All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

John,

So based on this it seems you don't really need a repeater because any camera set on remote will act like a link to the home camera. I thought if set to remote that locked that camera from receiving other remote cameras signal. you dont need a repeater any remote can bounce/link images for another camera to home , the only reason to use a repeater is if its in a spot that you cant or dont want pictures and it costs less than a remote camera.

However, you state that a camera looks for the shortest distance to the home camera meaning a "remote camera" might connect to another "remote camera" if that is the shortest and best signal to finish the connections. Is that correct? For me it's just understanding the matrix of how the signal works on a camera set to remote. That will help in setting it up in the field for me. this is correct

If this is true when you set a camera out and the link comes back above 20 that could be a link to a "remote" or "home" camera, correct? correct

So, my camera number 04 had a link level of 50 and was hitting the repeater the day I set it up. Now, the link level is down at 16 and not linking through the repeater. Is there any way to make it link through the repeater to increase its link level to 20 or higher?

9B69375A-8D1F-4392-8434-0CE2DC365D5C.pngDB2B34FA-8D15-440B-B6A2-CE87887E188F.png

John,

So based on this it seems you don't really need a repeater because any camera set on remote will act like a link to the home camera. I thought if set to remote that locked that camera from receiving other remote cameras signal.

However, you state that a camera looks for the shortest distance to the home camera meaning a "remote camera" might connect to another "remote camera" if that is the shortest and best signal to finish the connections. Is that correct? For me it's just understanding the matrix of how the signal works on a camera set to remote. That will help in setting it up in the field for me.

If this is true when you set a camera out and the link comes back above 20 that could be a link to a "remote" or "home" camera, correct?
Not John but that is correct.

So, my camera number 04 had a link level of 50 and was hitting the repeater the day I set it up. Now, the link level is down at 16 and not linking through the repeater. Is there any way to make it link through the repeater to increase its link level to 20 or higher?

View attachment 31747View attachment 31748
On the 15th and 16th they all connected directly to Home. I don’t think you need the Repeater. What was the weather like on the 13th? That may have contributed to the additional links.

View attachment 31747View attachment 31748
there isnt a way to force it and you dont need or want to, if its at 16 for a level to home you will get the images . You can either pull the repeater or leave it there for insurance , with fall coming i doubt it will get used.

there isnt a way to force it and you dont need or want to, if its at 16 for a level to home you will get the images . You can either pull the repeater or leave it there for insurance , with fall coming i doubt it will get used.

I am in SW Arkansas. Leaves will be on the trees until Thanksgiving week. We will probably have days in the 90’s in Oct. Weather was the same on the 13th as the last few days - sunny, low 90’s, and humid. I will leave the repeater there for now. I hope I dont need it in that location - I can move it if I place a camera in the SW corner where it has a poor link level. Us southern folks leave our cameras out year round - we are hunting hogs, coons, turkeys, deer - leaves on or off the trees is irrelevant - needs to work year round. Leaves are only off our trees three and a half months anyway

I am in SW Arkansas. Leaves will be on the trees until Thanksgiving week. We will probably have days in the 90’s in Oct. Weather was the same on the 13th as the last few days - sunny, low 90’s, and humid. I will leave the repeater there for now. I hope I dont need it in that location - I can move it if I place a camera in the SW corner where it has a poor link level. Us southern folks leave our cameras out year round - we are hunting hogs, coons, turkeys, deer - leaves on or off the trees is irrelevant - needs to work year round. Leaves are only off our trees three and a half months anyway
im trying to give you the best advice possible, i run mine year round as well. Trust me , the signal will increase, i have been selling these for a long time to users all over the country. Every situation has its own unique challenges, for some its cold , for others its steep terrain yet others its long distance . Be patient and use the advice given on this page and you will figure out what works best for your situation.

im trying to give you the best advice possible, i run mine year round as well. Trust me , the signal will increase, i have been selling these for a long time to users all over the country. Every situation has its own unique challenges, for some its cold , for others its steep terrain yet others its long distance . Be patient and use the advice given on this page and you will figure out what works best for your situation.

Believe me, I am trying. I have been working on this system every other day - trying to improve its performance. And I do appreciate everyone’s advice - especially yours. You are tireless in your pursuit to help cuddelink users - and we are most thankful. And, because this is an open forum - other users will hopefully find useful all the information - and may be better prepared when making their decisions when purchasing and setting up their systems.

Question? I replaced battery's In the duel cell and the J added 6 "D" boosters to each The two "J" Recognize the booster and restarted the Battery day counts The duel Cell just shows Battery OK and did not reset Battery day count. How do I fix the duel cell?

Question? I replaced battery's In the duel cell and the J added 6 "D" boosters to each The two "J" Recognize the booster and restarted the Battery day counts The duel Cell just shows Battery OK and did not reset Battery day count. How do I fix the duel cell?
There is no problem. The battery booster has 6 d batteries same as what’s in the K. They are the same voltage, so they just say OK. The J’s have 4Ds which is 6 volts compared to the 9 volts of the Battery Booster so they say EXT OK.

John,

I also bought energizers. I'll swap them out with rayovacs.

Other question, why do I keep getting the same 2 pictures over and over, from a camera that was put out last year. I have 2 pictures of a doe that fill up the que and I get at least 6-8 of the pictures on each email.

Thanks! What about the battery count days, it did not reset back to zero when putting in new battery's and adding the booster?

Thanks! What about the battery count days, it did not reset back to zero when putting in new battery's and adding the booster?
Not sure, but if you did not wait until lcd screen went blank before replacing batteries it will not reset battery days. If you cut camera off, then drop batteries out and press the mode button the screen will come back on and you can press buttons until screen goes blank, then replace batteries.

I'm sure it's been discussed but my search results were spotty: I have a J camera black flash on a narrow food plot (20 yards across). I get very poor images at night unless the deer is like under 10 yards. I think I have it set on far. Are there any settings that can improve the performance in this situation?

I'm sure it's been discussed but my search results were spotty: I have a J camera black flash on a narrow food plot (20 yards across). I get very poor images at night unless the deer is like under 10 yards. I think I have it set on far. Are there any settings that can improve the performance in this situation?
I’m not an expert but the J Black Flash is advertised as 50 ft. That’s only 12.5 yds. You’ll need to get a G Black Flash, strobe or a J ir to get that distance. You might try the Close setting with what you have.

Has anyone had their camera just drop offline? I setup two weeks ago, new batteries (although they were energizers), have newest 8.1 firmware. It is just a home camera and single J camera linked. It has been sending pics twice a day since without issue until last night and I got nothing, not even report which comes at same time as pictures. Just went to online portal and it shows Home and link offline.

Has anyone had their camera just drop offline? I setup two weeks ago, new batteries (although they were energizers), have newest 8.1 firmware. It is just a home camera and single J camera linked. It has been sending pics twice a day since without issue until last night and I got nothing, not even report which comes at same time as pictures. Just went to online portal and it shows Home and link offline.

If no extender battery packs I would guess it is dead or if Extender may have lost cell service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first had my cameras and was only running D's in them, the only time I had a camera go offline is because of dead batteries. Some batteries are just duds. I'd check your home first and bring batteries with you. Then, check how many nodes are present in the menu.

When I first had my cameras and was only running D's in them, the only time I had a camera go offline is because of dead batteries. Some batteries are just duds. I'd check your home first and bring batteries with you. Then, check how many nodes are present in the menu.

Dang it! I mean last report battery was ok, but the home has sent about 675 photos in a little over 2 weeks so maybe batteries did take a dump. Thanks guys!

there are no other settings you can adjust the black really needs a back drop behind it so fields will have poorer performance. you may need to get an IR cam out there and test to see if you get better results. im sure you will