Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Do the new G cell cameras have to have a plan to operate? Or can I just use it as a regular camera sometimes and cell during season? Model 5109

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
they must have a plan to operate

Bummer. Are all the G's like that? Thanks

cell units are sold at a reduced cost , the cell plan allows the cell unit to be sold at that reduced cost. All K and the new G cell cams can only operate with an active cell plan. you can always turn one of your remotes into an SD home in the off season when you turn the cell plan off.

cell units are sold at a reduced cost , the cell plan allows the cell unit to be sold at that reduced cost. All K and the new G cell cams can only operate with an active cell plan. you can always turn one of your remotes into an SD home in the off season when you turn the cell plan off.
Just to clarify, the requirement of the cell plan to operate is only in the first year.

Just to clarify, the requirement of the cell plan to operate is only in the first year.
Ok great because that's what I thought. I have one of the black Friday Ks...

Having an issue with external 12v battery power cord (pw-3617). I have 2 K and 6 J cameras all using 12v external power with the pw-3617 power cord. I've had two of the cameras drop off. Upon examination, the cord would not power the camera. 12v batteries are good; Tried another cord and the camera powered. Since 2 cords out of 8 are not functioning, I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. I checked the cord with a volt meter, but no voltage is detected through the regulator. Switched to ohms, and there is continuity through both positive and negative. Positive is reduced, but still reads. Is there a max voltage the voltage regulator on the cord can handle? Could the regulator have shorted out somehow? Is there a way to fix or reset the regulator, or do I just need to buy new cords?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Has anyone seen where a daytime pic is normal and the next pic 60 secs later is an IR pic? All my cams do this. FW is 8.1

Attachments

• T_00005 (1).JPG
    T_00005 (1).JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 14
  • T_00004.JPG
    T_00004.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 14
Has anyone seen where a daytime pic is normal and the next pic 60 secs later is an IR pic? All my cams do this. FW is 8.1
This happens a lot on my cameras. I believe the light level is causing the camera to switch between day and night. I think this is normal.

This is common for morning and evening pics.

put rayovac high energy in them instead and its likely your issues will be over.
John - You the man! I switched to duracell procell (What I had on hand) this weekend and had night pictures that night. Thanks for all the info you share on this forum!

Was there an update since last season with the cell management login? I used the same email as i had it set up last year, but wouldn't let me login. Tried a couple times last week to reset the password and again today, and no email ever came. I went ahead and set it up as a new account today (same email address); but now it appears I have to go pull the IMEI/ICCID information back off the G Series Cell Home to get it linked to the account. Just wondering if that was a known issue anyone else has had. Have a Cell Home and 8 J Series remotes, just looking to get the cell service activated for the year. All worked fine last season.

Was there an update since last season with the cell management login? I used the same email as i had it set up last year, but wouldn't let me login. Tried a couple times last week to reset the password and again today, and no email ever came. I went ahead and set it up as a new account today (same email address); but now it appears I have to go pull the IMEI/ICCID information back off the G Series Cell Home to get it linked to the account. Just wondering if that was a known issue anyone else has had. Have a Cell Home and 8 J Series remotes, just looking to get the cell service activated for the year. All worked fine last season.
There isnt an update or change there. if your unit is already registered on the site it wont allow you to register it under a different account. Make sure you are checking you junk file when resetting you password.

There isnt an update or change there. if your unit is already registered on the site it wont allow you to register it under a different account. Make sure you are checking you junk file when resetting you password.

I figured it out after an “aha” moment after going through my junk mail. I forgot that I had created a separate gmail account last year just for this account. Remembered the login/password and everything is showing up. Appreciate the help! We made it more confusing than need be because our hunting group set up yet another email address after the fact that we could all access to receive pictures. Too many email addresses involved... thanks again

Hey guys, I’ve got a couple issues. I’ve got 3 J series cameras along with the K series Home camera. My daily report doesn’t update any information on 2 of my cameras with both having levels of 60 or above. The other issue is that one of the cameras starting taking 6 pictures in a row of nothing. It’s not catching movement from plants because this is over a brassica food plot.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I call Monday I will see if they have the sn on file of the one sent back before. I plan on swapping to the d cell packs when I make sure the camera is ok!
John. My J's are aa. I want to swap to the d cell battery pack. I found one that says it takes 4d's for j series and one that take 6 d cell. So I'm trying to figure out which one I need or if I can use either. Thanks !

Anyone else have this issue when they google “cuddeback”

7ecf432b01f27e3c5f3fb6dd30dc755b.png

Yes. The website when clicking on it is fine though. Strange.

John. My J's are aa. I want to swap to the d cell battery pack. I found one that says it takes 4d's for j series and one that take 6 d cell. So I'm trying to figure out which one I need or if I can use either. Thanks !
you can put either on , my recommendation is the 4d on the camera with a 6 d booster , thats the best set up in my opinion.

Hey guys, I’ve got a couple issues. I’ve got 3 J series cameras along with the K series Home camera. My daily report doesn’t update any information on 2 of my cameras with both having levels of 60 or above. The other issue is that one of the cameras starting taking 6 pictures in a row of nothing. It’s not catching movement from plants because this is over a brassica food plot.

Thanks in advance

make sure all are on the asme firmware version. also make sure you dont have a neighbor on the same channel as you are.

Thanks in advance

make sure all are on the asme firmware version. also make sure you dont have a neighbor on the same channel as you are.

Thanks John, all cameras are running 8.1 and no neighbors hunt around me.