Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Ok it worked, but for now I have a question. I have 3 J-1415’s with a 3495 D battery pack. The upgrade to 8.0 cause them to say bat ext ok and type 4 d. Is this right? Does the 8.0 FW make them J 1521s with a 3495

Question.. Does Gen 2 only work as far as changing settings and stuff if you have a cell camera or home unit with a plan active?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gen 2 is live on the website as of today
I am trying to download the gen 2 firmware but the link is not working. Just takes me back to top of page. Anyone else having problems?

Gen 2 is live on the website as of today
I am trying to download the gen 2 firmware but the link is not working. Just takes me back to top of page. Anyone else having problems?
Got mine to download.. Just don't know if it's of any use or not without using with a cell plan. Anyone know. How to change settings etc. With just a regular home unit?

Got mine to download.. Just don't know if it's of any use or not without using with a cell plan. Anyone know. How to change settings etc. With just a regular home unit?

I got it to download in Chrome. Internet explorer doesn't work.

Question.. Does Gen 2 only work as far as changing settings and stuff if you have a cell camera or home unit with a plan active?

the main benefit Gen 2/ 8.0 give have to a non cell network would be the ability to increase the total network to 24 cameras and it will make it more efficient/faster 1500 images transmitted max per day compared to 1000 per day on previous versions.

Ok it worked, but for now I have a question. I have 3 J-1415’s with a 3495 D battery pack. The upgrade to 8.0 cause them to say bat ext ok and type 4 d. Is this right? Does the 8.0 FW make them J 1521s with a 3495
ill confirm, but more than likely 8.0 is set up to recognize 9 volts of power as an external power source. The Battery packs you have will eventually be phased out as an accessory although they will still work. With all cameras going to 4 d's as the internal battery source, they are designed to recognize any voltage over 6 volts as external power.

I will be interested in everyone's opinion on Gen 2. Will likely be a couple of weeks before I get to deploy. I did order my D batteries off of EBAY tonight.

ill confirm, but more than likely 8.0 is set up to recognize 9 volts of power as an external power source. The Battery packs you have will eventually be phased out as an accessory although they will still work. With all cameras going to 4 d's as the internal battery source, they are designed to recognize any voltage over 6 volts as external power.
Thanks, that’s what I was thinking may be the reason.

I must be doing something wrong. Folder for gen 2 release to desktop, go to open and there is no file shown that matches the one listed on the cuddeback site to load. Any thoughts

I must be doing something wrong. Folder for gen 2 release to desktop, go to open and there is no file shown that matches the one listed on the cuddeback site to load. Any thoughts

Same here. Have 3 different ones showing and none are the right one.

Will you be able to change Aspect, Zone and IR Mode in the June release or am I missing that option on the website?

Same here. Have 3 different ones showing and none are the right one.
Had same problem this morning, was going to wait until after work and try again

It looks like mine is doing the same thing. There are 3 .fw files in there. The closest thing to a cdy_1200_8_0_0 that I have is a cdy_1200_1_0_0. Is that the right one?

I'll only have my cell cam up for 2 more weeks so I think I'll pass on this update for now. Will wait until early Fall when I put it out again, and when they have version 10.0 out which will by then be a perfect 10, right?

It looks like mine is doing the same thing. There are 3 .fw files in there. The closest thing to a cdy_1200_8_0_0 that I have is a cdy_1200_1_0_0. Is that the right one?
Yes, that’s the zip file the other is imbedded in the zip

Yes, that’s the zip file the other is imbedded in the zip

But cdy_1200_8_0_0.fw isn't showing up. The zip file is downloaded from Cuddeback. When opened/unzipped there are 3 different .fw files shown. None are cdy_1200_8_0_0.fw

When you open/unzip the file do you see cdy_1200_8_0_0.fw and only that?

yes this is the correct firmware, there is a file that notes that as such in the firmware download.

Will you be able to change Aspect, Zone and IR Mode in the June release or am I missing that option on the website?
the additional features/settings that will come in June are not decided or finalized yet.

1200_1_0_0 is the file you all want. you can actually copy all 3 to the SD card and it should still load the correct one on your camera. If you are using a Mac, make sure you have a blank or formatted card when you copy it to the card so your mac doesnt rename the file.