Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Another option is frequency narrowing. 20+ years ago FCC required frequencies to be tuned to additional decimal points in certain frequency bands, in essence creating more channels available for licensing. That was mainly for higher wattage transmitters and Cuddelink came along well after that, and lower power.
Seeing how CuddeLink has evolved from 16 to 250 to now 625 channel options, maybe it does relate to narrowing frequencies, which would slow down file transmission unless packet transmission is sped up or streamlined.
Even another option would be like CTCSS on a walkie talkie, telling it to ignore transmissions not including an identifier signified by the second number on single frequency set by first number. This would allow my cell to function on same frequency as another network, yet they become invisible to each other, with an exception not worth mentioning.
image transmission has actually increased in speed since the original version. That said, using a channel that conflicts with another user close by who is using the the same channel will slow it down . I always recommend users stay away from the default 01-01 and also stay away from, 01,02, 03,04 and 05 as either number in their channel choice. . Many users feel the need to use an easy to remember number when in fact they dont need to remember the channel at all ....since its each report, the app, online and on every camera. Using something more random like 11-27 rarely runs into interference issues.

image transmission has actually increased in speed since the original version. That said, using a channel that conflicts with another user close by who is using the the same channel will slow it down . I always recommend users stay away from the default 01-01 and also stay away from, 01,02, 03,04 and 05 as either number in their channel choice. . Many users feel the need to use an easy to remember number when in fact they dont need to remember the channel at all ....since its each report, the app, online and on every camera. Using something more random like 11-27 rarely runs into interference issues.
John, I understand all of that. Preaching to the choir. I'm just nerdy and curious. Haven't had problems with my channel choices. You got me noting channel selection when folks post reports and suggesting changes.
I'm an older retired helicopter maintenance test pilot. Pilots had to know why and when to flip switches. I had to understand what actually took place inside control modules when switch flipped and effects on other related systems.
I really like my Cuddelink system, one day I may come up with an improvement suggestion even you like.
Appreciate your patience.

John, I understand all of that. Preaching to the choir. I'm just nerdy and curious. Haven't had problems with my channel choices. You got me noting channel selection when folks post reports and suggesting changes.
I'm an older retired helicopter maintenance test pilot. Pilots had to know why and when to flip switches. I had to understand what actually took place inside control modules when switch flipped and effects on other related systems.
I really like my Cuddelink system, one day I may come up with an improvement suggestion even you like.
Appreciate your patience.
we are always looking for suggestions! keep them coming !

the new L series IR will be available in the next few weeks, they are improved in several ways over the J series. Ive been testing them for a few weeks and im very happy with them. The g Is going to be hard to find right now as virtually every retailer is sold out. View attachment 50068View attachment 50069

Thanks John. Hard to find much info on the Ls… what batteries do they run? Do you find the pic quality comparable to the Gs? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks John. Hard to find much info on the Ls… what batteries do they run? Do you find the pic quality comparable to the Gs? Thanks!

4D cells- its a new housing design , which i feel is an improvement. The L is a replacement for the J series , images are not much different but they are more consistent . Night images rarely have motion blur and the new sensor allows for less detail lost when enlarging an image. They will hit retailers very soon.

Reactions: cbw
the new L series IR will be available in the next few weeks, they are improved in several ways over the J series. Ive been testing them for a few weeks and im very happy with them. The g Is going to be hard to find right now as virtually every retailer is sold out. View attachment 50068View attachment 50069
That’s pretty good quality night picture

That’s pretty good quality night picture
its a bit early for me to start making claims, but so far the first unit i have been testing is impressive in how good and consistent the night images are. I dont have a single image with any type of motion blur across 100's of images so far . As most camera users can attest to, IR cameras that dont occasionally take images that have motion blur are very rare

Would you mind providing the part number for the new lens - if you have it?
the 9005 is the number, the new lens is sold under that part number so if you order it now you will get the new hybrid lens, this is also the stock lens in all cameras now.

Any idea when security boxes will be released for the Tracks/Cuddelink L cameras?

Any idea when security boxes will be released for the Tracks/Cuddelink L cameras?
they are in stock, most dealers have them shipping with the L series links in the next week -

L series have arrived and started shipping to dealers today , any dealer that ordered them will have some very soon, anyone looking for an outlet to buy PM me and ill get you some options. There will be a firmware update to optimize day image color. I feel cuddelink users will be happy with the new design,and as always, welcome any feedback.

Last edited:
L series have arrived and started shipping to dealers today , any dealer that ordered them will have some very soon, anyone looking for an outlet to buy PM me and ill get you some options. There will be a firmware update to optimize day image color. I feel cuddling users will be happy with the new design, as always welcome any feedback.
When you say there will be a firmware update, do you mean for just the new cameras, or also the K,G, and J Cuddelink cameras as well?

When you say there will be a firmware update, do you mean for just the new cameras, or also the K,G, and J Cuddelink cameras as well?
the update Im referring to will only apply to the L series , there will likely be an update in the future that will add some functionality to J G and K but that is a ways off and not related to the day image adjustment update.

the update Im referring to will only apply to the L series , there will likely be an update in the future that will add some functionality to J G and K but that is a ways off and not related to the day image adjustment update.
Seems you used to recommend having all cameras on the same firmware version. But I’m guessing the new firmware update to the L camera will continue to work with older cameras on 8.3?

Seems you used to recommend having all cameras on the same firmware version. But I’m guessing the new firmware update to the L camera will continue to work with older cameras on 8.3?
i still do , as en example when we were transitioning from 7.9-8.3 there were instances where they absolutely had to be on the same firmware to work together. Id rather be consistent in the message to eliminate as much confusion as possible. With it taking only a few seconds to upload firmware , loading firmware on all cameras whether they need it or not, doesnt hurt anything at all. The update wont change anything on the J, G or K but there will be future updates that will. Sometimes there are improvements that arent absolutely necessary, but still help. I just wanted those who buy the L to know that there will be an update available soon to help tweak the day color images. That said, yes it should work with 8.3 , if for some reason it doesnt ill post a note on the page.

Last edited:
@john volkman what is error 040?
power erro- Have user power camera completely down and remove batteries and try a different set of brand new batteries making sure LCD screen fully dies before inserting batteries. Try to power up off of Alkaline batteries (not rechargeable batteries)...we suggest Rayovac High Energy. If error code persists, camera is defective and would have to be sent back for service.

Got my 4 new L cams in today, I'm excited!

Reactions: 356
Just got notice my L cams are on the way, ordered and payed for last Sep.4th