Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

yes this is the correct firmware, there is a file that notes that as such in the firmware download.

Goooood Griiiiieeeeffff put that on the website. Tells us to do one file when it's actually another if you click on the "map":

DO NOT UNZIP this file. Copy ZIP file to SD card.
Insert SD card into camera. Execute LOAD command.

C, E, G, J cameras: cdy_1200_8_0_0 is file cdy_1200_1_0_0.fw ***
F Series cameras: cdy_1286_4_2_0 is file cdy_1286_1_0_0.fw ***
F Pro series: cdy_2100_4_0_0 is file cdy_2100_1_0_0.fw ***

Goooood Griiiiieeeeffff put that on the website. Tells us to do one file when it's actually another if you click on the "map":
the link in the Gen 2 instructions downloads the correct file when you click on it. after you download it, the map tells you which file is 8.0. im not understanding where the confusion is ? You can have all of 3 of them on the sd card and it will download it when you update on the camera . Firmware updates cover all models of cameras(even non cuddelink). we have done it that way for a while so users dont have to determine which update to load.

yes this is the correct firmware, there is a file that notes that as such in the firmware download.

Reading on the site it says that we should reset all of the cameras as well?

Reading on the site it says that we should reset all of the cameras as well?
yes i would follow the instructions exactly if you want the best path to success.

the link in the Gen 2 instructions downloads the correct file when you click on it. after you download it, the map tells you which file is 8.0. im not understanding where the confusion is ? You can have all of 3 of them on the sd card and it will download it when you update on the camera . Firmware updates cover all models of cameras(even non cuddelink). we have done it that way for a while so users dont have to determine which update to load.

There's a reason why a number of us were confused. Directly from the page you get the file from:
unzip the download .zip file and copy the cdy_1200_8_0_0.fw file to a blank SD card.

That obviously is not the file if only doing one file. In fact I don't see that #(cdy_1200_8_0_0.fw) file anywhere. I think it's Stealth that doesn't even require to unzip the file. Just download it to an sd card and stick the card in the cam and load it up.

Last edited:
Cuddeback didnt require files to be unzipped either for quite some time until we found multiple brands of sd cards didnt work when loading firmware without doing so.

Cuddeback didnt require files to be unzipped either for quite some time until we found multiple brands of sd cards didnt work when loading firmware without doing so.

Could you clear this up please...in that "Firmwaremap" as I quoted above...it starts out with "DO NOT UNZIP this file. Copy ZIP file to SD card. Insert SD card into camera. Execute LOAD command".

There's only one .zip file. The others are the fw files w/in that zip. Just going by that one is to do like I mentioned with Steath's and you said Cuddeback used to do...

Could you clear this up please...in that "Firmwaremap" as I quoted above...it starts out with "DO NOT UNZIP this file. Copy ZIP file to SD card. Insert SD card into camera. Execute LOAD command".

There's only one .zip file. The others are the fw files w/in that zip. Just going by that one is to do like I mentioned with Steath's and you said Cuddeback used to do...
unzipping the file should work, you wont do any damage either way

C, E, G, J cameras: cdy_1200_7_9_0 is file cdy_1200_1_0_0.fw ***

*** renamed file
this is whats coming up when i go to firmware update on cuddeback web site no 8.00

C, E, G, J cameras: cdy_1200_7_9_0 is file cdy_1200_1_0_0.fw ***

*** renamed file
this is whats coming up when i go to firmware update on cuddeback web site no 8.00
you need to go to "Gen 2" link in top right corner. once you download the firmware via the link 1200 is the 8.0

you need to go to "Gen 2" link in top right corner. once you download the firmware via the link 1200 is the 8.0
Suggestion for your IT people. Put a link on the firmware page. I had the same issue when I first went to the website as I thought 2.0 wasn't on there until I finally found that link. I think most of us simply go to the firmware page for updates.

ive asked cuddeback to try and simplify the links and instructions more. it wont be done until at least next week so if you struggle to download the file as is, I have a file i can email you directly. Either way , in most cases you should not need to unzip it but if it doesnt load i would try unzipping it.
Click the link on the Gen 2 page to download the file, copy it to a formatted , blank SD card - put it in each camera , load firmware and you should be rolling. no need to find 8.0 etc. its definitely on the download.

Suggestion for your IT people. Put a link on the firmware page. I had the same issue when I first went to the website as I thought 2.0 wasn't on there until I finally found that link. I think most of us simply go to the firmware page for updates.
they want to keep Gen 2 separate for now, there are multiple reasons, but safe to say we wont be able to do this anytime soon.

Thanks !!

I have found that if you have downloaded the previous version firmware updates on the same computer more than once it may rename the file cdy_1_0_0 (1), cdy_1_0_0 (2), cdy_1_0_0 (3), etc. If you rename the file and delete the "space" and the "(#)" so that the file name is only "cdy_1_0_0" the file will upload the firmware correctly.

Maybe something to try if people are having trouble.

they want to keep Gen 2 separate for now, there are multiple reasons, but safe to say we wont be able to do this anytime soon.
Understandable, but a simple sentence on the firmware page that would say if looking for Gen 2 please click on this link. I think that would help CS get a few less phone calls.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but not sure why it seems like we are idiots for asking about the file names. The website distinctly gives a file name. The download distinctly gives a different file name. But we are to assume its the same even when the instructions don't say that? Instructions given, we follow, it doesnt line up, but it seems like we are idiots for that? Hmm.. not sure I agree with this. Again, maybe just me reading response wrong.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but not sure why it seems like we are idiots for asking about the file names. The website distinctly gives a file name. The download distinctly gives a different file name. But we are to assume its the same even when the instructions don't say that? Instructions given, we follow, it doesnt line up, but it seems like we are idiots for that? Hmm.. not sure I agree with this. Again, maybe just me reading response wrong.
Confusion on where FW 8.0 was put. Cuddeback put it on the far right of header instead of in the normal Firmware Update link. Also the zip file name has been the same for as long as I have been using, which has only been about 9 month, but I have seen 5 updates. You have to open the zip file and then open the Firmware map file to view which update version is there. Cuddeback has never spelled out on their webpage what that latest FW version is that I have seen. Compare this to what’s Trophy Acres posted early. His came from the Firmware update link, mine came from the v8 link.

Instructions:

C, E, G, J cameras: cdy_1200_8_0_0 is file cdy_1200_1_0_0.fw ***

It's a simple fix imo. 1)Don't have "DO NOT UNZIP this file" in the instructions if you want people to unzip it and only put the .fw file on the card..at the very least change it to- if putting the unzipped file into the cam doesn't work, unzip it and try putting just the .fw file on the card. 2)Have that same info on the download page, and put the correct .fw file you want us to put on the card, not "cdy_1200_8_0_0.fw ". :emoji_thumbsup:

FWIW, All of my cameras (J, G and K) updated flawlessly. One issue I did run into was with a camera that had previously shown an ERROR 04 message last fall. The camera was brought out of the woods at the end of deer season ( Error message still present) and stored waiting for the update. When I installed the same 4 batteries (NEW), that I had used for updating my other 10 cameras, the camera showed a LO BAT message. I checked for residual power but there was none. Every time it was the same message. I kept playing with it until I was able to get it to do a CLEAR (WITHOUT an SD card installed). After that, it updated like all the others. It appears to be working normal at this time. I'm going to put it out in the field when I go back to my property to see if things are working normally. If you get a strange LO BAT message, try clearing without an SD card to see if it works.