Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Tracks Cameras are L series, the images will be the same on Tracks and Cuddelinks as they use the same camera and components . Only difference is that all of the Tracks that have shipped so far have been Black flash and all the Cuddelink L series shipped so far have been IR. I posted some images on the threads here as well. There will be an update coming for the L that will tweak daytime images a bit. Night images wont change.
Do you have an ETA on the Black Flash L cameras?

Move this to the new thread. He created one just for the L series questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoping for early summer right now on black flash. Another shipment Of IR is arriving first in may.

I have a strobe G camera that takes runaway pictures when on external battery. It works correctly on 4D internals only. Customer support advised me last fall not to send the camera in because no units were available to replace my camera. Is there any time frame to expect a replacement unit to be available?

I have a strobe G camera that takes runaway pictures when on external battery. It works correctly on 4D internals only. Customer support advised me last fall not to send the camera in because no units were available to replace my camera. Is there any time frame to expect a replacement unit to be available?
i believe they will have g parts/replacement option this summer. The G series is discontinued though. The L series white flash wont be out until late in the year.

John, I have a friend whose SE Missouri property has no cell service. He has wi-fi at his house, but no cell service on the property. What current configuration for a four camera system would you recommend?

John, I have a friend whose SE Missouri property has no cell service. He has wi-fi at his house, but no cell service on the property. What current configuration for a four camera system would you recommend?
if it truly doesnt have service anywhere on the property he can only use it as a non cellular network meaning he would need to pull a card on one camera to retrieve all images. Many people that dont think they have service are able to get a CUdde cell home to connect somewhere on the property since they work better than a cell phone. It might be worth a try to see if he can get it to work somewhere up high like in a stand etc. The wifi wont do him any good unless he has a cell booster that can help his cell home. He can buy 4 l series and run one as the home if he fits he cant get a cell connection anywhere on the property.

John, a couple years ago, I did a test to make sure the CL weren’t missing dear by putting 3 brads of cams on the same tree. CL passed with flying colors, so I haven’t given it a second thought.

But yesterday morning, I was introducing a buddy of mine to turkey hunting. We set the decoys up right in front of this camera at 5:30am on 4/20. It was raining at the time. Stopped raining by 7am and we pulled the decoys at 8:30am to do some run and gun. Came back at 11am to pick up he blind. Each time we were in front of the cam several times. But as you can see in the screenshot below, not one pic was taken.

I do change the fresnel lens every year—it has been about 10 months.

What thoughts do you have on how to make sure the cam is triggering properly. Or perhaps it took pics and just didn’t send them?

Thanks for any insight.
bea7360fb976f7db2ab7be36c5a18fa3.jpg

64a08a5bf849a107bd2a760a0994aef6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John, a couple years ago, I did a test to make sure the CL weren’t missing dear by putting 3 brads of cams on the same tree. CL passed with flying colors, so I haven’t given it a second thought.

But yesterday morning, I was introducing a buddy of mine to turkey hunting. We set the decoys up right in front of this camera at 5:30am on 4/20. It was raining at the time. Stopped raining by 7am and we pulled the decoys at 8:30am to do some run and gun. Came back at 11am to pick up he blind. Each time we were in front of the cam several times. But as you can see in the screenshot below, not one pic was taken.

I do change the fresnel lens every year—it has been about 10 months.

What thoughts do you have on how to make sure the cam is triggering properly. Or perhaps it took pics and just didn’t send them?

Thanks for any insight.
bea7360fb976f7db2ab7be36c5a18fa3.jpg

64a08a5bf849a107bd2a760a0994aef6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
simple process to check it
1. Ensure your camera delay is not set to "off" if so, it wont take any pics
2. Set camera waist high or lower and make sure its level
3. Open the access door on the camera
4. Walk perpendicular in front of the camera at 5, 10, 15 and 20 ft allowing time for the camera delay you have it set at, For the test i would set at 5 seconds
5. With the door open you should be able to see "image " flashing on the LCD screen after you walk by it followed by a message showing thats its transmitting to the home
6. If you see that it took the images , pull the card and confirm they are on it.
7. If it shows the image being taken but not sending... it could be a bad sd card, bad radio or antenna on the camera, or channel interference with another network.

Its EXTREMELY rare for a camera to have a bad sensor, so going thru the above steps will usually find the issue.

in the images you have posted it appears its angled down towards the ground, this will severely limit the detection zone in which an animal will trigger the camera , its always hard to tell angles from a picture but that is the impression i get.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbw
also noticed your link level is 10, at that level with 2 links it could easily drop to 0 and not allow the pics to get thru in a timely fashion. RF signal is also severely influenced by high humidity and or rain

Thanks John. Got out to that camera today. Followed all of your steps. Very helpful. The camera was at chest height. That was the issue. I dropped it down to waist height and now getting more deer pics than ever and the walk test worked to 30+ feet away.

I’ve always heard that some mature bucks spook at cameras — thus, put them high. Most of mine are from chest tied up to 10 foot. Also, not as noticeable for catching trespassers.

Would love to hear how others address this conundrum. Thanks.

Thanks John. Got out to that camera today. Followed all of your steps. Very helpful. The camera was at chest height. That was the issue. I dropped it down to waist height and now getting more deer pics than ever and the walk test worked to 30+ feet away.

I’ve always heard that some mature bucks spook at cameras — thus, put them high. Most of mine are from chest tied up to 10 foot. Also, not as noticeable for catching trespassers.

Would love to hear how others address this conundrum. Thanks.

you can mount them high, you just need something to aim them down with and then make sure its pointing exactly where you want it. Cuddeback makes several mounts that will accomplish this. The best scenario is something like a Scrape that you can aim down and point exactly at the center of it so you capture the buck when he steps into it. WHEn doing this you will limit the area you are monitoring .
For turkey you want them even lower. The new L series cuddelink cameras have adjustable sensitivity where you can turn it up quite high , in that case you may be able to run it higher but you would need to be ok with getting more false images that dont have deer in them. I have my new L series triggering on turkeys 50-70 yards away and its one notch above default for sensitivity.

Can one camp account have two active home networks receiving and displaying images? If so, could they be on the same channel if they’re in different regions?

Can one camp account have two active home networks receiving and displaying images? If so, could they be on the same channel if they’re in different regions?
I've got three active home networks on one camp account. John will probably confirm, but if the distance between networks is sufficient, I doubt the channels will matter.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 065359.png

I've got three active home networks on one camp account. John will probably confirm, but if the distance between networks is sufficient, I doubt the channels will matter.

View attachment 52379
I also have multiple home cameras on my camp account and I use the same channel for all of them in case I switch cameras between networks. Each of my networks are 10+ miles apart, so they don’t interfere with each other.

I have a dual cell K cam overlooking a feeder. The feeder is maybe 40 ft from the camera. The deer, hogs, and coons at the feeder will not tigger the camera. They have to be between the feeder and the camera. The reason I know it is missing all these animals is I have another texting camera on a different tree - but same distance - for instant send that I use for hog hunting. It takes many more pictures than the K camera. Is there any way to increase sensitivity of the K camera?

T_00001.jpeg

I have a dual cell K cam overlooking a feeder. The feeder is maybe 40 ft from the camera. The deer, hogs, and coons at the feeder will not tigger the camera. They have to be between the feeder and the camera. The reason I know it is missing all these animals is I have another texting camera on a different tree - but same distance - for instant send that I use for hog hunting. It takes many more pictures than the K camera. Is there any way to increase sensitivity of the K camera?

View attachment 52433
A new fresnal lens may help.

View attachment 52433
change fresnel lens if its white or turning white.,then lower and level the camera , set it waist high at the highest, your detection zone on a k is where the closest deer is- which is lower than the feeder because of the angle you have the camera at. Also , if it needs to be 40 ft , then order a centered fresnel lens for your K as that will increase range.

Will the older style home units (pre L series) ever be capable of pulling the time and date from a cell towers with firmware updates?

they are working on remote firmware updates for cuddelink but its a difficult and long process - not sure when it will happen but the goal is to get there, my guess would be next year at the earliest . If you set date and time on any home on 8.3 all the remote cameras will sync with it.