Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Thanks

Like I said all this is very confusing. Some sort of chart with all the different combos would be extremely useful.

the 2020 brochure lines it out pretty good as well. I think i attached it earlier to one or both of the threads but its probably a ways back now.. There are really only 3 options to consider going forward and they are all in the 2020 catalog.if you want to pm me your email i can send you a pdf of the 2020 catalog.

I have the brochure but it only references the newer products. I have a combo of everything from older cameras, newer cameras G's and J's except the new J with 4d battery packs but do have J's with 6 d battery packs. I have solar panels with the aa battery pack for G's, regular extra booster power packs, dual power bank packs you name it. I am not going to get rid of all of it and just buy all DPB's. Just trying to make the best use of what I have and knowing what is compatible with what and what power cables work is beyond confusing. I appreciate the effort to keep improving but it sure makes it difficult when ports change, new technology has to be integrated with old and there is no documentation that spells it all out.

There probably wont be a chart built including the older products for fear of confusing new customers on what they need. The 2020 line now allows any accessory to be used with any camera made in 2019 or 2020. There is some info on each item on the cuddeback.com website as well. Some of the previous accessories were patched together using products that were designed prior to cuddelink mostly as a result of needing something fast to accommodate cuddelink users when the system exploded in sales.
Anytime you need help with older products feel free to reach out to me on the forum or thru PM, i get notifications via email immediately and try to help everyone as fast as possible. That insures you get correct info and get it quickly.

I finally found exif data on the PC (right click the picture icon then Properties on the pop-up, Details tab and then click in the text right of the Comments line and the Cuddeback camera info reveals itself--you can scroll through it or copy it to a word file to read it). I know I saw a list posted of all the acronyms (on the old Cuddeback's Cuddelink forum) but havent figured out what magic search words to use to find it in the 208 pages of posts. Can anyone point me to that list? Does it exist somewhere on the Cuddeback website or in a manual somewhere?

I finally found exif data on the PC (right click the picture icon then Properties on the pop-up, Details tab and then click in the text right of the Comments line and the Cuddeback camera info reveals itself--you can scroll through it or copy it to a word file to read it). I know I saw a list posted of all the acronyms (on the old Cuddeback's Cuddelink forum) but havent figured out what magic search words to use to find it in the 208 pages of posts. Can anyone point me to that list? Does it exist somewhere on the Cuddeback website or in a manual somewhere?
Below is a list of my interpretation of what the acronyms in the comments field stand for. This is in no way 'official' Cuddeback information, just my interpretation:

MR = Memory Register (C.1 for camera #1 register?... begs the question if there are other registers hidden)
AD = Activation Date (the activation date of the camera... warranty period start date)
LD = eLapsed Days (the number of days from Activation Date to present)
RD = Run Days (the number of days the camera has been armed and active)
LH = time Lapse Hours (the lifetime hours the camera has been in time lapse mode)
LI = Lifetime Image count (the total number of PIR trips and/or time lapse triggers)
BT = Battery Terminations (the total number of times the internal batteries have been pulled)
BL = Battery Level in milivolts (the actual under load battery voltage at the time pic taken)
BP = Battery Power (remaining battery power in %... not as accurate as the voltage above. 99%, 90%, 75%, 50%, 25%, etc)
BS = Battery Source (Internal or External) While running a Cuddepower this will tell you when it switches from External to Internal batteries
BD = Battery Days (the number of days the internal batteries have been in the camera)
BI = Battery Images (the power use adjusted number of images taken on the batteries with day pic=1 and flash pic=5
IR = Infra Red power (for non-capacitor driven IR flashes like the dual flash on G & K models and red or black IR on J models this shows the percentage of maximum power delivered to the IR array... this power will diminish as batteries deplete; for the power house flashes this value will always read "Indoors"... power house flashes are driven by super capacitors and will always firing at 100% power regardless of battery level)
CF = IR Cut Filter (IR cut filter position... ON/OFF)
WL = IR Wave Length (850nm or 940nm)
EX = EXposure pattern (commands menu Zone setting for active exposure metering area... Wide/Centered)
ID = Camera ID
LO
= Link Order, represented by number (ex. 002)
SM = Setup Menu (EZ, Advanced, Surveillance, and Prime Time)
DD = Day Delay
DI = Day Images (1-5 image burst)
DV = Day Video (OFF, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec... not available to select when CL is on)
DL = Day time Lapse
ND = Night Delay
NI = Night Image (1-5 burst)
NV = Night Video (OFF, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec... not available to select when CL is on)
NL = Night time Lapse

Unique to white flash strobe module:
SP
= Strobe Power ("Indoors"/100 ISO, "Close"/320 ISO, "Medium"/1000 ISO, "Far"/3200 ISO)
LF = Lifetime Flash (lifetime strobe cycles... both flashes firing equals one cycle)

I have been running this camera like this for over six months. I have had nothing but problems with stability. The camera is updated to gen 2 now and it only takes a day or so for it to go offline. Setup is a 12v deep cycle with a fused 12vdc-9vdc converter, Cuddeback power pack cable end to seal properly, no d cell batteries installed. My next try to gain stability is to try with d cells installed and external still plugged in.

The problems I have been having are the camera won’t send all photos, the camera only sends one photo of a batch, the daily reports won’t send, and the camera will go offline until I go cycle a switch.

Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.

283f5830b8cd0d5366ad880cf6e18935.jpg

I have been running this camera like this for over six months. I have had nothing but problems with stability. The camera is updated to gen 2 now and it only takes a day or so for it to go offline. Setup is a 12v deep cycle with a fused 12vdc-9vdc converter, Cuddeback power pack cable end to seal properly, no d cell batteries installed. My next try to gain stability is to try with d cells installed and external still plugged in.

The problems I have been having are the camera won’t send all photos, the camera only sends one photo of a batch, the daily reports won’t send, and the camera will go offline until I go cycle a switch.

Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.

283f5830b8cd0d5366ad880cf6e18935.jpg

Thanks John
So the dual power bank has more volts then the 6 d cell in the camera ? How does the camera know it is the dual power bank ? Or do I not put batteries in the camera with the dual power bank
it doesnt have more volts but the DPB is "smart" in that it can recognize what bank its using and which one to use. All cameras need to be on the latest firmware for it to work. You dont need batteries in the camera when running the DPB since they will likely not get used unless an animal removes the power cable out chews it in half.

Just found this in a thread, the way I read this is the only way to run tru external power only is to use the dual power bank from Cuddeback due to the communication from the camera and power bank?

If I install 6D batteries in the camera with my current setup it will extend battery life some but not like the cuddelink brand dual power bank?

you can run the camera on external power only, my concern is in your cable configuration. IS this a cable supplied by cuddeback or one you made yourself? cuddeback has 12v adapter cables available now.
I would remove the external and run the camera with 6 rayovac d cell hi energies and see if your problems persist.You should get 2 months or much more with 6 d's.
if your settings are correct , you have good cell service ( if you have it on 8.0 you can see how the connection is on your camp) and they persist then you know its the unit and you should set up a return for repair or replacement. IF it works on the D's then you know its likely in your cable set up.

you can run the camera on external power only, my concern is in your cable configuration. IS this a cable supplied by cuddeback or one you made yourself? cuddeback has 12v adapter cables available now.
I would remove the external and run the camera with 6 rayovac d cell hi energies and see if your problems persist.You should get 2 months or much more with 6 d's.
if your settings are correct , you have good cell service ( if you have it on 8.0 you can see how the connection is on your camp) and they persist then you know its the unit and you should set up a return for repair or replacement. IF it works on the D's then you know its likely in your cable set up.

I made the cable using a cuddelink power cable. I have d cells installed now and will see how it works. Goal is 3 months or more with bath 1 selected and to be able to recharge the setup. I don’t like throwing away so many one time use batteries.

By “have it on 8.0” what do you mean, Firmware 8.0?

3607f60dcc6f1336c845012818e516c8.jpg

d6a8c1da930bf1d2202c5b6ceac92fe0.jpg

yes i meant 8.0 firmware -my suggestion would be to run it with D's only in the same spot where you had the issues. , this will tell you if its either poor cell reception or an issue with the 12volt set up. The way you have it set up now its pulling from both the D's and your 12 volt cable at the same time. if it works with jsut the d's in it, even for a couple weeks without a hitch, then add the 12 volt set up back into it without the D's to determine if that is the culprit. The cuddeback cable you used is not designed to run on 12 volts, only 9.
if you meant "batch 1" instead of bath 1, that is likely your issue. I dont recommend Batch 1 with any cuddelink set up , or even with the cell as a stand alone. Move it to Batch 5 or 1 hour and see how it works.

yes i meant 8.0 firmware -my suggestion would be to run it with D's only in the same spot where you had the issues. , this will tell you if its either poor cell reception or an issue with the 12volt set up. The way you have it set up now its pulling from both the D's and your 12 volt cable at the same time. if it works with jsut the d's in it, even for a couple weeks without a hitch, then add the 12 volt set up back into it without the D's to determine if that is the culprit. The cuddeback cable you used is not designed to run on 12 volts, only 9.
if you meant "batch 1" instead of bath 1, that is likely your issue. I dont recommend Batch 1 with any cuddelink set up , or even with the cell as a stand alone. Move it to Batch 5 or 1 hour and see how it works.

I will change to batch 5 and see how that works, I understand the cable I used isn’t meant for 12v, this is why I installed a dc-dc converter. Voltage to the camera is 9 volts.

Tried to do a search but... Any recommendations on size, brand, and best source of sd cards to put in cuddelink?

Tried to do a search but... Any recommendations on size, brand, and best source of sd cards to put in cuddelink?
I've run several different types of cards without issue. I've settled on ScanDisk brand. I only run Class 10 cards on newer cameras.

Looking for opinion:there are some of the old cell home cams ( G-5093 , G-5116 ) out there if you hunt for them,not real crazy about the K cams (bigger unit).
what is the difference between the two,is it just (K=6 D batteries) and (G=4 D's) or is there more.

Looking for opinion:there are some of the old cell home cams ( G-5093 , G-5116 ) out there if you hunt for them,not real crazy about the K cams (bigger unit).
what is the difference between the two,is it just (K=6 D batteries) and (G=4 D's) or is there more.
the only difference would be the older units may not have high gain cell antennas on them , you can add those if you want to. Performance wise the tow cameras will work the same. The one benefit of the 4 d models is that if you mate a 3358 booster with it the camera will recognize the booster and run it first and also show it on the report.

would the same be true if you use the solar panel 3600 verses the 3358 booster

would the same be true if you use the solar panel 3600 verses the 3358 booster
it should, although i would be careful running a cell home on solar , depending on how many remotes and the volume of images and transmissions solar has a harder time keeping up to high volume. I have had good success with the K with 6 rechargeable D's and a solar panel but there is a big difference in power between 6 10000 MAH D's and the internal rechargeables in the new 3600.

But your rechargeables are not in the k themselves they are in the DPB correct or can they be in the k