Christmas Gift Ideas

hand pruning saw,4ft fencing,lighted nocks
I bought some cheap lighted nocks off of amazon just to see how they were. I previously used the easton nocks but they only seemed to last a year and at $9-10 each it wasn't worth it. Couldn't be happier with the amazon cheapos. I think I'm on the same pack of 6 for 3 years now. I think all but 1 still work. When I bought you could only get green or red but I see they offer multiple colors now.

https://smile.amazon.com/JIANZD-Lig...=1669905981&sprefix=lighted+n,aps,402&sr=8-22

This is a tough question because if I need something I usually research it, and buy the exact one I want. If you tell some one you want a model 345, they go out and buy you a model 245 because it looks the same, and was cheaper.
I do the same. I usually want things I can USE - not a sit & collect dust item. My family doesn't know what a "widget model #XLS" is - so I might as well just get it myself.
A Stihl extended pole chainsaw for pruning at home and at camp might be nice.

I do the same. I usually want things I can USE - not a sit & collect dust item. My family doesn't know what a "widget model #XLS" is - so I might as well just get it myself.
A Stihl extended pole chainsaw for pruning at home and at camp might be nice.
That is on my list as well.

My Dad's having a tougher time getting up in hang on stands, so I'm thinking about getting more ladder stands. I usually just stalk around on craigslist or Marketplace for tree stands though. Late winter sales are always good too.

Trail cameras are always appreciated.
Does Blue Hill have gift certificates?
A new ATV would be nice but I definitely wasn't good enough for Santa to bring me that.

I go through this every year. I have a December birthday too. So one year I mentioned that I rarely get any summer stuff. So I got some shorts one year. Aside from that, I would say that I don't buy or need a lot of stuff (my wife would disagree).

This year, I'm tagged out but had some trouble getting comfortable in the tree stand (I hate heights and tend to lean back to the tree when I'm readying for a shot which throws everything off). So I decided I'm going to try saddle hunting - hoping that will help.

With that being said, I started a buying "spree" and just told my wife - if anyone is looking for ideas for me, they can just buy it from her. She can just use what the UPS/FedEx delivery person drops it on our porch (and she doesn't need to know what anything costs, just sell it to them to give back to me). I did leave a couple of things in the Amazon cart as well and mentioned that to her. There is a TON of stuff that you need and it adds up:

Sticks (225)
Platform (180)
Saddle (200)
Recliner strap (40)
Ropes (teather and linemans belt) (75)
Ascenders (85)
Sys haulers (25)
HYS straps (25)
Knee pads (65)
Various hooks (25)

This whole idea is going to end up costing me about $1,000 and I'm not even buying the expensive stuff! So if I can offset some as gifts and pick the rest up over time, that will help me out mentally as I look at this endeavor through financial eyes.

But being tagged out - I bought a 5CF chest freezer... so maybe my wife is on to something(?).

A new ATV would be nice but I definitely wasn't good enough for Santa to bring me that.
An honest man!!! 😄 👍 Here's hoping for you, Pat!!!

If I even HINT that I've been good this year - my wife doesn't let me finish the sentence ........ she cuts me off with a sharp "NO!!!"

Coal again for me this year ...........

Stuff I have / or got over the years

Those screw in the tree treestand umbrellas
treestand harness tree straps with D rings or fall arrest ropes while climbing
Henckles deboning knife or a good fillet knife
Old timer 97OT knife. Has little saw and a pick for your muzzleloading folks

Battery powered pole or chainsaw

Bags of seed to try out
Nice flashlight I like the streamlight ones

Lots of things I could use, but a little beefier 4 wheeler (mine is a 4x4 300cc that struggles a bit to plow and pull the 440 lb cultipacker) and maybe a seeder for on said 4 wheeler....
The seeder might have to wait for my birthday in March, but I am going with Pat in the GCs from Blue Hill and Whitetail Crabs would be good (also sent Merit Seed an email asking them if they have GCs too).

Just found out that Merit does have GCs! (that money may have already been spent....)

A whetstone. Darn Tough socks, hand warmers, a field guide book of trees for your state
I’ll second good socks, and hand warmers. Now if you live in the south you could always ask for bags of corns or decal stickers (Georgia bull dawg or LSU tiger decals for your truck.)

I asked my wife for a drip torch and I've never seen her so confused in my life! Lol

Just ordered my dad one of the new style Stihl chainsaw sharpeners that also files down the top of the rakers at the same time it sharpens the tooth. I have one and love it.

A new crossbow...
A new pair of Muck boots...
Shooting rest bags...
John Deere 5075e...
A new doe bleat can...

I anticipate getting four of the above.

I’m getting a new backpack sprayer since my other crapped the bed.

I’m also digging those stihl battery chainsaws. Man that sure would make girdling and felling smaller trees quick, easy and quiet.

Yeah, gifting stuff amongst financially stable adults is kind of an odd thing unless it's unique items you cant just go out and buy. For years my dad and I have basically exchanged cash or gift cards, makes no damn sense.

It's kind of gross when you think of the mass amounts of junk and waste that gets tossed around on Christmas. Piles of cheap garbage that wasn't needed and is just going to sit around or go to a landfill.

My sister in law, her husband, two grown sons, and the wife of the son who is married are buying their own gifts.

The deal is that they can spend up to $125 and they each need to wrap their own gift or gifts without the others seeing it. They will open them together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A new crossbow...
A new pair of Muck boots...
Shooting rest bags...
John Deere 5075e...
A new doe bleat can...

I anticipate getting four of the above.
You can probably find that bleat can yourself. ;)

A can of BH 209.
A can of FF black powder.
209 magnum primers
No11 percussion caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk