Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

That’s why I said switch it back after you get your picture. I have heard what Cuddeback recommends and it really comes down to how many pics you get in a day on your system. If you are getting less than 5 a day like me it will probably work. But I did say change it back.
I understood and I appreciate it, I just see batch 1 causing a lot of frustration and I want to eliminate as much of that as possible. Even with a low volume of pics one can run into issues. Many people desire images and responses in real time and the reality is cuddelink is not the best for that situation . Running a batch 2-5 or one hour will accomplish most of what is needed without the frustration. As you said, adding multiple report times will also help the commands get enacted faster and is a good idea if that’s the goal. For those that need images or commands executed in real time a stand alone cell is the only viable option.

I understood and I appreciate it, I just see batch 1 causing a lot of frustration and I want to eliminate as much of that as possible. Even with a low volume of pics one can run into issues. Many people desire images and responses in real time and the reality is cuddelink is not the best for that situation . Running a batch 2-5 or one hour will accomplish most of what is needed without the frustration. As you said, adding multiple report times will also help the commands get enacted faster and is a good idea if that’s the goal. For those that need images or commands executed in real time a stand alone cell is the only viable option.

I have a little bit different of a situation since I have a cell booster at my cabin that I need to send pics. Since I don't want to overtax my solar setup with battery to power it, I have it on a timer. However for me I have found this setup is very sweet and gets me the pics when I like to have them. I have 4 cameras plus the home camera. Home camera is in the cabin so obviously it doesn't take any pics.

I set mine to 6 hrs and then have the report set to 9 and twice per day. That gives me pics at the following times
Midnight
6AM
9AM with report
Noon
6PM
9PM with report

Other than the midnight pics I am awake when it is sending the rest of them. I also get the morning and evening daylight movements relatively soon after the time as those are the ones that I am most interested in anyway.

Another thing I like about the forced picture feature. We had bad storms a couple of days ago and I wanted to see if there was any damage inside my cabin and also if any cameras got hit. I put the forced picture on on all of them and could see how everything looks. Only 1 tree down but it missed the camera. I think I will probably move one of cameras the next time I am there so that I can see all around the outside of the cabin. Even though the neighbor will let me know if something is wrong it would be nice to check it out every once in a while.

the forced picture is a great feature and was needed - there seems to be a few people that want it in real time and also want each picture sent immediately after it was taken. We arent quite there yet but hopefully in the future.

Not sure why 2 days my K cam showed the DBP after being deployed for about a week then it went awayB42C19D5-FEFE-40E6-8726-C74485991FD1.png

Do you have internal batteries in your k?

If you want the report to show the dpb you need to remove the internal batteries , they are trying to come up with a fix so internals can be left in but do not have one at this time. You can leave them in though and get extended life .

Yes I know that but why did it show for 2 days
I cannot go with out internals because of bears ruling the cord off then I don’t have anything and I’m 4hrs away from my cams

You can run internals on your K but they have not figured out the bug yet regarding the report. It will not consistently show the battery status when using a DPB with a K . with a J or G series it should show the status in the report. Sorry -that is the reality, if they figure out a fix for the K I will update everyone . Let me reiterate you will still get extended life when using it with a K and internals.

Last edited:
Yes I know that but why did it show for 2 days
I cannot go with out internals because of bears ruling the cord off then I don’t have anything and I’m 4hrs away from my cams
Maybe this happened.

Have four new G cams I just bought to add to my network. Loaded new firmware to SD card from a Mac. The new cams gave me an SD card error at first with the software unzipped. Unzipped and loaded all files individually on to the SD card. Tried again on new cams and they all loaded successfully. Just walked out to my K cam to load new firmware with the same card. Cleared cam, powered down, insert same SD card I used on new G cams, power up, try to load firmware, and getting check SD card message. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have four new G cams I just bought to add to my network. Loaded new firmware to SD card from a Mac. The new cams gave me an SD card error at first with the software unzipped. Unzipped and loaded all files individually on to the SD card. Tried again on new cams and they all loaded successfully. Just walked out to my K cam to load new firmware with the same card. Cleared cam, powered down, insert same SD card I used on new G cams, power up, try to load firmware, and getting check SD card message. Thoughts?

Sorry. That should have said zipped when I got the error on the new cams. After unzipping and placing all of the files on the SD card they loaded with no issue.

Sorry. That should have said zipped when I got the error on the new cams. After unzipping and placing all of the files on the SD card they loaded with no issue.

Got it. The G cams were able to successfully load with all of the files on card after unzipping. The K cam would only load after removing all, but the 1200_1_0_0.fw file. I read to only load that file, but when it worked on the G’s with all of them, I just left them. Lesson learned. On to camera #2.

All cameras updated, but have one J cam showing ERROR:03. I know I read somebody else’s comment on a thread somewhere regarding same issue, but cannot find it. Have tried removing batteries until camera goes dead and then reload with fresh batteries. Have tried letting camera go dead and powering up with external battery back. Tried with cards, without cards. Anybody have any suggestions other than call tech support tomorrow? Thanks.

I put out 2 Gs, 1 K, 1J (12 aa). All attached to a DPB. The J cam was installed with internals due to its location, and high quantity of pics in that area. All running 8.0. I cant get the J cam to show the DPB in report. It just shows OK

I put out 2 Gs, 1 K, 1J (12 aa). All attached to a DPB. The J cam was installed with internals due to its location, and high quantity of pics in that area. All running 8.0. I cant get the J cam to show the DPB in report. It just shows OK
I think the 12aa J is 9v and the DPB is also they work in parallel with bank one take batteries out of camera I think it will work then showing externals

All cameras updated, but have one J cam showing ERROR:03. I know I read somebody else’s comment on a thread somewhere regarding same issue, but cannot find it. Have tried removing batteries until camera goes dead and then reload with fresh batteries. Have tried letting camera go dead and powering up with external battery back. Tried with cards, without cards. Anybody have any suggestions other than call tech support tomorrow? Thanks.

if you did all that and it wont power up you need to send it in. its a post time out error so you did the correct procedure to reset it. They are on skeleton staff so you may have to leave a message and they will call you back at some point during the week with an RA.

FYI on the DPB make sure to check that the batteries are in correct and the internal light blinks. I have 7 DBP and on one of them the sticker for battery direction was stuck on the wrong way.

if you did all that and it wont power up you need to send it in. its a post time out error so you did the correct procedure to reset it. They are on skeleton staff so you may have to leave a message and they will call you back at some point during the week with an RA.

Thanks for the feedback and all the tips on here. Much appreciated.