Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I have a couple of gs that are in need of replacement due to the link caps antenna threads being damaged. Any idea if there are still parts to fix these around before I call cs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of gs that are in need of replacement due to the link caps antenna threads being damaged. Any idea if there are still parts to fix these around before I call cs?

i dont believe they have extra caps, if they can remove the antenna threads they may be able to replace but they would likely need to see the cameras, i would call them to find out

Can one camp account have two active home networks receiving and displaying images? If so, could they be on the same channel if they’re in different regions?
Yes, two systems 45 miles apart. I even have cams I plug and play back and forth. One acts up at lease, I pull one from house and swap, get trouble maker home where I can keep eye on it. None duplicate location IDs.

what cell network does WalMart use?
I want to share photos with the generous personage who allows me to hunt his farm. He has a cellphone, and he shares photographs by text, so I know it would work. But when I add his number to my CuddeCamp mailing list, they ask for who-fer the cell carrier is. My host has no idea which network his phone is on. Just says he got it at Wal-Mart. I've tried a couple of the biggies, and ones mentioned elsewhere, without success. Does anybody know what cell carrier(s) WalMart uses?
thanks!

I want to share photos with the generous personage who allows me to hunt his farm. He has a cellphone, and he shares photographs by text, so I know it would work. But when I add his number to my CuddeCamp mailing list, they ask for who-fer the cell carrier is. My host has no idea which network his phone is on. Just says he got it at Wal-Mart. I've tried a couple of the biggies, and ones mentioned elsewhere, without success. Does anybody know what cell carrier(s) WalMart uses?
thanks!
you have him load the app and he can view them that way, regarding the cell provider -typically we have people choose verizon when they dont have one listed but i would also tell him to look at his bill to determine who the provider is.

thanks!

There are several places to look on phone to see Carrier. Under settings there should be something like "about phone" or under connections, "show network", mine displays on initial screen.

I believe it is a RP-SMA connector and if there is a HAM radio group around, someone in group could fix it. In old days it would be as simple as trip to Radio Shack.

I have a strobe G camera that takes runaway pictures when on external battery. It works correctly on 4D internals only. Customer support advised me last fall not to send the camera in because no units were available to replace my camera. Is there any time frame to expect a replacement unit to be available?
I see cuddeback showing G5048 strobe non-link cameras in stock. Your link cap stuck on top of one of those could replace it.

There are several places to look on phone to see Carrier. Under settings there should be something like "about phone" or under connections, "show network", mine displays on initial screen.
Yeah, I need to head over and visit in person. He's not very electronicallistically oriented, so I doubt he can find it and tell me.
He would be able to see them if we put the Cudde app on his phone, but then he could also accidentally do other stuff as well.
If he used email regularly that would be a better option, big screen and all. But no joy there either. Looks like I have a good excuse for a summer visit to check his phone.

Hi looking for a little help. I purchased a new pw-3563 and am trying to hook it up to a new pw-003. The yellow plug on the battery booster seems smaller then all the other C2 plugs. Am I missing something, I don’t see ant other plugs I can purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi looking for a little help. I purchased a new pw-3563 and am trying to hook it up to a new pw-003. The yellow plug on the battery booster seems smaller then all the other C2 plugs. Am I missing something, I don’t see ant other plugs I can purchase.

to use the 3563 with solar you need the 3600 , its yellow to yellow, they both have a yellow port, You dont need a 3563 with a PW-003 a pw-003 will run any camera or cell unit year around on its own with 4 d alkaline in the camera as back up.

Thanks John good to know I’ll see if I can send it back!

John,

Can you recommend someone that sell the 7.2v Nimh rechargeable batteries for the pw-3600 solar panels. I have sent an email to cuddeback but got no reply.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

John,

Can you recommend someone that sell the 7.2v Nimh rechargeable batteries for the pw-3600 solar panels. I have sent an email to cuddeback but got no reply.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
farmstead outdoors has them in stock

thanks!
Most likely ATT

Is there an ability to check the battery voltage on the cell home remotely?

Is there an ability to check the battery voltage on the cell home remotely?
exact voltage - not really- the report tells you if its on external or not ,and if its low or good on the external or internal - battery level can fluctuate with temps and conditions - depending on your set up i can give you some expected days that they will run before needing a change.

exact voltage - not really- the report tells you if its on external or not ,and if its low or good on the external or internal - battery level can fluctuate with temps and conditions - depending on your set up i can give you some expected days that they will run before needing a change.
Thanks, that would be helpful to know. I have it on a 3600 solar within a tree canopy and wanted to see how it is keeping up. A number of my installations are pretty well shaded most of the day and I expected to need to upgrade to SNS, but so far the 3600 seems to be keeping up.

Actually yes, but with rechargeable batteries in panel, voltage isn't indicator of charge. There was discussion of something like meta data in the photos and a program (app) that would display a line of data which includes voltage.

Actually yes, but with rechargeable batteries in panel, voltage isn't indicator of charge. There was discussion of something like meta data in the photos and a program (app) that would display a line of data which includes voltage.
I read that, and have been referencing the metadata in the comments of the photo file properties for the cameras, but the cell home does not seem to have anyway to access it. I thought maybe doing the test photo would do it, but it does not have the same metadata.
No big deal, i am just going to set cell home to the most power hungry settings as a sort of stress test. I want to be sure the system is solid going in to winter.