Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Mine updated smoothly. Took a few hours for the website to sync and show all 4 cameras but it looks good now. I really like being able to name the cameras from the website. This will help when I move them around so I don't have to remember where the heck camera 4 was or find the last picture so I can remember.

I had same experience when updating and all looks good. Beginning to try different things.
Question: 1) when you ask it to take a pic I'm assuming you must save that request.?
2) how long does it take to execute the request?
3) what dictates when the cell device initiates a cell connection?

update went flawlessly all 7 cameras and one repeater

Mine updated smoothly. Took a few hours for the website to sync and show all 4 cameras but it looks good now. I really like being able to name the cameras from the website. This will help when I move them around so I don't have to remember where the heck camera 4 was or find the last picture so I can remember.

That is a cool to be able to change the name. Can't wait until my batteries come in this week.

Question: 1) when you ask it to take a pic I'm assuming you must save that request.?
3) what dictates when the cell device initiates a cell connection?[/QUOTE]
Always save after making any changes or sending a command.
the next time the remote checks in with the cell unit the command will be administered.
The cell unit initiates a connection anytime images are scheduled to send or a report is sent.

3) what dictates when the cell device initiates a cell connection?
the next time the remote checks in with the cell unit the command will be administered.
The cell unit initiates a connection anytime images are scheduled to send or a report is sent.[/QUOTE]
So i requested 2 remotes to take a pic (saved) some 3 hours ago and still pending , can i speed this up?

The cell unit initiates a connection anytime images are scheduled to send or a report is sent.
So i requested 2 remotes to take a pic (saved) some 3 hours ago and still pending , can i speed this up?[/QUOTE]
you can speed it up some for future needs by shortening the batch or hour setting on the Cell unit. this wont help you much for today though.
Any and all changes are typically done in less than 12 hours and almost always within 24 hours.

I got all mine updated this morning and just got my first email. Logged in online and made a few changes, but everything looks pretty cool so far. I'm going to try to do my other system tomorrow on my lunch break

one more note - adding more additional report times to your system will also speed up the time in which commands are initiated.

Running a test in back yard, and noticed my J cam (12 AA) with solar panel, shows "ext ok" on report. Is that going to be the norm now, even though there is no external batteries?

Note that all cams in system are updated to 8.0

Did the 8.0 update yesterday and all was easy enough.
The Only question so far is for the J’s. Maybe this was answered before but I don’t see it. Now that we can change the battery type setting, I’m not sure what the best option is? I added the 3495 6D packs to my cams a couple months ago, as well as have external 12v SLA’s regulated down to 9.6ish volts.
When I select 4d as the battery type, it shows EXT OK. If I set to 6d, like the actual setup, it just shows BAT OK. I realize this is probably because the internal and external are probably the same voltage. Or maybe having it set to 4d is not really recognizing the external pack, but reporting the 6d’s as external?
Is there a reason not to just leave the bat type set to 4d, or another way to get them to better recognize the externals if set to 6d?
It’s not a big issue since the J’s never reported the externals before either. Just trying to find the best setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Running a test in back yard, and noticed my J cam (12 AA) with solar panel, shows "ext ok" on report. Is that going to be the norm now, even though there is no external batteries?

Note that all cams in system are updated to 8.0
with 8.0 you can pick which battery pack is on the camera in commands, this will fix that for you.

Did the 8.0 update yesterday and all was easy enough.
The Only question so far is for the J’s. Maybe this was answered before but I don’t see it. Now that we can change the battery type setting, I’m not sure what the best option is? I added the 3495 6D packs to my cams a couple months ago, as well as have external 12v SLA’s regulated down to 9.6ish volts.
When I select 4d as the battery type, it shows EXT OK. If I set to 6d, like the actual setup, it just shows BAT OK. I realize this is probably because the internal and external are probably the same voltage. Or maybe having it set to 4d is not really recognizing the external pack, but reporting the 6d’s as external?
Is there a reason not to just leave the bat type set to 4d, or another way to get them to better recognize the externals if set to 6d?
It’s not a big issue since the J’s never reported the externals before either. Just trying to find the best setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You are best advised to set the camera to what internal pack is on the camera.

Last edited:
So I upgraded my cell camera to 8.0 and also installed a Cell repeater in my hunting lodge. I get 2-3 bars of Verizon LTE and have no problem watching videos on YouTube and getting websites loaded but my Cuddelink camera will not connect. I get an error 209 when I try the cell test. Any idea what that error is? If I take the camera home it works fine and sends pics but not at my hunting area.
one more note - adding more additional report times to your system will also speed up the time in which commands are initiated.

when you say you have a cell repeater at your lodge , do you have a dual Cell or do you have a cell home unit? Have you moved it even a short distance from the spot you got the 209 error and tried it?
error 209 is a cell service issue. if you want to share you name and number i can have someone from Cudde contact you. pm me your number and name if you want someone to contact you. Or you can call them direct.

So I upgraded my cell camera to 8.0 and also installed a Cell repeater in my hunting lodge. I get 2-3 bars of Verizon LTE and have no problem watching videos on YouTube and getting websites loaded but my Cuddelink camera will not connect. I get an error 209 when I try the cell test. Any idea what that error is? If I take the camera home it works fine and sends pics but not at my hunting area.

when you say you have a cell repeater at your lodge , do you have a dual Cell or do you have a cell home unit? Have you moved it even a short distance from the spot you got the 209 error and tried it?
error 209 is a cell service issue. if you want to share you name and number i can have someone from Cudde contact you. pm me your number and name if you want someone to contact you. Or you can call them direct.

Last edited:
Well I got my batteries today and I went ahead updated the firmware to 2.0 and deployed the cameras at home to do some trial with them. The remotes haven't shown up yet, but it has only been about 20 minutes. LOL. I put my batch at 2 right now, but will probably change that after a day or 2.

All my remotes are on there now. Took less than an hour. I am liking this new system. ALmost seems easier to just setup the cameras and then change settings on the computer to how you want it. Alot easier than hitting all of those buttons.

All my remotes are on there now. Took less than an hour. I am liking this new system. ALmost seems easier to just setup the cameras and then change settings on the computer to how you want it. Alot easier than hitting all of those buttons.

Yep, get them on the location #, and right channel and everything else can be sorted out online. I like how all remotes go off of the Home unit time and date too. So far, gen 2 is really nice and I've had zero issues