Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

John,

I also bought energizers. I'll swap them out with rayovacs.

Other question, why do I keep getting the same 2 pictures over and over, from a camera that was put out last year. I have 2 pictures of a doe that fill up the que and I get at least 6-8 of the pictures on each email.
any input on this?

any input on this?

In advance of someone with some more technical knowledge answering this, I'll chime in as I had this briefly happen as well. When it happened for me, I actually had a difference in firmware between my remote (fw 8.0) and the home cell (8.1). Make sure these are the same. Also, when this happened, I was close to the SD card being full. If it's not a firmware issue, I bet it's a card writing issue happening at the camera. Regardless, I'd go and swap out the camera's SD card, check to see if those images are on it multiple times, and put in a new formatted sd card. Then, I'd delete any photos left in the queue on that camera. Hopefully this works and/or you get some more technical help here.

Your Repeater is connecting through either 2 or 4 to home since it has 2 links. So 3 and 5 are not going through the Repeater or they would be showing 3 links. Do you have your cameras marked on a map. HuntStand or OnX?

I finally got to create a picture of my network
1600711073719.png

1600711246309.png

This is what my report states as of this morning. I spend two hours on the property yesterday moving the repeater and back camera and turn all the cameras off except the home camera, backridge and repeater. After new setup and checking it after 2 hours the backridge and repeater was in the 40s. Now this.

the property are all trees except at the barn and food plot.

thoughts?

any input on this?
Clear your SD card remotely on the Cuddelink camp site. also clear your que if that does not work.give it 24 hrs before clearing the que to make sure your changes are working before moving to the next step.

Just my thoughts move 1 to position 6, move 6 to position 2 and 2 to position 1.

Just my thoughts move 1 to position 6, move 6 to position 2 and 2 to position 1.

thanks,, with the steepness of the property camera 1 is the only place for a cell signal so I can't move it. position 6 is a repeater and position 2 is a j camera on my food plot. I put position 6 on the edge of that ridge thinking it would boost the signal from position 1 into the valley to position 3 and to position 5.

any idea on why the repeater won't connect to position 2 or 1 with a decent signal? yes trees are in between but position 1 is beaming down to position 4 at about the same distance. also, why does it have a great signal when i'm in the woods setting it up but by the next report they have poor signal.. it makes no sense especially when all the other cameras were turned off except position 1.

it's just a little frustrating because I can take the repeater out of the loop and get about the same poor/spotty performance without it.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Also, the report that you can look at online in your account is that real time or a delayed report? just curious.

John,

I also bought energizers. I'll swap them out with rayovacs.

Other question, why do I keep getting the same 2 pictures over and over, from a camera that was put out last year. I have 2 pictures of a doe that fill up the que and I get at least 6-8 of the pictures on each email.
clear your que , on that remote and on the cell and it should stop

I'm sure it's been discussed but my search results were spotty: I have a J camera black flash on a narrow food plot (20 yards across). I get very poor images at night unless the deer is like under 10 yards. I think I have it set on far. Are there any settings that can improve the performance in this situation?
with J black flash , 30 feet is about max for a good image and 15-20 is better. , Close will give you clearest images but least illumination at long range. . IF you really need back flash the G series with powerhouse will give you images close to IR brightness.

Also, the report that you can look at online in your account is that real time or a delayed report? just curious.
nothing is in real time when dealing with RF cameras. it may be recent but nothing is real time.

thanks,, with the steepness of the property camera 1 is the only place for a cell signal so I can't move it. position 6 is a repeater and position 2 is a j camera on my food plot. I put position 6 on the edge of that ridge thinking it would boost the signal from position 1 into the valley to position 3 and to position 5.

any idea on why the repeater won't connect to position 2 or 1 with a decent signal? yes trees are in between but position 1 is beaming down to position 4 at about the same distance. also, why does it have a great signal when i'm in the woods setting it up but by the next report they have poor signal.. it makes no sense especially when all the other cameras were turned off except position 1.

it's just a little frustrating because I can take the repeater out of the loop and get about the same poor/spotty performance without it.

I appreciate all the feedback.
A camera will always connect direct to home if it can..... you cant force it to take a particular path. The best advice i can give you is get rid of the repeater and buy another camera. Put that camera in an area you feel it may help connect another camera to home if needed and know that you can also get images from it. You are chasing your tail trying to get a perfect/higher CL level in your scenario , let the system do what it can, and if the range isnt what you need... you can always add another camera and it will figure itself out.

Last edited:
John, I understand what you are saying because you do get consumed trying to set the network up which makes you go to the woods more which defeats the purpose...lol

Yeah i will have to think about that suggestion but I'm done for this season. I'm going to wait until the leaves start to fall and see if that helps get me through this season and then remap everything after that.

It's not as simple as it sounds in hardwoods/mountains that's for sure!

Anyone had any issues with cameras not taking/sending night pictures? I added two cameras (J D-cell) to my system around a month ago. Knew they were not getting many pics and were in good locations. Stuck an old standard covert camera on the same post as one of them to see if there was an issue. Had lots more pics on the covert and when reviewing the pics I realized I had zero nighttime images on the cudde. Went back and looked and have had zero night pics on either of the cams. I looked at all the settings and can't see where turning night pics on/off is an option.
I updated all the firmware on all cams/home in the system this weekend to 8.1.0 thinking may it would fix the issue. Did the suggested reset on everything at this time. It has not fixed the issue.
I have not pulled the cards to check and see if they are on the card and not transmitting to the home unit. I don't think this is a possibility, but maybe it is.

I just received a new cam yesterday and will most likely put it out this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon so I could check anything needed at that time.

Thanks!

Anyone had any issues with cameras not taking/sending night pictures? I added two cameras (J D-cell) to my system around a month ago. Knew they were not getting many pics and were in good locations. Stuck an old standard covert camera on the same post as one of them to see if there was an issue. Had lots more pics on the covert and when reviewing the pics I realized I had zero nighttime images on the cudde. Went back and looked and have had zero night pics on either of the cams. I looked at all the settings and can't see where turning night pics on/off is an option.
I updated all the firmware on all cams/home in the system this weekend to 8.1.0 thinking may it would fix the issue. Did the suggested reset on everything at this time. It has not fixed the issue.
I have not pulled the cards to check and see if they are on the card and not transmitting to the home unit. I don't think this is a possibility, but maybe it is.

I just received a new cam yesterday and will most likely put it out this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon so I could check anything needed at that time.

Thanks!
The camera uses more voltage when taking night pics, i would start with batteries and then make sure your night camera delay isnt set to off. Do not use Energizer batteries in your camera. it would be very odd for 2 cameras to have this issue if it wasnt one of the afore mentioned possibilities. if it isnt, i would send them in.

The camera uses more voltage when taking night pics, i would start with batteries and then make sure your night camera delay isnt set to off. Do not use Energizer batteries in your camera. it would be very odd for 2 cameras to have this issue if it wasnt one of the afore mentioned possibilities. if it isnt, i would send them in.

I am pretty sure they are energizer batteries actually. Will swap em out tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue.
Thanks

I am pretty sure they are energizer batteries actually. Will swap em out tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue.
Thanks
put rayovac high energy in them instead and its likely your issues will be over.

Hi John! We have spoken before on here about one of my j series cameras that new batteries exploded in. I sent it back and they replaced the battery pack. I had another pack go bad and they mailed me one out. Now I have had another or possibly the same camera have brand new batteries exploded in it with 24 hours of replacement. It is the aa battery pack . New Duracell batteries. I swapped batteries Tuesday and had pictures throughout the night into wednesdays but none beyond Wednesday morning. I carefully removed the batteries to check positioning and all were installed correctly. Each time this has happened the center 2 springs seem to be melted forward. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Hi John! We have spoken before on here about one of my j series cameras that new batteries exploded in. I sent it back and they replaced the battery pack. I had another pack go bad and they mailed me one out. Now I have had another or possibly the same camera have brand new batteries exploded in it with 24 hours of replacement. It is the aa battery pack . New Duracell batteries. I swapped batteries Tuesday and had pictures throughout the night into wednesdays but none beyond Wednesday morning. I carefully removed the batteries to check positioning and all were installed correctly. Each time this has happened the center 2 springs seem to be melted forward. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
very hard for me to determine something like this without having it in hand. i would mark that camera and send it back to them for replacement.

very hard for me to determine something like this without having it in hand. i would mark that camera and send it back to them for replacement.
When I call Monday I will see if they have the sn on file of the one sent back before. I plan on swapping to the d cell packs when I make sure the camera is ok!

Do the new G cell cameras have to have a plan to operate? Or can I just use it as a regular camera sometimes and cell during season? Model 5109

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk