP the change shows pending in the app. Make the change in the app, it does not show pending in the app or camp.
Also, why do we not have a choice of "auto" under delay settings on CAMP?

Are the L-Link black flash camera out yet?

How do you save the settings in the phone app? When I make changes using the phone app, sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't. I make the changes and then click on the next camera or click on the device button. When I go back in it does not show the change pending. If I make the change using a PC and CAMP the change shows pending in the app. Make the change in the app, it does not show pending in the app or camp.
Also, why do we not have a choice of "auto" under delay settings on CAMP?
they are adding features and working on the app, for now i would use camp for changes if you want consistency .
You dont need to save in the app just go to the next camera or menu and it should save. . Know that aspectmchanges on camp is not working currently and you cant change that on an L series , its locked in to the size it is. Auto delay for now is only on the l series and you need to set it on the camera itself, it iewll eventually be on both when a firmware update adds it.

My phone app (android) keeps crashing as of 30 minutes ago. Uninstalled and reinstalled, cannot log in now. Tried resetting password and it keeps crashing so i cannot reset it.

Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: app is back up and running. Not sure what happened.

Last edited:
what to do with a white strobe camera?
Hey, I was pleased to get another G-5109 on order so I could start a second network. But when it showed up it's a 5109 box but the camera inside doesn't have cell antennae. I called Cudde and got a lady who was already having a bad day. She did say the serial number confirms it's a G series. then she said "it doesn't matter which one - they're all the same". Well, I said, I thought the brochure (which isn't on the website any more) had 4 models. "well", she said, "there's a lot more than 4 models of G. There's more than 10." Uhm, but I thought you said they were all alike... She couldn't i.d. the model based on any markings or numbers, and she couldn't give me any visual clues to figure it out. She just kept insisting that they were all alike and just to use it. Well, I said, I don't understand how it can work without the cell paddle antennae? Right? Then she said the easiest way to figure it out is to take a picture. okay. So...what about the picture? So, yeah, gave up on her. Found an old pdf of the 15 page flyer and based on the model photographs, it's a G-5086 double barrel strobe. "2 1-inch xenon flash tubes" That's pretty obvious. Not LEDs. Dunno why the lady at the office couldn't help figure that out.
So should I send it back, or keep it for variety's sake? I haven't tried any white flash cams. I do need more repeaters to reach my preferred hot spots. I paid $155 for this guy, and I can get the new LL-2A for 170. Which would y'all rather have for a remote? a G white flash for 155 or an IR LL-2A for 170? Please advise.

Hey, I was pleased to get another G-5109 on order so I could start a second network. But when it showed up it's a 5109 box but the camera inside doesn't have cell antennae. I called Cudde and got a lady who was already having a bad day. She did say the serial number confirms it's a G series. then she said "it doesn't matter which one - they're all the same". Well, I said, I thought the brochure (which isn't on the website any more) had 4 models. "well", she said, "there's a lot more than 4 models of G. There's more than 10." Uhm, but I thought you said they were all alike... She couldn't i.d. the model based on any markings or numbers, and she couldn't give me any visual clues to figure it out. She just kept insisting that they were all alike and just to use it. Well, I said, I don't understand how it can work without the cell paddle antennae? Right? Then she said the easiest way to figure it out is to take a picture. okay. So...what about the picture? So, yeah, gave up on her. Found an old pdf of the 15 page flyer and based on the model photographs, it's a G-5086 double barrel strobe. "2 1-inch xenon flash tubes" That's pretty obvious. Not LEDs. Dunno why the lady at the office couldn't help figure that out.
So should I send it back, or keep it for variety's sake? I haven't tried any white flash cams. I do need more repeaters to reach my preferred hot spots. I paid $155 for this guy, and I can get the new LL-2A for 170. Which would y'all rather have for a remote? a G white flash for 155 or an IR LL-2A for 170? Please advise.
this shouldn't happen, PM me who you talked to and your contact info and ill have someone call you to help fix this.

I'm running almost 60 cameras on our farm. Mostly Gs, with a dozen or so Js, and two new Ls. Two of the Gs are strobes, and they have been fine. The main advantage of an L over the G (or J) is compartment integrity. We've lost several Gs to ant intrusion. The little buggers get in there and short out the boards. So for a $15 difference - my opinion is get the new L.

update! The eBay seller just refunded me 100$ and told me to keep the camera. So I've got a G-5086, I think, for $55 net. Yes, at that price I'll buy a G box and put this baby in the woods. I already have an 003 solar for it.
Things are looking up.

update! The eBay seller just refunded me 100$ and told me to keep the camera. So I've got a G-5086, I think, for $55 net. Yes, at that price I'll buy a G box and put this baby in the woods. I already have an 003 solar for it.
Things are looking up.
Here is a sample from one of our strobe cameras last night……

IMG_0383.jpeg

Here is a sample from one of our strobe cameras last night……

View attachment 57875
What are your thoughts on how bucks respond to the white flash? I feel like some care and some don't. It seems like you will get some that will just continue to feed or move through the area and other bucks who get spooked and are pretty much never seen again.

A couple months ago I added solar panels to my Home and only Remote. The daily text reports always said that one has "Battery: external ok" and the other is "Battery: external low" (I didn't precharge the solar before taking to the woods). The internet site shows the same thing. Now I'm looking at my phone app for the first time, and it has a selection for External Power, and it says "none". wuzzup widat? other choices are "solar" and "battery". It should be set on External / Battery, right? why is it showing different from the website?

What are your thoughts on how bucks respond to the white flash? I feel like some care and some don't. It seems like you will get some that will just continue to feed or move through the area and other bucks who get spooked and are pretty much never seen again.
I think you are right. Some care and some do not. This guy is back again, so does not seem to care at all.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 095818.png

A couple months ago I added solar panels to my Home and only Remote. The daily text reports always said that one has "Battery: external ok" and the other is "Battery: external low" (I didn't precharge the solar before taking to the woods). The internet site shows the same thing. Now I'm looking at my phone app for the first time, and it has a selection for External Power, and it says "none". wuzzup widat? other choices are "solar" and "battery". It should be set on External / Battery, right? why is it showing different from the website?
what you are referring to on the app is in the notes section, that is for your use to enter what you have for external power( in that cell)- it doesnt auto populate.

what you are referring to on the app is in the notes section, that is for your use to enter what you have for external power( in that cell)- it doesnt auto populate.
I like to use the "notes" cell to note battery voltages from photo metadata to see how it's keeping up, at least initially.
This is probably a good place to point out that the metadata from pics showing percent of external battery is based on 9v being 100%. Well the solar units with the 8.4v battery will never and should never read 100% or 9v. 75% is about the best I expect.

Things are looking up.

I should say so, a $300 camera for $55.
I have one strobe so far and really like it. A flash of white light happens in nature, not nearly as spooky as a red glow, which they can see, contrary to what some folks believe.
Strobe gives lots of details even on thumbnails.

Any thoughts on losing all of the remotes cameras for a few days. They were working fine. Replaces some batteries. Move a couple cameras a short distance to better sign. They worked for a day or two then went Mia. Then, without changing anything they showed back up. Home cell camera is in a 30’ gun tower on a ridge in the middle of the remotes. We haven’t had issues with signal other years. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0A6DB1C8-5806-4257-B531-84B493DB1F04.png
    0A6DB1C8-5806-4257-B531-84B493DB1F04.png
    476.3 KB · Views: 8
Any thoughts on losing all of the remotes cameras for a few days. They were working fine. Replaces some batteries. Move a couple cameras a short distance to better sign. They worked for a day or two then went Mia. Then, without changing anything they showed back up. Home cell camera is in a 30’ gun tower on a ridge in the middle of the remotes. We haven’t had issues with signal other years. Thanks!
I think they just a bit of time to reconfigure the network. I know from watching mine that even days after setting up or changing a location they can be seen swapping links around, I assume to find the best and most direct route back to home. I have watched some cameras start with two links, and after some time they are going direct to home, even with a weak (below 20) signal, which I think is good.

is your home in a somewhat central location to the remotes? is it possible you have multiple cameras linking thru the camera with the lowest link level ? next time you deploy separate your channel numbers. Dont have them so close , an example would be 16-31 instead of 16-17

is your home in a somewhat central location to the remotes? is it possible you have multiple cameras linking thru the camera with the lowest link level ? next time you deploy separate your channel numbers. Dont have them so close , an example would be 16-31 instead of 16-17
Yes- it’s very central and on a high ridge in the middle of a large field.